Shore excursion sales?

Highpeaklad

In the good old days ie. last year there used to be sales of shore excursions every few weeks. I used to keep a close eye on my booking but haven’t bothered for a few months so don’t know the current state of play. 

Have there been any recently?

Chris

28 minutes ago, Highpeaklad said:

In the good old days ie. last year there used to be sales of shore excursions every few weeks. I used to keep a close eye on my booking but haven’t bothered for a few months so don’t know the current state of play. 

Chris

Shore excursion sales are usually offered for cruises that will sail relatively soon. You won't see any until cruising restarts.

Edited by Fouremco

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

No cruise planner sale since Cyber Monday (30%),  My cruise planner shows excursions in all my cruises for July 2021 and March 2022

There were a few sales with 5-30% discounts back in April and May - but ironically only for cruises departing up until September 2020... So yeah, if we're talking about sales for actual sailings, I think we're back in November 2019.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, Highpeaklad said:

Chris

Today starts the SALE

BOOKING WINDOW: July 22 – Dec 31, 2020, SAILING RANGE: September 25, 2020 – June 20, 2021

CEL_July_PCP_Evergreen_Sale.pdf

Edited by gerelmx
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Today starts the SALE

BOOKING WINDOW: July 22 – Dec 31, 2020, SAILING RANGE: September 25, 2020 – June 20, 2021

CEL_July_PCP_Evergreen_Sale.pdf 2.19 MB · 15 downloads

Thanks for the heads up ! But still despair of X's proof reading, I thought all cruises were cancelled up to 30 September 2020?

26 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Thanks for the heads up ! But still despair of X's proof reading, I thought all cruises were cancelled up to 30 September 2020?

What proof reading? Which is it Celebrity?

SAILING RANGE: September 25, 2020 – June 20, 2021

or

Offer applies to select products and sailings departing from October 5, 2020 – June 20, 2021, excluding chartered sailings.

So, I just checked our upcoming cruises...two aren't until July, so of course, nothing on sale there...

BUT, the other two are in April on Millennium...and not a single shore excursion is showing as being on sale on either cruise!

We're holding off adding many extras to our 2 booked cruises...one may never happen ( Connie Jan 2021) and APEX 2022 is out of the date range.  Only one that would be a MUST is the Art and Design tour on APEX, if offered.

The more  you add......more to cancel if things change or fall through! 

8 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Today starts the SALE

CEL_July_PCP_Evergreen_Sale.pdf 2.19 MB · 41 downloads

THANKS for the info! I hadn't seen this promotion, and hadn't checked Cruise Planner lately. I managed to save just around 100$ total for our April 2021 Apex sailing - hopefully we will actually be sailing!

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on this. It seems the full beverage packages are on offer for my cruise but not the upgrade one, anyone got that on offer? Mainly asking as I had the perk added today so not sure if its not showing the sale price correctly as a result

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We're holding off adding many extras to our 2 booked cruises...one may never happen ( Connie Jan 2021) and APEX 2022 is out of the date range.  Only one that would be a MUST is the Art and Design tour on APEX, if offered.

The more  you add......more to cancel if things change or fall through! 

I have no problem booking shorexes...at least up to the amount of my OBC.

We had quite a bit of it ($1300) on our July 2020 back-to-back cruises.  We had spent it all on shorexes--going over a little bit, which we had charged to our credit card.  When the cruise got cancelled, Celebrity automatically cancelled all of our shorexes--nothing for us to do--and restored our OBC on our new 2021 cruises to which we did the lift-and-shift thing.  The remainder--that I had paid beyond that--was sent as a credit directly to my credit card in fairly short time.

The only items that were really any work for me to cancel were those things I had purchased NOT through Celebrity--private port tours, pre-cruise hotels and car rentals, etc.

For the new July 2021 cruises, I will purchase shorexes--to the approximate extent of my OBC--as soon as I see those being discounted by Celebrity.  Since the OBC is really just "on paper", I lose nothing by spending it...If the cruise gets cancelled, it goes away (as do my shorex reservations)...If I lift-and-shift again, it just gets credited back to OBC and  transferred to my new booking...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, roked said:

Thanks for the heads up on this. It seems the full beverage packages are on offer for my cruise but not the upgrade one, anyone got that on offer? Mainly asking as I had the perk added today so not sure if its not showing the sale price correctly as a result

I called the Captains Club to ask about the Beverage Package Upgrade and she checked on it and told me it was not part of the sale at this time if you received the Classic Package as a perk. The discount is only available if you are purchasing one of the packages. If you purchased one of the packages you can cancel it and repurchase it at the sale price. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

I called the Captains Club to ask about the Beverage Package Upgrade and she checked on it and told me it was not part of the sale at this time if you received the Classic Package as a perk. The discount is only available if you are purchasing one of the packages. If you purchased one of the packages you can cancel it and repurchase it at the sale price. 

Thanks for checking in to this, I was hoping it was just a glitch but will wait.

20 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

So, I just checked our upcoming cruises...two aren't until July, so of course, nothing on sale there...

BUT, the other two are in April on Millennium...and not a single shore excursion is showing as being on sale on either cruise!

16 hours ago, peanut head said:

I just checked and not one of the excursions for the Apex TA May 2021 has a sale price.😩

Not sure if it is the same for you as me, I thought there was nothing for sale on mine, as nothing was indicated on the tours saying that. However it turns out the majority (maybe all, only done some spot checks and they had it) of the excursions on the cruise have a 20% discount. The way to check is look up your brochure here https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/ and compare the price in your planner versus what is in the brochure.

