The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

3 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

I may have posted this picture a few years ago so sorry if my memory isnt what it used to be! LOL On the infamous Crystal Symphony crossing  #0210 from LAX to Sydney., somewhere between the 2 typhoons we were straddling! 🙂 One lady and myself I recall were runnong around deck 6 trying to get pictures.One of the pds was broken between Melbourne  and Perth so we limped into Perth 2 days late

wave 2010.jpg

Are you sure you're not getting your cruises mixed up?  The one we were on was 0205 and I think the Azipod problem was a Serenity cruise you were on with your parents.  Come to think of it, Symphony does not have pods.

Roy

20 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Are you sure you're not getting your cruises mixed up?  The one we were on was 0205 and I think the Azipod problem was a Serenity cruise you were on with your parents.  Come to think of it, Symphony does not have pods.

Roy

We were on that cruise in 2010 and the typhoons were behind us by Sydney, or so I thought. We did not go all the way to Perth on that one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

So the Washington Post taste tested eight or ten of the most popular brands of vanilla ice cream:

Ben and Jerry's came out on top.

The Costco store brand (Kirkland) came in second.

Blue Bell tied for seventh with Walmart's brand.

News you can use! 

Walmart has its own brand of ice cream? 

What’s it called…Bessie Mae Bentonville? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Walmart has its own brand of ice cream? 

What’s it called…Bessie Mae Bentonville? 🤔

Sarah Vanilla Bean(but not Tahitian, mind you) McPecan Sandies ice cream.

It has its own theme song:

15 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Sarah Vanilla Bean(but not Tahitian, mind you) McPecan Sandies ice cream.

It has its own theme song:

I never wouldda guessed…

I’ve learned more today than all the combined hours I’ve been spent sequestered in an OC laundry room.

(Yes, even including the deck 10/11 laundry rooms I may or may not have had a key to!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

omg I am  losing my mind AAAK !!!You are right it was 0205!

My dad was on the WC2009 and asked his kids to go on  different segment .Fortunately he got of in Melbourne and flew to Pertht o spend some time with friends and rejoining Serenity there

Edited by wearesiamese
errors in last post
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

We did not do Australia in '05 but distinctly remember the 2 typhoons in 2010. Age (?!!!) does terrible things to our memory🤯

Not to be pedantic but, we don't actually call them typhoons.  This type of weather condition is known as a 'cyclone' down this part of the world.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Not to be pedantic but, we don't actually call them typhoons.  This type of weather condition is known as a 'cyclone' down this part of the world.

Interesting. As you probably know they are hurricanes in the Atlantic into the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico and I think the Pacific around California and Mexico. When we get news reports of them in the Pacific around the Philippines, etc., they always call them typhoons. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

When we get news reports of them in the Pacific around the Philippines, etc., they always call them typhoons. 

and “tropical cyclones” or just “cyclones” and big ones are given ladies names (wonder why that is 😂) in Australia & New Zealand 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

and “tropical cyclones” or just “cyclones” and big ones are given ladies names (wonder why that is 😂) in Australia & New Zealand 

Years ago they went to every other one male then female. If one year they start with an "A" female name then "B" male name, the next year it's an "A" male name then "B" female name and if the hurricane is particularly bad, the name is retired.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

You’re right - it alternates between male and female 

i wonder why I thought they were all females that wreak havoc 😂😂😂

I believe many, many years ago, all named hurricanes were female. (old child joke; Why? Because they are HERicanes!!) I think they went to the male/female alternate when they started running out of female names!! Or Germaine Greer got upset. One or the other.😁

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

We were not in the Middle East when I took this photo. Does anyone know where.

In this case it's not Where's Waldo.  It's Where Was Serenity?

IMG_2869.thumb.jpeg.5e46715a86e69cf0ce2a8e86ca2f238f.jpeg

Keith

Nassau,Bahamas 

Nancy

• Like 2

I have to admit when we are in London this is a big help to me.  

In fact on the ship we usually stay on the port side so I know make a right to make my way to the fitness center, market place and laundry room.  Times we have stayed on the starboard side the first couple of days I end up walking towards Palm Court.  

Keith

P1000025.thumb.jpeg.c357054daadaaa2a7256c23f663623c2.jpeg

P1000036.thumb.jpeg.66b20d65d33fd39248760c81274f7c9e.jpeg

• Like 3