Celebrity Suspensions Extended (Merged Discussions)

WNcruiser

6 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

That does not show availability. Click October then click apply. There will only be 3 short Australia cruises on Solstice. ALL other cruises have been removed. 

Yea I know that, but yesterday I couldn’t even get those 3. Today I have the Oct/nov and dec ones.

im assuming some works are ongoing through the website and I’ll just wait a few days till it all settles down a they issue a statement 

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I just got off the phone with my TA and she said that her parent company is already telling their agents that X cruises are cancelled through October except for 3 leaving from Australia.  She suspects X will make a full pubic announcement tomorrow.

I guess the Australian cruises are just for those from there because this is on the Australia tourism web site:

International travel to Australia   

• At the current time, only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members are permitted to travel to Australia. 
  • New Zealand citizens who live in Australia as Australian residents are also permitted to travel to Australia, as are New Zealanders transiting to New Zealand. 
  • All travellers arriving in Australia are now required to self-isolate in a designated facility (such as a hotel) for 14 days in their port of arrival.

https://www.australia.com/en-ca/travel-alerts/coronavirus.html

14 minutes ago, pumpkin 11 said:

Maybe they didn’t take precautions properly. How do you know? 

They are one of first cruises sailing in Europe and are supposed to be following the latest safety protocols . 
That said I don’t  know,  however if they wanted to keep sailing you  would think try be extra careful and wouldn’t want to shut down future cruises on the very first attempt . 

Edited by mikejt26
Spelling error

For that matter here's the New Zealand restriction

The Government has announced temporary restrictions on travellers arriving in New Zealand as a precautionary measure to protect against the spread of COVID-19.

The restrictions prevent foreign nationals travelling from any country from entering New Zealand. See Border controls for more information.

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-information-specific-audiences/covid-19-advice-travellers#arrivals

On 8/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, C-Dragons said:

Just because sailings have been removed from their website it doesn’t necessarily mean that X has cancelled them. They are probably assessing load factors, since when/if the ships sail again, they will only be able to do so with a greatly reduced percentage of passengers. 

Waiting, impatiently, for their next move.

I think for North America especially, I doubt we will be able to see any cruises from RCL or X before Q1 2021 earliest as things are moving currently.

6 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I think for North America especially, I doubt we will be able to see any cruises from RCL or X before Q1 2021 earliest as things are moving currently.

Unfortunately I agree,  but seeing how Celebrity has several cruises still showing for Nov and Dec it looks like it will just be another one month extension. 

Frustrating when other lines have cancelled up to December weeks ago. 

Hoping for an Announcement today.

I had a message from celebrity via facebook that furthers details would be released today, but my question was just about why the website was no longer showing 2020 cruises. 

So my further details could just be a generic answer to that, but going with what other TAs have said I think today we might hear what’s going on for the Europe stuff

Just received this email for my japan October 25th cruise 

CustomerServiceUK@celebritycruises.com wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email. 

I can confirm that your sailing is no longer on sale as this sailing has now been suspended. This sailing will no longer show on our website or our Celebrity Cruises App. 

I Hope this helps. 

19 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I just got off the phone with my TA and she said that her parent company is already telling their agents that X cruises are cancelled through October except for 3 leaving from Australia.  She suspects X will make a full pubic announcement tomorrow.

Pretty stupid if so. There's no likelihood of them operating for Australians either, such that all the competitors have also sensibly cancelled their cruises here.

Continuing to offer them here is just taking people's money without expectation of delivering.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mikejt26 said:

Just received this email for my japan October 25th cruise 

CustomerServiceUK@celebritycruises.com wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email. 

I can confirm that your sailing is no longer on sale as this sailing has now been suspended. This sailing will no longer show on our website or our Celebrity Cruises App. 

I Hope this helps. 

Not on the celebrity website yet, but that might be 'cause if the time difference.

As we are on the same cruise, this means that we finally can start with planning another trip. Will probably be in Europe and if figures don't get any better, just in Belgium...

4 minutes ago, pethi said:

Not on the celebrity website yet, but that might be 'cause if the time difference.

As we are on the same cruise, this means that we finally can start with planning another trip. Will probably be in Europe and if figures don't get any better, just in Belgium...

Was this a cruise from US or Uk?

i reckon about 3pm uk time we will know.

I want to plan an alternative too!!

I just got a email saying some had been cancelled this year and the Annoncement will be in few days.

So basically what we already know from other people on this thread!

ill just go back to waiting, final payment not sure till end of next week so will know more then x

8 minutes ago, Debbiem83 said:

I just got a email saying some had been cancelled this year and the Annoncement will be in few days.

So basically what we already know from other people on this thread!

ill just go back to waiting, final payment not sure till end of next week so will know more then x

Hope they'll let us know soon...

The travel agent list of sailings has been released on Celebrity's TA-oriented website, but still nothing on their public, official website. Dark purple sailings are the new cancelled sailings.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Phase7_RCL_Suspension_Cruising.pdf

All transoceanic/repositioning cruises in October and in November (Infinity and Silhouette) have also been cancelled.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Hope there is some information about what Apex will be doing. Sailing to US empty? Staying in Europe? 

I made a comment on this earlier in this thread, comment #42 (NOT based on any released schedules/facts, solely my personal thoughts):

In short, my thoughts are: It'll either do the transatlantic without passengers (or perhaps in November, thereby cancelling some of the November Caribbean sailings), or stay in the wharf and launch directly into the 2021 Summer Mediterranean sailings.

Edited by mikkelhansen

Its not like they are gone completely, they are just taken away for some time until it will be clear whether they can or cannot cruise in the third and fourth quarter. I wouldn't react so highly on such news. I mean its not like we can do anything about it really 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Its not like they are gone completely, they are just taken away for some time until it will be clear whether they can or cannot cruise in the third and fourth quarter. I wouldn't react so highly on such news. I mean its not like we can do anything about it really 

The title in the link above says:

CELEBRITY CRUISES SUSPENSION OF CRUISING

That means the cruises listed for the time periods specified are cancelled.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

I had a B2B in late October with 2 different travel agents. Final payment was due in July. 
I didn’t cancel because I wanted a refund not a FCC. Neither agent processed the final payment. Does this mean Celebrity knows it’s going to cancel?

If it is October sailing it probably is cancelled.  Did you check the link in post #67 which included the sailings that will officially cancelled today. 

5 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

I made a comment on this earlier in this thread, comment #42 (NOT based on any released schedules/facts, solely my personal thoughts):

In short, my thoughts are: It'll either do the transatlantic without passengers (or perhaps in November, thereby cancelling some of the November Caribbean sailings), or stay in the wharf and launch directly into the 2021 Summer Mediterranean sailings.

I suspect X and RCL will not start sailings from North America before some point in Q1 2021, hence the capacity is not needed. Would likely be economicallly the best to keep Appex in Europe at the Shipyard and only start using her for European Summer season 2021.