Diamond Club Theory when we return

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have always given two cards when using our vouchers in a bar, as have those we have been sailing with.  Never heard of someone using only one card.

I use my card for first 2 drinks

Then my wife's card next 2 drinks

Then both cards for the third 2 drinks so now you can say you have heard someone doing this.

Graham.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I use my card for first 2 drinks

Then my wife's card next 2 drinks

Then both cards for the third 2 drinks so now you can say you have heard someone doing this.

Graham.

On our last Freedom cruise our waiter for MTD suggested we do it exactly that way. We've also ordered drinks (3 each) using our own Sea Pass cards for each drink. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

On our last Freedom cruise our waiter for MTD suggested we do it exactly that way. We've also ordered drinks (3 each) using our own Sea Pass cards for each drink. 

We had a barman at a bar we went to most nights who gave me a full bottle of sparkling wine to save me keep coming back to the bar in exchange for our vouchers.

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks.

The same happened to us once on Independence before you could use your vouchers in the restaurant.

We carried 4 glasses to Giovanni's.

🍾

Edited by grapau27

6 minutes ago, compman9 said:

You do know that is what this post was originally about, don't you? 

Yes and a great idea of yours too.

Until cruising restarts none of us will know but I have supplied a few ideas during the thread to your question which I hope has helped.

Regards Graham.

👍

Edited by grapau27

7 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What were the most accepted suggestions of these 32 pages and 785 postings? We lost track. 

No one knows but lots of speculation with some random and wild thoughts and possibilities.  At the end of the day all we (and Royal) can do is wait until we get closer to cruising resuming before we or they will know what the options will be.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What were the most accepted suggestions of these 32 pages and 785 postings? We lost track. 

The original thread wasn’t about suggestions but what would happen to the Diamond Club but sure changed into a wish list. 

In my opinion, if/when cruises begin again, the DL will not be open. 

M8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The original thread wasn’t about suggestions but what would happen to the Diamond Club but sure changed into a wish list. 

M8

You may be right.  Instead, a new and expanded Elite Lounge will be revealed that will include a no standing rule and seats in clusters (allowing for family members to sit together), that are six feet apart.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

That is possible but the same thing could also happen to the CL and SL too where lots of  people congregate in a small area.

Graham.

• Like 2

I don't see a reason for the Diamond Lounge specifically to be closed when cruising resumes.  Like any other indoor venue on the ship it may function with a reduced capacity.  No lounge has ever been large enough for all onboard that qualify to use it, and this isn't likely to change in the near term.  I would expect self-service for food to end; a reduced variety of hot and cold appetizers likely to be plated and served.  45 minutes is plenty sufficient for me in the DL to have 2 or 3 drinks before heading to dinner.  If it is too crowded I'll use the drinks elsewhere onboard.  I think they have much bigger problems to solve at the moment 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

I think it will be open, but with no food or drinks. So why bother going.

That would be my guess which I probably said 150 posts ago.  3 drinks on the card only.  Lounge for sitting and reading

OS  That's fine with me

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Some say no but I agree, for the most part, it’s about the unlimited FREE drinks.  

M8

+1

I like going in for a coffee and even had coffee during HH but free unlimited drinks is the big attraction especially when some DL/CL are dingy.

• Like 1