Saturday's Silly Subject

babs135

9 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I also think some of the reasons for low rating reviews are funny.  You know like "laughter disrupted my tranquility" or "the crew person didn't smile at me".  

Or like on our 1st cruise... a lady told the reason she was on the cruise.. was so her husband could jump over board........ What The......

Some people simply can't chill.... even it somebody does let off gas in full elevator......

( most people got off at the next floor ) lol

Cheers Don 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Or like on our 1st cruise... a lady told the reason she was on the cruise.. was so her husband could jump over board........ What The......

Some people simply can't chill.... even it somebody does let off gas in full elevator......

( most people got off at the next floor ) lol

Cheers Don 

hahaha.  And there wasn't even a dog there to blame it on!  😄

OP:  "Saturday's Silly Subject" is not so "silly" when cruising resumes again.  There are many of us who are going to have to weigh the positive feelings of enjoying another cruise against the realization that Covid-19 increases our risk for travel of whatever age and condition in which we exist.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clo said:

I hear you but how do you decide if you know nothing about the ship etc.?

Once bitten, twice shy. 😉 If the cruise line, itinerary and ship appeal to us from the cruise lines electronic brochures we book it. No one to blame but ourselves if the three categories aren't up to our expectations. So far that hasn't been the case. But we are easily pleased anyway.  

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

hahaha.  And there wasn't even a dog there to blame it on!  😄

LOL. Some year ago we had a pretty big party. About 50 friends. At the end there were maybe eight of us sitting around the living room. It was getting later and I had wondered how to wind this down. Our Lab, Levi, who was so bad we would put Gas-X on his dinner when friends were coming over. We forgot to do that. He was sleeping right by everyone of course and 'ripped' one. No problem getting folks to go home 🙂 Sorry, OT but one of my fave dog stories.

4 hours ago, clo said:

LOL. Some year ago we had a pretty big party. About 50 friends. At the end there were maybe eight of us sitting around the living room. It was getting later and I had wondered how to wind this down. Our Lab, Levi, who was so bad we would put Gas-X on his dinner when friends were coming over. We forgot to do that. He was sleeping right by everyone of course and 'ripped' one. No problem getting folks to go home 🙂 Sorry, OT but one of my fave dog stories.

The poor dog always gets the blame.  haha. 

8 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

OP:  "Saturday's Silly Subject" is not so "silly" when cruising resumes again.  There are many of us who are going to have to weigh the positive feelings of enjoying another cruise against the realization that Covid-19 increases our risk for travel of whatever age and condition in which we exist.  

I hear you.  DH and I are in the vulnerable and elderly risk group (funny, I never thought of myself as elderly until this all blew up) and although lockdown is easing here in the UK we are still being cautious when we venture out, which is mainly to do the shopping.  However, you cannot wrap yourself in cottonwool and 'stop living'.  We have merely transferred our October cruise to September 2021 and refuse to have negative thoughts about whether it (or we) will be able to travel.

But (there's always a but!)

I wouldn't want to be on the first sailing when cruising resumed.  Not because I'm afraid (well maybe just a little bit), but because I would like to hear from those who have sailed what the experience was like.  If the consensus of opinion is that it is awful and not likely to improve then perhaps we would think again about cruising.  Pity really, especially if you don't like flying.

In your scenario is there only one cruise line to choose from because they are the only ones to open back up or because we are past the virus and everyone else has gone out of business. If the former, I would wait to cruise. If the latter, if they offered an itinerary that appealed to me at a price that appealed I would give them another try.

36 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

In your scenario is there only one cruise line to choose from because they are the only ones to open back up or because we are past the virus and everyone else has gone out of business. If the former, I would wait to cruise. If the latter, if they offered an itinerary that appealed to me at a price that appealed I would give them another try.

Everyone else has gone out of business 

20 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Depends. If it was an interesting itinerary at a reasonable price I might just go (with adjusted expectations) and consider it an adventure. 

On the other hand if it really was an objectionable ship or line, I'd pass and just go somewhere on my own.

I'm in the same camp as cruisemom - the itinerary is more important than the ship.

But while Covid is still a significant risk, we'll skip cruising entirely and do our exploration by land - much less risk of being quarantined, refused at ports etc, and we'll have more flexibility to change our plans as we go rather than the captain's choice from very limited options.

JB :classic_smile: 

• Like 2