March 2021 Millennium to Japan

clojacks

We had this booked until recently, when  we changed it to the 2022 sailing on the Solstice. A couple of days after you changed, it had disappeared from our TA site, and Celebrity is ONLY showing Retreat's available with all other categories sold out. Anyone else find this unlikely and maybe have some insight? 

The fall transpacific sailings for both the Millenium and Eclipse were cancelled about 6-7 weeks ago so neither ship has headed to Tokyo.  This  week the sailings for October on both ships were cancelled.  So at this point both the Eclipse an Millie are not in Asia and it is doubtful if they will go over for this season.  The blocking of bookings may be to limit capacity should they send the  1 or both ships to Asia later this year but have to sail at reduced capacity.  

We are booked on the Eclipse for April and don't expect that will occur.

It was mentioned in another thread that during Wednesdays cruise line panel a Celebrity rep stated they were not sending any ships to Asia in 2021. 

I can't confirm that information but it would make sense with both ships Transpacific crossings cancelled. 

Edited by WNcruiser

Anyone know where the Millie and Eclipse are now? We're booked on a B2B2B on the Millie in April/May 2021 to go around Japan, then on a TP to Vancouver followed by a 5 day Alaska cruise. Knowing where they are now might give a clue as to their availability, especially if it's mooring somewhere in SE Asia. We're still hoping the vaccine will be in wide use by then, but only time will tell. 

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Anyone know where the Millie and Eclipse are now? We're booked on a B2B2B on the Millie in April/May 2021 to go around Japan, then on a TP to Vancouver followed by a 5 day Alaska cruise. Knowing where they are now might give a clue as to their availability, especially if it's mooring somewhere in SE Asia. We're still hoping the vaccine will be in wide use by then, but only time will tell. 

They are in San Diego

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

It was mentioned in another thread that during Wednesdays cruise line panel a Celebrity rep stated they were not sending any ships to Asia in 2021. 

IF this is the case (I’ve read this on another thread as well) that no Celebrity Ships will be sent to Asia in 2021, then the responsible and ethical thing to do would be for Celebrity to cancel all of those reservations and not have those with deposits OR those with upcoming final payments, enter the guessing game (will my cruise happen?).

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1

We had been scheduled for the Eclipse September 25th TP from Vancouver to Yokohama as the first leg of a B2B.  We received our notice that the TP was cancelled on June 2nd.  

We are also scheduled on the Millennium April 11, 2021 Japan cruise followed by the April 25th TP.  Since I am an optimistic person I haven't lost hope yet that those cruises will sail, but realistically I know that they likely won't happen.

6 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We had been scheduled for the Eclipse September 25th TP from Vancouver to Yokohama as the first leg of a B2B.  We received our notice that the TP was cancelled on June 2nd.  

We are also scheduled on the Millennium April 11, 2021 Japan cruise followed by the April 25th TP.  Since I am an optimistic person I haven't lost hope yet that those cruises will sail, but realistically I know that they likely won't happen.

We were booked on the 9/25 Eclipse as well and the 2 October sailings thst were finally cancelled this week.  We cancelled those 2cruises shortly after they announced the TP was cancelled.  
We are booked on the Eclipse for 4/4/21 and the 4/18 TP.   We haven’t booked air, hotels  & only 2 tours.  Until the Eclipse heads to Asia I’m not Investing time and $ again.  

4 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I can't confirm that information but it would make sense with both ships Transpacific crossings cancelled. 

September 2021 is a long way off. You are stating that Celebrity will not have such cruises as the 10th Sept 2021 Vanc - Tokyo TP, which they are still selling. I hope you are not correct

1 hour ago, pmarrsouth said:

September 2021 is a long way off. You are stating that Celebrity will not have such cruises as the 10th Sept 2021 Vanc - Tokyo TP, which they are still selling. I hope you are not correct

My interpretation of the post was that the ships would not go for the 20/21 season (sept 2020-April 2021).  I didn’t get the impression that the 21/22 season was off.  That’s a long way off. Hopefully by then cruising will be back to near normal. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

IF this is the case (I’ve read this on another thread as well) that no Celebrity Ships will be sent to Asia in 2021, then the responsible and ethical thing to do would be for Celebrity to cancel all of those reservations and not have those with deposits OR those with upcoming final payments, enter the guessing game (will my cruise happen?).

Totally agree. I had no idea that this was in the works a couple of weeks ago when, on our own, we decided to delay or Best of Japan back another year, to 2022. As it is, there were actually some very reasonable prices, and lots of desirable cabins available when we decided to cancel and rebook. We actually came out better doing that, than if we had L&S’ed. We were easily in a time frame, that ones more adventurous than us, might have started making plans that Celebrity appears to know would have been a waste of time.

Our April cruise on Millie is sold out except for the Retreat. I hope the rumors are not true. Asked my TA and she said it's still a go and hasn't heard anything about it being cancelled. Already bought the airfare for this trip. At 500 bucks non stop roundtrip from LAX we're still going to Japan even if the cruise is cancelled unless Japan is not allowing tourists from the US. Next April is still far away.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dolllover said:

Our April cruise on Millie is sold out except for the Retreat. I hope the rumors are not true. Asked my TA and she said it's still a go and hasn't heard anything about it being cancelled. Already bought the airfare for this trip. At 500 bucks non stop roundtrip from LAX we're still going to Japan even if the cruise is cancelled unless Japan is not allowing tourists from the US. Next April is still far away.

Virtually all cruises in Asia in Millennium are "sold out" except for suites. The chances of that are literally zero.  On our sailing, numerous people have either L&S or outright cancelled and no cabins go back into inventory.

And I don't think you will see a Celebrity ship in Asia in 2021.

So we have a bit of a time frame situation here. I think you will see a Celebrity ship in Asia in 2021 but it will be in the fall. Last I heard Millenium and Eclipse are both in San Diego. I doubt they will do the TP for the "Asian" season. They still have our January 2021 New Zealand cruise but we suspect that will not happen. I do think the 2021 Alaska season will happen and the resulting repositioning to Alaska in the fall of 2021. I have no special knowledge or insight that just my opinion.

• Like 1