Diamond Club Theory when we return

Just now, yogimax said:

Sailing at 50% capacity even for a short period of time, would lead to financial disaster and bankruptcy.  There are fixed costs, not the least of which is interest.  it would be "Bye, bye, Royal"!

As opposed to the months of not sailing.🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

After not sailing for 9 moths sailing at 50% for a number of months certainly won’t lead to bankruptcy as you suggested. 

Hey Look, I love to cruise and am loyal to Royal, but facts are facts.

This was a report from early June.  Since then, the situation has worsened.

"A dry-docked Royal Caribbean Cruises (NYSE:RCL) is heading back to the debt markets to raise cash and boost its liquidity during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The cruise ship operator is raising an additional $2 billion in bonds and convertible notes less than one month after it sold over $3 billion in senior secured notes at high interest rates. It was forced to use a tricky maneuver to avoid violating covenants that limited the amount of debt it could take on. To attract investors, it gave them priority interest in entities that owned 28 of its cruise ships, putting them second in line to collect if Royal Caribbean ran aground."

Sailing at 50% will make the situation all the worse.

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

"A dry-docked Royal Caribbean Cruises (NYSE:RCL) is heading back to the debt markets to raise cash and boost its liquidity during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The cruise ship operator is raising an additional $2 billion in bonds and convertible notes less than one month after it sold over $3 billion in senior secured notes at high interest rates. It was forced to use a tricky maneuver to avoid violating covenants that limited the amount of debt it could take on. To attract investors, it gave them priority interest in entities that owned 28 of its cruise ships, putting them second in line to collect if Royal Caribbean ran aground."

Some money is better than none and could give them leverage $ to remain “afloat “. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You’ve obviously failed to listen to any of Fains speeches saying the ships would not immediately begin sailing at full capacity.

What you quote as facts mentions nothing about how Long they can go without sailing nor at what capacity they need to sail at when they start.

Anyone who thinks ships will sail at full capacity upon startup is delusional. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

When sailing on Celebrity and Azamara they give reciprocal loyalty status up through Diamond....with several nice perks. For us, it's now been more about where we go and they both offer a variety of itineraries that RCI doesn't have. We've enjoyed our sailings on both of the sister lines. 

Celebrity Elite Perks 

• Elegant tea invitation 
  • Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers’ Party) 
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port) 
    *applies to Solstice and Millennium class ships only
  • Access to the Captain’s Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast 
  • A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast 
  • Complimentary 90-minute Internet package or 30% discount on our Unlimited Internet Package
  • Exclusive Senior Officers’ Cocktail Party 
  • Complimentary wine seminar event 
  • Priority embarkation while boarding the ship (where available) 
  • Priority status for shore excursion waitlist 
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing. Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items and dry cleaning of 1 garment.
  • Behind the scenes Theatre Tour with the cast and crew, with complimentary welcome drink 
  • One category stateroom upgrade applicable up to AquaClass®* 
  • Exclusive Captains Club Celebration Event 
  • 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery plus $100 off any Photo Package purchased at The Studio
  • One Complimentary scoop of gelato from the Gelateria 
  • Access to special events on Reunion and Presidents Cruise sailings 
  • Access to Captain's Club VISTA magazine online 
  • Access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise
  • Eligibility for Captain’s Club promotions when booking a future cruise onboard
  • Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society

I actually like the idea of no happy hour lounge on embarkation day. Its always a zoo and mad rush to get there from muster

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Three possibilities...

1.  More people will be cruising - absolutely not.  People will not be rushing back to what has proven to be floating

incubation labs.

2.  The same number of people will be cruising as before - nope.  Many will have reached the age where cruising is no

longer a viable option.  People have gotten used to alternate vacations and new cruisers will take years to develop.

3. The demand for cruising will lessen - bingo!

So yes, "cruisers are still going to cruise, but far less than before!

Have you not watched the news. Young folks don't care😉

If anybody will be thinking twice, it's the majority of experienced cruisers who shoukd know how risky it really is.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

And the oldest folks sail Holland America.  Can you give the stats to dispute this?

I'm sure google could tell us, but I don't have the energy to search. 

But, I'm pretty sure the average passenger age on the big three is statistically identical.

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I actually like the idea of no happy hour lounge on embarkation day. Its always a zoo and mad rush to get there from muster

May not be a mad rush to get to lounge when the new phased rules for the muster are implemented.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

I am old, and have never sailed Holland America.

And I sailed them 3 times in my 30's🤣🤣

Last sailed Carnival in my mid 40's

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

1.  C&A will NOT be going away.

2.  C & A will NOT reset to zero.

Either one of those options would be corporate suicide and bring great joy to Carnival and NCL!

I absolutely agree.

The DL/CL/SL as well as the other C&A benefits put RCL at the top of our list.

Other cruiselines have better service,food, restaurants and entertainment and it would be corporate suicide for Royal to stop what keeps them above the rest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree.

The DL/CL/SL as well as the other C&A benefits put RCL at the top of our list.

Other cruiselines have better service,food, restaurants and entertainment and it would be corporate suicide for Royal to stop what keeps them above the rest.

Why do we cruise Royal then? Just for the loyalty perks? Do you feel stuck?

• Thanks 1