Diamond Club Theory when we return

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Some say no but I agree, for the most part, it’s about the unlimited FREE drinks.  

M8

Agree, let the drinks flow any where on the ship from 5 - 8pm.

Excellent idea! 

Anyone second the Theory?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t expect the SL to open either. On Oasis Class, Suites and Pins get unlimited Wine and Beer 11-11, in SL. Who knows what they will do. 

Please stay on topic. This is the DL.

SL on different thread.  GOT U. LOL

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t expect the SL to open either. On Oasis Class, Suites and Pins get unlimited Wine and Beer 11-11, in SL. Who knows what they will do. 

Thanks Rory.

The CL/SL thread is now running and your expert advice is welcome on there.

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Still too early to tell what is going to happen, but DL is likely to open only to D+ and P.  CL were being changed to SL prior to this pandemic and I suspect all will be SL on the return to sailing.  It would make sense to make the SL only for suites and add a P lounge somewhere, but time will tell.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

The same happened to us once on Independence before you could use your vouchers in the restaurant.

We carried 4 glasses to Giovanni's.

🍾

Well done!  I would have spilled mine!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Seriously,  why not?

Yes seriously! :classic_rolleyes: Personal preference. We have always enjoy the DL (no matter the time of day or evening and over the CL) on the ships we've been on and the time frame of 3.5 hours (not the 3 hours you are suggesting 👎). That way we can enjoy a couple of drinks and a snack in the DL before diner and a few more in the MDR (MTD) during our meal and/or after diner before the show in the theater. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Unless you and the "reliable posters" you refer to poll the people in line at guest services, you have no idea what people are doing.  As far as discussing tips with all those you speak to, that is baffling unless you are doing an unofficial poll of a small segment of a sailing.  We don't discuss tips and never will.

We use our three vouchers in whatever venue we are in each night and do not think three is strange.  We each give a card for our drink as does those we have sailed with.  

It's a common fact that tipping (not speaking of rounding up bills etc) is not part of most cultures. Cruiselines are facing issues especially in Europe or Australia that passengers are even removing the auto gratuites. If you observe / talk to crews you would know that this is the reality.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

It's a common fact that tipping (not speaking of rounding up bills etc) is not part of most cultures. Cruiselines are facing issues especially in Europe or Australia that passengers are even removing the auto gratuites. If you observe / talk to crews you would know that this is the reality.

People remove auto gratuities whether the ship sails from Europe, Australia or the US.  I am not going to go round and round on the assumptions that were posted.  Unless someone stands at guest services and asks why people are there, no one knows if they are removing gratuities or dealing with another issue.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yes seriously! :classic_rolleyes: Personal preference. We have always enjoy the DL (no matter the time of day or evening and over the CL) on the ships we've been on and the time frame of 3.5 hours (not the 3 hours you are suggesting 👎). That way we can enjoy a couple of drinks and a snack in the DL before diner and a few more in the MDR (MTD) during our meal and/or after diner before the show in the theater. 

Ok, now I understand why. What about if we leave the DL open and allow drinks from 5 - 8 or 830pm using your card at any bar?  I don't care if it is only drinks on the current DL list or other. 

My logic here is it would reduce some of the traffic in the DL early during the evening. 

I'm all for the card being used during those hours.

Thanks for your reply.

Stay Safe! 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Ok, now I understand why. What about if we leave the DL open and allow drinks from 5 - 8 or 830pm using your card at any bar?  I don't care if it is only drinks on the current DL list or other. 

My logic here is it would reduce some of the traffic in the DL early during the evening. 

I'm all for the card being used during those hours.

Thanks for your reply.

Stay Safe! 

You currently can use your C&A HH drinks during the HH at any bar/lounge, dining venue and theater.

Way above my pay grade to speculate any changes to the C&A program. I'll leave the logistics to RC "if" any changes are to be made to the C&A top three tier perks/benefits. We're just along for the ride and enjoy the perks/benefits. Right now we're cool with the current C&A system and haven't seen (read) anything official from RCG even suggesting any possible C&A changes when cruising resumes.  'If" any C&A changes are to be made we'll adjust accordingly. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oxo said:

Agree, let the drinks flow any where on the ship from 5 - 8pm.

Excellent idea! 

Anyone second the Theory?

Whoo hoo. Sounds great. Oh, you mean for Diamonds. Well, sure, I’m in favor of that even if it doesn’t help me out. But better if the whole ship were included. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I can’t wait for the day when the ships get rid of tips and just add in the cost to the cruise fare. Then we can go back to arguing about important stuff - like who gets to visit the DL. 

9 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Whoo hoo. Sounds great. Oh, you mean for Diamonds. Well, sure, I’m in favor of that even if it doesn’t help me out. But better if the whole ship were included. 

I like that

• Haha 1