Edited by roked

14 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

I have no problem booking shorexes...at least up to the amount of my OBC.

We had quite a bit of it ($1300) on our July 2020 back-to-back cruises.  We had spent it all on shorexes--going over a little bit, which we had charged to our credit card.  When the cruise got cancelled, Celebrity automatically cancelled all of our shorexes--nothing for us to do--and restored our OBC on our new 2021 cruises to which we did the lift-and-shift thing.  The remainder--that I had paid beyond that--was sent as a credit directly to my credit card in fairly short time.

The only items that were really any work for me to cancel were those things I had purchased NOT through Celebrity--private port tours, pre-cruise hotels and car rentals, etc.

For the new July 2021 cruises, I will purchase shorexes--to the approximate extent of my OBC--as soon as I see those being discounted by Celebrity.  Since the OBC is really just "on paper", I lose nothing by spending it...If the cruise gets cancelled, it goes away (as do my shorex reservations)...If I lift-and-shift again, it just gets credited back to OBC and  transferred to my new booking...

I agree - it hasn't really been a problem. There was a slight glitch where some I had paid for and cancelled on my own that got stuck and had to be manually pushed through - but that was an easy process. If Celebrity cancels and you still have them, they cancel them for you - even if you did pay out of pocket.

2 hours ago, roked said:

Not sure if it is the same for you as me, I thought there was nothing for sale on mine, as nothing was indicated on the tours saying that. However it turns out the majority (maybe all, only done some spot checks and they had it) of the excursions on the cruise have a 20% discount. The way to check is look up your brochure here https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/ and compare the price in your planner versus what is in the brochure.

I  just checked my April 25 cruise against the brochure via the link...

Both show no tours available for Tokyo or Hakodate, only two in Sapporo, 8 in Petropavlosvsk and three at disembarkation in Vancouver.

EVERY price is identical in both the brochure and via the website.  None indicate a discount.

Same situation with the April 11 cruise--No differences between the two...no discounts.

47 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Both show no tours available for Tokyo or Hakodate, only two in Sapporo, 8 in Petropavlosvsk and three at disembarkation in Vancouver.

EVERY price is identical in both the brochure and via the website.  None indicate a discount.

Same situation with the April 11 cruise--No differences between the two...no discounts.

To know if your excursions are discounted, previously you should check the prices and compare them with the current ones. There is no indication that they have a discount and the price of the brochure is the same as the cruise planner.

14 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

To know if your excursions are discounted, previously you should check the prices and compare them with the current ones. There is no indication that they have a discount and the price of the brochure is the same as the cruise planner.

I've booked a lot of cruises over the years with Celebrity...and a lot of shore excursions.  The prices on shorexes, especially of late, have fluctuated over time--often nothing to do with any sales or promotions--it's just that they often raise prices over time--and, occasionally, decrease prices.  BUT, when they run one of these sales, they have always clearly indicated so on their website.  Either it will show the discounted price in a different color...or have a box that says "Price reflects your discount" or both.  When running a "sale", they have no incentive to hide it.  They want you to feel the urgency to "buy now"...and nothing does that better than the indication that this special pricing may go away.  Typically, also, if the price differs on the website from what is in a brochure, it's more a question of an error--or the failure of someone to update the longstanding brochure with actual current pricing.

Edited by Bruin Steve

4 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

It does say "select sailings" in the information. Not every sailing. (And not even every excursion on the included sailings.)

4 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

I've booked a lot of cruises over the years with Celebrity...and a lot of shore excursions.  The prices on shorexes, especially of late, have fluctuated over time--often nothing to do with any sales or promotions--it's just that they often raise prices over time--and, occasionally, decrease prices.  BUT, when they run one of these sales, they have always clearly indicated so on their website.  Either it will show the discounted price in a different color...or have a box that says "Price reflects your discount" or both.  When running a "sale", they have no incentive to hide it.  They want you to feel the urgency to "buy now"...and nothing does that better than the indication that this special pricing may go away.  Typically, also, if the price differs on the website from what is in a brochure, it's more a question of an error--or the failure of someone to update the longstanding brochure with actual current pricing.

Just an FYI. Celebrity doesn’t always indicate what is on sale even when they are having one. When I bring up my Cruise Planner on my phone, all of the Sale Items are clearly indicated. When I bring up my Cruise Planner on my desktop NONE of the items show up as being on sale even though they are priced with the correct sale price.

You are correct there is no reason not to highlight that an item is on sale. It’s simply not always the case. This is for our January 17, 2021 Equinox Cruise. As always YMMV. 

7 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Try this trick, should still work (bottom part of the post):

It may be a problem if no Royal Caribbean ships dock at these ports, which seems to be the case for this cruise (the "hack" does work for most European and Americas ports, though).

But in general, if an excursion doesn't have a .00 price, it is discounted. The two excursions in Sapporo both have prices ending with .75, indicating that they are most likely discounted at some percentage.

One thing I've learned to do is keep a list of the excursions I've booked and at what price - I have a list-creation app and make a list for each cruise. Then when a sale goes on I can check and see what the price is and cancel/rebook if necessary. Saves me the step of going to order history to see what I'd "paid" with OBC.

You can check if your sailing is eligible in this Excel document (link taken directly from the flyer posted earlier in this thread): http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_July_2020_CRF_FINAL.xlsx.zip

It would indeed appear that transoceanic and other repositioning cruises are not included in this promotion.