Will Florida cruises start back up in October?

16 hours ago, zekekelso said:

You can find a picture of just about anything on the internet:

image.jpeg.9069e0608a93855842d29e3602ec0090.jpeg

LOL!!  Good job finding this!  Hilarious!  Guess it's true you CAN take it with you!!  😄 😄  

Or...gulp...is that their camper they are "living" in...Vampires?  😵

image.jpeg.7d5ecd0fd7a370ad53c53ed2bf6fe812.jpeg

Edited by island lady

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Unfortunately my Magic 8 Ball says, "don't count on it" for cruises in October out of Florida. 😢 🎱 Bummer!!

Yeah, I have serious doubt about our remaining 2020 cruises, Harmony 11/29 and 12/6.  

Cancelled Allure 10/18, 10/25 (President's cruise) and 11/1 TA out of Barcelona 3 days before final on the 18th.  

Not interested in giving RCI yet another no interest loan for cruises I don't think will happen.  😮 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Not interested in giving RCI yet another no interest loan for cruises I don't think will happen.  😮 

Wait I thought it was an investment? $1.25 for every dollar spent. Better return than my 401(k). 😉

39 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Wait I thought it was an investment? $1.25 for every dollar spent. Better return than my 401(k). 😉

Are you talking about the "125% FCC"?   I tried one of those just once...the first cancellation.  It came in slower than the cash refunds, and with RCI's "fuzzy math" came in at 113%...nor 125%.   😕

Now...assuming I can actually use that 113% towards another future cruise (I have plenty to choose from booked a year ago for 2021 season)...at least I will indeed get 113% on my investment.  

Another consideration...will we ever actually be ABLE to actually cruise again to use that "113% future investment"??  😮 

All things considered...all refund requests going from that point...were cash refunds.  😉 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Are you talking about the "125% FCC"?   I tried one of those just once...the first cancellation.  It came in slower than the cash refunds, and with RCI's "fuzzy math" came in at 113%...nor 125%.   😕

Now...assuming I can actually use that 113% towards another future cruise (I have plenty to choose from booked a year ago for 2021 season)...at least I will indeed get 113% on my investment.  

Another consideration...will we ever actually be ABLE to actually cruise again to use that "113% future investment"??  😮 

All things considered...all refund requests going from that point...were cash refunds.  😉 

I agree. When all of this hit the fan we decided it was in our best interest to take the cash refunds for our cancelled 2020 cruises.  We've got 3 cruises booked for 2021. I'll take cash refunds for those also if those cruises are a no go. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree. When all of this hit the fan we decided it was in our best interest to take the cash refunds for our cancelled 2020 cruises.  We've got 3 cruises booked for 2021. I'll take cash refunds for those also if those cruises are a no go. 

Great minds think alike my friend...cheers!  🍷🤗

• Like 1

Personally at this point in time, I would not plan to visit the state of Florida in October and certainly would not plan to cruise.  I know things can change, but for now, it does not look promising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:45 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I am the shopper for 3 households due to covid and parents and in laws staying in.  I look for lysol or any disinfectant spray wherever I go.  I have always used lysol as  regular part of my cleaning and other than insane prices online no stores here in bucks county pa or at shore house in LBI NJ have had it.   Crazy!  Guess I should have bought stock in cleaning products!!  They must be booming.

Target I am able to get everyday if I am there before 8 am. Even had some left at 10am the other day 😱

9 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

My dd is about to start at UCF and is moving into dorms. I know they are cleaning but she wants enough to clean it down when she moves in. 😉

In the beginning, I was buying a 4 pack of Lysol Disinfectant Spray for around $40 plus like $8 shipping on EBay. Maybe prices are lower now. 

M8

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I have serious doubt about our remaining 2020 cruises, Harmony 11/29 and 12/6.  

Cancelled Allure 10/18, 10/25 (President's cruise) and 11/1 TA out of Barcelona 3 days before final on the 18th.  

I don't blame you. You have gone above and beyond your call of duty as an interest free lender. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, island lady said:

If you were in a GS for the Med cruises, how did you get a cash refund for cancelling them on your own?  :classic_wink:

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have nothing to lose. I always book refundable and would never take an FCC in lieu of a cash refund.

It will be fine, eventually. And if not, then we'll find other pastimes. In any event, my original comment about the investment was tongue-in-cheek.

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dplusd said:

Personally at this point in time, I would not plan to visit the state of Florida in October and certainly would not plan to cruise.  I know things can change, but for now, it does not look promising.

Different perspectives are certainly interesting.  I live in Fl, and am scheduled to attend my niece's wedding in Cincinnati in August.  I wish I could be in the 'I would not plan to visit the state of Ohio in August' group.