Qsine on Celebrity Infinity

pberk

Thanks for the memory refresh

BUT

looks like the same menu selection from over 2 years ago.  I guess I could still be happy, knowing my preferred choices from experience.

HAPPY CRUISING (whenever that is 😟)

Edited by greydog
Nuff' said

2 hours ago, George C said:

I do not think that restaurant is currently on infinity, we were on in February 

I failed to mention, the video was from summer 2012 on Infinity up in Alaska.  Great times for us. Will they ever come again?  

2 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

Thanks for the walk down memory lane... I keep hoping they bring it back. And Bistro On 5...

Ah .. yes .. the Bistro on 5 for $5.  And then at some point I think it was the Bistro on 5 for $10 .. ?  We loved it on Infinity and Millennium.   But can you imagine them letting you make your own crepe these days?  Shot on Millennium Summer 2014. 

Thanks so much. Best meals I have ever had on cruise ships were in Qsine or the original United States restaurant on Infinity. Miss them both a bunch. 

Have never tried the Petit Chef. It looks like a gimmick and the menu has no inspiration. Qsine was about the FOOD! Not some show. I understand having to refresh their offerings but these board a full of long-time X cruisers who loved Qsine and Bistro on 5 but they just ignore us. After 22 X cruises, we are done with them (other than a Flora cruise we had scheduled for next month, now July 2021) and moving on. They are not the cruise line we started sailing on in 2004. So sad.

Jim

2 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Thanks so much. Best meals I have ever had on cruise ships were in Qsine or the original United States restaurant on Infinity. Miss them both a bunch. 

Have never tried the Petit Chef. It looks like a gimmick and the menu has no inspiration. Qsine was about the FOOD! Not some show. I understand having to refresh their offerings but these board a full of long-time X cruisers who loved Qsine and Bistro on 5 but they just ignore us. After 22 X cruises, we are done with them (other than a Flora cruise we had scheduled for next month, now July 2021) and moving on. They are not the cruise line we started sailing on in 2004. So sad.

Jim

It is sad.  I also loved Qsine for the food.  Petit Chef has a very limited menu, and being lactose intolerant too much is off limits for me to warrant paying the high price.  Celebrity has certainly changed very much over the last 20 years - some for the better but much unfortunately not.  I would love to try another line but I can't handle smaller ships due to motion sickness issues and I don't know of any other mainstream line that compares.  

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

It is sad.  I also loved Qsine for the food.  Petit Chef has a very limited menu, and being lactose intolerant too much is off limits for me to warrant paying the high price.  Celebrity has certainly changed very much over the last 20 years - some for the better but much unfortunately not.  I would love to try another line but I can't handle smaller ships due to motion sickness issues and I don't know of any other mainstream line that compares.  

We are moving to Viking Ocean. Ships are around 1,000. Another option for you might be Holland America. We have been on five cruises with them and enjoyed them all. A little less expensive and their ships are all about the size of the M or the old C class. 

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Petit Chef has a very limited menu, and being lactose intolerant too much is off limits for me to warrant paying the high price.  

My travel agent (who happens to be a neighbor just down the street) works for a large virtual travel agency.  She participates in a weekly conference call with Celebrity in Miami.  She says she doesn't like Le Petit Chef (she and her clients loved Qsine) and it is getting a lot of complaints.  It is like a one trick pony, once and done.  Celebrity is hearing the complaints and she hopes they make some changes but has heard nothing so far.  On the other hand she likes Sushi on 5 (or whatever it's called) but my wife doesn't care for it and it is not terribly successful compared to the other restaurants.  Notice Celebrity is now adding an Indian cuisine night a couple of times a week to boost attendance at Sushi on 5.

Edited by El Crucero

We found the food at the original Le Petit Chef excellent but disliked the structured dining experience.  The Le Petit Chef and Friends food was mediocre at best.  We liked Qsine with a group but as a couple it wasn’t something we found enjoyable.  The removal of Ocean Liners was IMHO a huge mistake.

7 hours ago, El Crucero said:

On the other hand she likes Sushi on 5 (or whatever it's called) but my wife doesn't care for it and it is not terribly successful compared to the other restaurants. 

We love Sushi on 5, but it's always empty.  Don't know why, the food and service are excellent.  

We have no real desire to try Le Petit Chef.  It's a gimmick, and the menu is limited and not of interest to us.  We were on the "revolutionized" Summit last September, not long before Qsine was turned into LPC, and were glad to have been able to have a last meal at Qsine (although the service that night was awful, which had never been the case before). 

We really enjoyed Qsine- So many choices!  It was fun to dine.  Very creative presentation of the food also.  We also enjoy Le Petit Chef- also very clever- however fewer choices.  They usually offer a fixed menu, but you can change if you do not like it.  

Boy do I miss cruising.  We aren't fans of Sushi on five, and miss Bistro on Five.  If you do not like sushi- don't waste your time.

• Like 1

We very much enjoy Sushi on 5...and my husband doesn't much care for fish. There is so much choice besides sushi! And we have seen in the past few cruises discounts at lunch and dinner for various amounts. Also the drinks are very interesting. 

13 hours ago, El Crucero said:

My travel agent (who happens to be a neighbor just down the street) works for a large virtual travel agency.  She participates in a weekly conference call with Celebrity in Miami.  She says she doesn't like Le Petit Chef (she and her clients loved Qsine) and it is getting a lot of complaints.  It is like a one trick pony, once and done.  Celebrity is hearing the complaints and she hopes they make some changes but has heard nothing so far.  On the other hand she likes Sushi on 5 (or whatever it's called) but my wife doesn't care for it and it is not terribly successful compared to the other restaurants.  Notice Celebrity is now adding an Indian cuisine night a couple of times a week to boost attendance at Sushi on 5.

We were never fans of Qsine, a one and done for us. We loved Sushi on 5 and intend going back there on our next cruise. It was quite when we were there but we were told it’s very popular with younger cruisers and staff. I think they should change the name as I believe many people think they only serve Sushi when in fact they have many cooked options. The drinks including different Sake are also great fun.

Edited by yorky

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We really enjoyed Qsine- So many choices!  It was fun to dine.  Very creative presentation of the food also.  We also enjoy Le Petit Chef- also very clever- however fewer choices.  They usually offer a fixed menu, but you can change if you do not like it.  

Boy do I miss cruising.  We aren't fans of Sushi on five, and miss Bistro on Five.  If you do not like sushi- don't waste your time.

Sorry don’t agree with that, we are not Sushi fans but there are many cooked options including fresh made pork and prawn dumplings.

13 minutes ago, yorky said:

but we were told it’s very popular with younger cruisers and staff. 

I agree, I see more staff officers eating there than anyone else.  That's the problem, staff officers are non-revenue.

54 minutes ago, yorky said:

Sorry don’t agree with that, we are not Sushi fans but there are many cooked options including fresh made pork and prawn dumplings.

Unfortunately my DH eats like a child.  He will not eat any fish or pork.  However I enjoy both. At bistro he got a steak sandwich called a cowboy

1 hour ago, 39august said:

We very much enjoy Sushi on 5...and my husband doesn't much care for fish. There is so much choice besides sushi! And we have seen in the past few cruises discounts at lunch and dinner for various amounts. Also the drinks are very interesting. 

We also enjoyed Sushi on 5, it was a great option for lunch , we would do that the days Luminae were closed for lunch, it offered a few non sushi options.

Speaking of restaurants I do not think you can compare suite restaurant on rccl costal kitchen with Luminae which as good as most specialty restaurants on either line. I do like the variety of specialty restaurants on larger ships like the oasis.