Royal Princess Mexico

ILOVESHIPS

3 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

I didn't realize that they're moving the Royal to the West Coast.  We really liked her and sailed on her twice for a total of 24 days.

The Royal has been on the west coast for over a year now

2 hours ago, Coveguy4 said:

The Royal has been on the west coast for over a year now

Sure enough. We were on the Royal down the Mexican coast out of LA in April 2019. LOVE that itinerary. The Royal is definitely our favorite ship in the fleet, though admittedly we haven't yet been on the Sky or Enchanted....

13 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I read in am email from a travel agency all the start up dated for cruise lines and ports. It ha no date for Mexico opening up at this point, only that a few resorts in Cozumel were to be open in September but no dates for ships.

makes me think about paying another hundo down on a November cruise that won't happen

double down gaming the system 🤑

• Like 1

7/7/20 the West Coast itineraries for late 2021 and into 2022 are coming out.  In case your cruises this year are a no-go, you can see your alternative choices on July 7.

I HIGHLY recommend the 10 day Mexico itinerary that goes up into the Sea of Cortez, but I don't think the Royal is doing that one.  Some of the ports on the 10 day itinerary are not the usual ones, and we loved them.  Also, if you leave from Los Angeles, you get less choppy coastal waters, and warmer weather.  The Ruby sailing in April for 10 days is the lowest price of all the longer Mexico itineraries.

Here's the link to download the spreadsheet with advance info and pricing for all the West Coastal itineraries that was posted several days ago on this board:

666166753_2021-22WESTCOASTFares1.xlsx

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 4:17 PM, casavaha said:

I am booked on the Oct. 10 and two cruises in Dec. I guess we will have to wait until Oct. to find out.

We are booked on the same cruise in October. If Princess sails the West Coastal leaving October 3rd, they will be the first sailing since the stop in March. Our cruise would be the second. I haven't received any e-mail about new procedures and how it will insure/affect the passengers, or reassurance we will be sailing, or travel restrictions. I do know that Mexico is suffering because of the pandemic... And our final payment is due next month. Since our March  Hawaii cruise was cancelled 5 days before embarking, and how long Carnival Corp kept our refund, I'm really hoping for some information soon, as we will have to decide what we're going to do when final payment is due.

Lots of questions... No answers, but lots of questions.

Hope everything works out, and I will see you on board. 😊

Being that we are already in July and with COVID not under control and numbers keep rising here in the US, it's a very very very high possibility that there will be no cruises for the rest of the year. 

Mexico is not doing too good with their COVID numbers either.

Edited by Georgie562

We're going in mid-January.  Excited to be changed from Ruby to Royal, and hoping to get an upgrade due to low capacity.  One thing we also noticed is that the excursions (private companies rather than booking through the cruise line) are discounted as well.  Planning to use the savings for tips to the locals.  We have missed cruising!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 10:04 AM, CaliforniaAC said:

We are booked on the same cruise in October. If Princess sails the West Coastal leaving October 3rd, they will be the first sailing since the stop in March. Our cruise would be the second. I haven't received any e-mail about new procedures and how it will insure/affect the passengers, or reassurance we will be sailing, or travel restrictions. I do know that Mexico is suffering because of the pandemic... And our final payment is due next month. Since our March  Hawaii cruise was cancelled 5 days before embarking, and how long Carnival Corp kept our refund, I'm really hoping for some information soon, as we will have to decide what we're going to do when final payment is due.

Lots of questions... No answers, but lots of questions.

Hope everything works out, and I will see you on board. 😊

As of today, our October 10th 7 day Mexico Royal Princess cruise is cancelled.

Princess has just cancelled all cruises up to Dec 15, 2020.    We were on the Royal earlier this year out of LA to Mexico and it was fabulous.  We were booked on it again for Jan 2021 but cancelled it just the other day as the numbers of COVID were rising like crazy in California and it is my guess that cruising in CA will not be back up until at least 2022 at the earliest.