Diamond Club Theory when we return

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am up by 5AM. I'll just stop by the DL and throw a towel on a chair while on my way to the solarium to reserve my chair there. I think I'm gonna need more towels.😉

It's a D+ gift list item😉

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You must not cruise much. 🤔

Hasn't been that way in FL in years 

We've been able to find seats in the DL prior to Late Seating on our last few cruise.  Harmony had a nice overflow in the Jazz Club that was quieter than the main DL.  and of course before it was amped, we found seats in Oasis's DL before late seating.  

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

We've been able to find seats in the DL prior to Late Seating on our last few cruise.  Harmony had a nice overflow in the Jazz Club that was quieter than the main DL.  and of course before it was amped, we found seats in Oasis's DL before late seating.  

But that is because they did an overflow.😉

It wasn't thst long ago where the rumor of the day was no more overflow lounges🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

But that is because they did an overflow.😉

It wasn't thst long ago where the rumor of the day was no more overflow lounges🤔

we'll have to see if that rumor comes through.  

HM's DL (as well as OA and SY) are pretty small without overflow.  

2 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

we'll have to see if that rumor comes through.  

HM's DL (as well as OA and SY) are pretty small without overflow.  

We were on Oasis in January and one night there was no overflow most of the night due to commitments in both Jazz and Blaze. 

Gavin was going crazy

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Just curious, are you in the lounge from 4:30 to 8:00?

Nope, generally leave around 5:30, but pop in for coffee between 7 and 7:30. 

Now if we have a specialty dinner we may not arrive until later. Generally in SL, but we always stop by DL to see who's there.

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, John&LaLa said:

We were on Oasis in January and one night there was no overflow most of the night due to commitments in both Jazz and Blaze. 

Gavin was going crazy

I thought Gavin was a Harmony Concierge.  He was our concierge for our January 12, 2020 Harmony Cruise.  Jazz club was closed on the first night but it was open during the other 6 nights.  

I thought Gavin was a Harmony Concierge.  He was our concierge for our January 12, 2020 Harmony Cruise.  Jazz club was closed on the first night but it was open during the other 6 nights.  

Maybe it was Harmony in February.  I'm starting to forget details it seems.😉

Maybe it was Harmony in February.  I'm starting to forget details it seems.😉

That'[s cause prior to COVID, you were on lots of cruises.  😂

I actually put my future cruises into a spreadsheet to keep track.  And check the Royal Caribbean website for past cruises.  

That'[s cause prior to COVID, you were on lots of cruises.  😂

I actually put my future cruises into a spreadsheet to keep track.  And check the Royal Caribbean website for past cruises.  

My crystal block schedule is all screwed up now😇

We were on track for three new ones by March

Liberty, Odyssey, Ovation

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Nope, generally leave around 5:30, but pop in for coffee between 7 and 7:30. 

So if you leave at 5:30, you really don't know if the lounge significantly empties at early dinner.  Indeed, you are one of those who has left.

Just now, yogimax said:

So if you leave at 5:30, you really don't know if the lounge significantly empties at early dinner.  Indeed, you are one of those who has left.

I edited it to indicate we arrive later and leave later the nights we skip MDR. Probably 3 times a week if I had to guess.

So, what were your last 3-4 trips out of Florida?

I have no experience out of the NE

I edited it to indicate we arrive later and leave later the nights we skip MDR. Probably 3 times a week if I had to guess.

Harmony Jan. 12, 2020; Mariner -- 11-18-2019; Mariner B2B -- 5-20 to 5-27-2019.  Were unable to get to HM for 9-1-2019 because of Hurricane Dorian (even for the 3 night cruise).  Also had April 19 & August 23, 2020 cancelled due to COVID19.    We have only cruised out of Florida since we moved to SC in 2004.  DH would rather drive than fly.  And Port C is only 4 1/2 hours away.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Between my solarium chair, pool deck chair, sundeck chair, theater seat, and Windjammer seat, the trip to reserve my DL seat is minimal. Now do you understand why I need extra towels?

When we get back to cruising there are going to be little tent cards all over the place saying something like “keep this chair empty for social distancing.” Simply grab a few and no more need for all those towels. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

This benefits us as we always choose late dining.  Pretty uncrowded although first seating folks come in before closing for a nightcap.  

It is always around 7pm when we go into the lounges and they are often 50-75% capacity.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Rhapsody - January, 2020

Mariner - December, 2019

Adventure -August, 2019

In all cases the lounge or lounge area significantly emptied by the beginning of early dinner.

12 hours ago, yogimax said:

Actually, because of early dining, the lounges empty out at 6PM

Actually (based on the many different threads concerning the DL crowding) because of all the different dining venues and start times the DL never get's empty during the C&A HH. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Rhapsody - January, 2020

Mariner - December, 2019

Adventure -August, 2019

In all cases the lounge or lounge area significantly emptied by the beginning of early dinner.

That's been our experience too. People from the US tend to dine early - I'm always amazed at how early (standing in line to get into the dining room at 5.30!). We typically dine 8.-8.30 and visit the lounge for pre-dinner drinks and never found a problem getting a seat on cruises from the US. And yes I have done several cruises from the US in the last few years.

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Actually (based on the many different threads concerning the DL crowding) because of all the different dining venues and start times the DL never get's empty during the C&A HH. 

Early diners leave but many stay plus new arrivals  making the lounge always packed in my observation.

• Like 1