New CDC Announcement - Another Extension

CK57

3 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

What is everyone doing if they have their cruise set for this year? 

Waiting for RCI to cancel? or canceling before final payment? Canceling after final payment?

My cruise is on the Liberty out of Galveston on November 8th. Final payment is due August 10th. 

I don't know what to do...

I do know we definitely are NOT going. Just don't know if I should cancel before the final payment and lose the deposit.

We have a December 13th Oasis cruise. Final payment is Sept 14th I think. IF we make it it would only be so we could get 125% fcc for our 2/2022 cruise we have booked however we most likely will cancel the day before and just move the deposit to the other cruise. Right now I'm concerned our 5/2021 Alaska cruise may not happen. We are traveling with family over 70 on that one so it's not looking like a good idea.

1 hour ago, Nemomof3 said:

We have a December 13th Oasis cruise. Final payment is Sept 14th I think. IF we make it it would only be so we could get 125% fcc for our 2/2022 cruise we have booked however we most likely will cancel the day before and just move the deposit to the other cruise. Right now I'm concerned our 5/2021 Alaska cruise may not happen. We are traveling with family over 70 on that one so it's not looking like a good idea.

Wouldnt count on 125%. Had 2 Royal Cruises canceled end June, choices were: Change ship with price protection to their one choice ship(not even same Class), Lift & Shift to next yr or refund exact monies already paid. No FCC

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Bahamas Paradise - they planned to sail right after the order expired, but more recent events pushed them further out to 8/28 and now at least 10/1.

Actually, if you read the newest order, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has had their NSO response plan approved, so barring state and local requirements (Florida and Bahamas), they could restart cruising today, and I suspect the Aug 28 date may hold.

While the color code is for crew disembarkation, you will note that nearly all the "green" ships are only "provisionally green", meaning that they are green for crew movement, but that their NSO response plans had not been approved.  BPCL is noted as "fully" green, and their plan has been noted as being approved.

The reason BPCL pushed their date back was mainly due to the potential for renewed shutdown in Florida, and the testing requirements in Bahamas, not the CDC.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Wouldnt count on 125%. Had 2 Royal Cruises canceled end June, choices were: Change ship with price protection to their one choice ship(not even same Class), Lift & Shift to next yr or refund exact monies already paid. No FCC

That's surprising. Their website for the latest cancellations has

As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30th, 2022.

Curious... were you before final payment?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was not a 2 week extension..  It was a two month and one week extension.  The CDC's old expiry date was July 24.

Royal as well as some other cruiselines had voluntarily extended their no sail date beyond the July 24 date that the CDC had set.  What Royal or other cruiselines had set as a tentative start up date had no bearing on the new CDC order

Some folks only watch HLN.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Actually, if you read the newest order, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has had their NSO response plan approved, so barring state and local requirements (Florida and Bahamas), they could restart cruising today, and I suspect the Aug 28 date may hold.

While they may have an OK from the CDC, for some reason they seem to have already chosen to stick with the current CDC NSO date of 9/30 - they don't have anything available for booking before 10/1. The one thing that did change was they planned to return with just one ship - now, they have both ships available for booking starting in October.

Edited by Biker19

4 hours ago, zekekelso said:

One takeaway, it’s possible to submit a plan that gets approved, but RCL has not done so. I wonder why?

$$$  RCI has submitted plans, but with less costly options that don't fully meet the CDC requirements, so the plan has been returned for revision.  I think all the lines were simply negotiating until the virus was under control, and the requirements would be lessened, but this hasn't happened, and won't for a while.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

While they may have an OK from the CDC, for some reason they seem to have already chosen to stick with the current CDC NSO date of 9/30 - they don't have anything available for booking before 10/1. The one thing that did change was they planned to return with just one ship - now, they have both ships available for booking starting in October.

Maybe following the playbook of other lines. Get those deposit or full payment  funds and then give FCCs?