CDC Wants Your Input.

18 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I thought we could answer the questions.   This appears just to add comments.  (unless I'm missing something?)

baf

12 hours ago, Tippyton said:

There are only 22 comments on the CDC page.  Need to push this and make it a sticky?

Folks, you don't need to be experts or answer any specific questions unless you want to.  You can just offer your opinion (We are good at that).  You can also use "Anonymous" as your name.  Tell them how important cruising is to you, what great memories you have, your confidence in crew, your enthusiasm to rebook cancelled  cruises.    

• Like 1

The Federal Register announcement lists specific questions on which the CDC is requesting KNOWLEDGEABLE  input .

Comments that just offer opinions with no specific  credible suggestions  will be lumped under a response in the official analysis of the comments that will be the first comment in the preamble that will basically state in some form: "XXXX number  of responses were received that were general comments with no viable input and therefore, will have no response in this document."

So go ahead, waste the agency's time with comments that have nothing to do with the specific questions asked. 

• Like 2

This is the  actual document of the questions!!     You need to mail your answers or send them through their portal.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/07/21/2020-15812/request-for-information-related-to-cruise-ship-planning-and-infrastructure-resumption-of-passenger

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

The Federal Register announcement lists specific questions on which the CDC is requesting KNOWLEDGEABLE  input .

Comments that just offer opinions with no specific  credible suggestions  will be lumped under a response in the official analysis of the comments that will be the first comment in the preamble that will basically state in some form: "XXXX number  of responses were received that were general comments with no viable input and therefore, will have no response in this document."

So go ahead, waste the agency's time with comments that have nothing to do with the specific questions asked. 

Having MUCH experience with public comments in government programs, positive responses count.   Simply saying you accept responsibility of risk while cruising helps 

Thanks for posting this and thanks for the direct links to the questions. I'm going to print this out so I can read and prepare my answers to all the questions. This is good stuff. 

Come on CC'ers lets make sure our voices are heard. Good, bad or indifferent. 

Edited by cynt

Howdy all!  emo22.gif 

For some helpful hints from your fellow cruise Critic members on composing responses to the CDC, see the following thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum:

Happy sails ...someday,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

18 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Having MUCH experience with public comments in government programs, positive responses count.   Simply saying you accept responsibility of risk while cruising helps 

Same here as far as looking at comments, placing into general categories (such as accepting responsibility of risk), writing the reposes for the preamble for any draft proposal, writing the draft, reviewing comments on the draft (preamble), rewriting the proposal incorporating changes, (will skip  the next several rewriting of draft and going to final document), final document with preamble explaining final changes, writing the announcement with the conforming amendments for other regulations impacted by the new document.

I was trying to point out comments on favorite memories, enthusiasm to book , etc.; is wasting everyone time. 

23 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I imagine the armchair quarterbacks will make up the bulk of the input, rather than actual questions. It would be fun if, when this is all over, the funniest comments were somehow released and posted someplace.

The comments are supposed to be posted on the website.  You can post as "Anonymous" if you don't want to be identified.