The Daily for Friday Jul 3, 2020

richwmn

The deer are gorgeous, aren't they?  When we were in a house, they used to come by to eat delicious stuff - visitors were enthralled, funny, they preferred the deer to the flowers!   We have deer around here in our townhouse too, but I don't have windows where I can watch them.

We have new neighbours arriving today - from Texas.  The elderly lady next door passed away a few weeks ago, and her son and DDIL are coming to settle everything.  They will have to self-quarantine for two weeks, but I'm sure they will have plenty to keep them busy inside.  Hope it all goes well!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Denise, I am so sorry. Our respective states are not doing well. Neither is Joy’s. Odd isn’t it. I am lucky to live in a County where our Sheriff alerted everyone early on, and now my town requires masks indoors. 

The Twins are doing well. And we had another fawn born last week. Bindi & I encountered it surrounded by its very protective family - all stomping their hooves on the ground - last week. It is a bit late in the season, but I am not complaining.

And the oldest fawn in the neighborhood has almost lost all its spots. It spent last evening in my backyard trying EVERY plant I have there.😒 But they are gorgeous, so I try not to complain. 

I am jealous to have wildlife in a backyard!!How calm and peaceful That is! 
I have no idea what Paisley would do!!

her only encounters are lizards on a hunt or squirrels!!LOL

Remember what Joy said to us? We are the bookends? And I said she is our center?

Well the 3 of us in our states are doing our part with this virus!! Masks are required here also outside and in BUT we have a lot of people not wanting to respect that right now😞 Our Gov looks like new warnings will be in place!!  Take care sweet Cat!

Again I am really happy Joy got her POD.

Denise😊

• Like 2

Thanks Rich for all the information. So glad for all the good news, pod recovery, dog return, chocolate, and good doctor reports. Today my sister is taking me to get my hair cut. I think it’s been 19 years since I got it cut. I will either be crying or cheering this evening. Wine either way. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HAL4NOW said:

They aren't old enough to read the deer-resistant plant list.

That is what I tried to explain to the company that takes care of my yard. They look at me as if they suspect ME of eating my own plants & trees.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Thanks Rich for all the information. So glad for all the good news, pod recovery, dog return, chocolate, and good doctor reports. Today my sister is taking me to get my hair cut. I think it’s been 19 years since I got it cut. I will either be crying or cheering this evening. Wine either way. 

Ooh Linda, another reason to celebrate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

So glad Linda you made it safely on the road to your sister!! Enjoy the moment getting your hair cut today!

Denise😊

6 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

I know I missed this and its likely posted somewhere but if the Veendam and Maasdam are headed to the Suez Canal where are they headed?

The only information right now is Suez Canal. It was mentioned that there is a "lay up" position somewhere in that area, but not exactly where.

37 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

I know I missed this and its likely posted somewhere but if the Veendam and Maasdam are headed to the Suez Canal where are they headed?

This is from the Maasdam and Veendam thread:

10 hours ago, Barkevko said:

35 minutes ago Veendam HD posted that they are leaving Singapore and heading to Cyprus

There's an anchorage at Moni, Cyprus:

Capture.JPG.28c0601656b8a354def2fea77b3d0825.JPG

The 4 ships currently there are Regal and Sky Princess,  and Seabourn Encore and Quest.  The nearest town of any size is Limassol.  Pure speculation on my part but based on the Veendam HD post it seems like a likely candidate.

Roy

Thanks for the dailies Rich.  So happy to hear about the dog and the pod, a happy ending for sure.  Not a fan of chocolate wafers, so not celebrating.  Hot and humid n Southern Ontario, thank goodness for our pool - the raccoons enjoy it overnight - not to swim, just to drink.  We het to wash their paw prints off tge edge every morning.  An early Happy 4th to our American Cruisers - have a wonderful day, celebrate while staying safe and healthy.🎉🍾🍉🍓🍒

• Like 3

Thanks for the daily report.

Pleasing to read the good news stories on this thread.

Single use plastic carry bags were banned here in  New Zealand ,1st  July 2019.

Supermarkets have flimsy small plastic bags in the fruit /vegetable section for items to be placed in.

• Like 2