How the first CCL Corp. cruise will look. Will Princess look the same?

caribill

CCL Corp has announced that AIDA will start having cruises August 5.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporations-aida-cruises-restart-sailing-vacations

Starting with the booking process through individual travel preparation, embarking and disembarking in port, and medical care on board, AIDA Cruises has introduced a variety of preventive measures to complement existing health and hygiene standards.

These measures range from the digital health questionnaire prior to the cruise, to temperature measurements before check-in for guests and crew, to physical distancing guidelines and routing systems on arrival and departure and on board, to closely managing capacities at venues such as restaurants, bars, theatres, sports and wellness areas.

The enhanced protocols are supplemented by additional hygiene and safety measures, such as increased cleaning and disinfection measures, which take place in all cabins and public areas according to a defined protocol, as well as additional disinfection dispensers at check-in and on board.  

Onboard medical care for all guests and crew is available around the clock. The ships are equipped with PCR-test-kits and diagnostic devices for the immediate evaluation of suspected COVID-19 cases, and the medical team on board is trained in the relevant test procedures and treatment methods. Together with the responsible authorities, extensive processes have been developed to facilitate medical care, safe disembarkation, and a safe return home as quickly as possible for patients diagnosed with a confirmed COVID-19 case.

The first cruises will take place with an adjusted passenger capacity and without calling at another port. AIDA guests can look forward to a versatile vacation program on board with the usual five-star service for guests, with the implementation of necessary hygiene standards and rules for avoiding contact and keeping distance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I thought I had read somewhere that the stewards were no longer going to service cabins. That seems contradictory to "increased cleaning and disinfection in cabins". 

If this is the case, who cleans them?.....us???.....that's no holiday! 

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I thought I had read somewhere that the stewards were no longer going to service cabins. That seems contradictory to "increased cleaning and disinfection in cabins". 

It means that the stewards will have less interaction with passengers and less touching of surfaces in cabins, therefore drastically reducing the chances of cross contamination.  Seems perfectly sensible.

Why speculate?  I'm sure that more information will be coming out soon as to the measures that will be taken.  Until then it's all guesswork and a waste of time when considering the other cruise lines.  AIDA has announced their procedure and this may be a template for all to be done in total or in part.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

Not that they will never service but not TWICE a day and the extraneous items such as toiletries and booze in the mini-bar will not be supplied. Also books/magazines etc will be gone.

Assuming they will find a way to let you order room service from non-paper menus?

Edited by gmjc2

13 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Sounds like a miserable way to spend vacation. I wouldn't go if the fare was free and all drinks included. I don't want to stare at a bunch of people wearing masks.

I agree......I would rather spend my money at a great beach resort and have the freedom to do things than be stuck on an experimental cruise.....sounds like they expect Covid - 19 cases too....it is a German cruise and they did fairly well at controlling Covid and passengers will probably follow all protocols willingly  I suspect....

Edited by PrincessLuver

3 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

I agree. I was only stating what I have read.

And if you read the post directly after yours, you will see someone actually trying to say less cleaning is better. I don't buy it.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

It means that the stewards will have less interaction with passengers and less touching of surfaces in cabins, therefore drastically reducing the chances of cross contamination.  Seems perfectly sensible.

The stewards do their best to do their cleaning when you are out of your room.

Less cleaning means more safety really sounds like a contradiction in terms.

12 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

The stewards do their best to do their cleaning when you are out of your room.

Less cleaning means more safety really sounds like a contradiction in terms.

If one of the inhabitants of the cabin have CV19, even when they are not showing symptoms,  the viral load in the cabin, especially on surfaces, will be extremely high. It seems perfectly sensible to restrict entry to cabins as much as possible. After all, haven't we all gone through months of lock down when no one was allowed into our homes, so as to avoid spreading the virus? The same lock down principle applies to cruise cabins.

2 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

I agree......I would rather spend my money at a great beach resort and have the freedom to do things than be stuck on an experimental cruise.....sounds like they expect Covid - 19 cases too....it is a German cruise and they did fairly well at controlling Covid and passengers will probably follow all protocols willingly  I suspect....

You’re probably right about Germans following protocols. Who knows, perhaps if people in the US could do the same, the road to recovery might be quicker.

• Like 3

Some hotels put a room cleaned seal on the door lock area so that when you check in you know it has been been touched since the cleaning.

Only if you request cleaning during your stay will they do so.

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

One thing discussed in a webinar I watched yesterday for the cruise industry was each cabin having their own cleaning supplies. That would make sense so the cabin steward isn't using supplies from one cabin to the next.  I will have to go back through my notes because they also discussed about how they used to clean when passengers were off the ship and out of the cabin. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

37 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

One thing discussed in a webinar I watched yesterday for the cruise industry was each cabin having their own cleaning supplies. That would make sense so the cabin steward isn't using supplies from one cabin to the next.  I will have to go back through my notes because they also discussed about how they used to clean when passengers were off the ship and out of the cabin. 

Thank you, that makes a lot more sense than not cleaning. And isn't one of the things that has been learned since the start was that surface transmission is not a major factor?

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

If one of the inhabitants of the cabin have CV19, even when they are not showing symptoms,  the viral load in the cabin, especially on surfaces, will be extremely high. It seems perfectly sensible to restrict entry to cabins as much as possible. After all, haven't we all gone through months of lock down when no one was allowed into our homes, so as to avoid spreading the virus? The same lock down principle applies to cruise cabins.

It was thought that surface transmission was a major factor in the spread of Covid 19, but now that does not seem to be considered a major factor at all.

Will passengers get new towels? How are you going to keep the stewards out entirely? What is left of their job? Wait, they would still have to clean cabins between one cruise's disembarkation and the next one's embarkation. And there you have it, your big fear of going from one cabin to the next cabin and the next cabin and so forth.