Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

4 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

Many comments about small size of the pool, and now the buffet. One need to understand that this is a new concept for a ship of that size.  Pool:  Yes the top deck pool is small but they made the choice to split between the top deck, the 2 infinity pools on theck 8 plus the infinity pool in the Haven.  In total, the pool space is probably larger than what you have on the other mega ships.  Just configured in 4 locations instead of one.

Same logic for the buffet.  They have created this Indulge food hall.  Many people, instead to go to the buffet (as we know as the Garden Cafe) will have their meal at the indulge food hall.  And, with the size of the MDR which at least one is open for breakfast and lunch, available space is at least equal if not greater than what we have at the mega Garden Cafe on the Bliss and others.  Different concept  but equivalent space.  I think that the concept of having more than one venue for a similar service is great.  We have all seen long line-ups and noisy place of lots of people going for breakfast at the garden cafe at the same time.  With people being split between various venues, it should be quieter.

Agree, i'm hoping having all these different spots will help spread everyone out etc and make it more enjoyable. The ship has more space per person, so I think their new concept will pay off. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

The ship has more space per person, so I think their new concept will pay off. 

that is a question how you use the space, if you have many space that can only use by a less count of persons it don´t say something how the ship feel at the public space.

at the other ships breakfast is mostly like hell because the most people like buffet to breakfast and not the breakfast at the local or the dining room. so i wonder how breakfast will work here.

at the observation lounge is like at the other ships a small buffet too.but seems very small.

someone at fb wrote the model ships are sold out at the first day, hope that is not true, want to buy one.

Edited by Steff79

4 hours ago, GreenFamily said:

These slides look dangerous. What if a child panics and tries to brake with his/her legs? Snap! Didn’t a woman get trapped in one of these things? The nonstop screaming would drive me bananas if I had to hear it from a balcony cabin every day.

Perhaps I’m getting old but those slides look terrifying to me. A 10-story drop!  The landing space looks short, I hope they’ve tested these things out. How do you even mount the thing at the top? You must have to start in a sitting-down position, let go with your arms and free-fall.  Hope they play Tom Petty’s song at the top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, styxfire said:

Perhaps I’m getting old but those slides look terrifying to me. A 10-story drop!  The landing space looks short, I hope they’ve tested these things out. How do you even mount the thing at the top? You must have to start in a sitting-down position, let go with your arms and free-fall.  Hope they play Tom Petty’s song at the top.

You stand on a plate that opens and down you go :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

On our 7 Day Bermuda cruise May 2023 on Prima the Thermal Spa pass is $299 per person.

What do you think of Prima’s  thermal spa? It looks to me like it’s mostly dry saunas. It doesn’t appear to have a thalassotherapy pool.  

41 minutes ago, GreenFamily said:

What do you think of Prima’s  thermal spa? It looks to me like it’s mostly dry saunas. It doesn’t appear to have a thalassotherapy pool.  

I’m hoping some photos from guests will start appearing. We got a spa balcony and love the thermal spas.

• Like 2

The food truck hall and its food looks incredible.  However we know NCL and its a matter of time they start charging for this food.  We remember during the first sailings of Breakaway Margaritaville had no charge.  The popularity of these places will eventually get a charge.  Go Carts were only a few bucks or free during the first few sailings of Bliss too.  

Loving all the videos

• Like 3

I've watched several videos where the cabin is reviewed and it seems like there is very little drawer space to unpack one's clothing. We will have 3 staying in a family balcony cabin and I feel like we'll have to live out of our suitcases. Amongst many other wonderful things about cruising, I have always loved being able to unpack and not worry about my suitcases until the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

I think Indulge food hall is truly one of their big unsung innovations. It feels like a really nice melding of the MDR and Buffet.

I agree though there's a fine line between whether it will or won't be free 6 months from now. The free options actually feel more comprehensive than any ship before, which is probably not the direction people initially expected out of NCL.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BrianLo said:

I think Indulge food hall is truly one of their big unsung innovations. It feels like a really nice melding of the MDR and Buffet.

I agree though there's a fine line between whether it will or won't be free 6 months from now. The free options actually feel more comprehensive than any ship before, which is probably not the direction people initially expected out of NCL.

I think they borrowed this concept from Virgin Voyages, and even Carnival's newest ship MARDI GRAS has a food hall concept. 

I can’t seem to find this posted anywhere and I know everything is subject to change, but is there a list of activities that are included and what are extra? I am most interested if the tee time mini golf is extra or included, along with the darts. I know go karts will be extra. 

Edited by Tyro1
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, Sailing12Away said:

@oteixeira - check out the lineup...

Hopefully when they get to North America they pick up more of their MicroBrew lineup that is already on newer ships, but we will have to wait and see.  Way to many non-beer taps in that line up of beer taps.  :)

10 hours ago, hallux said:

That Studio cabin looks NICE!  Love that shower door feature, really cool.

But what if you have a friend visiting with you in your room and need to go potty? Are there blinds or something to come down and block out the windows? Or does your friend get a free show of you having a tinkle? That was the first thing I noticed.

2 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Hopefully when they get to North America they pick up more of their MicroBrew lineup that is already on newer ships, but we will have to wait and see.  Way to many non-beer taps in that line up of beer taps.  🙂

But at least there wasn't a single Bud/Coors/etc in there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

YouTube review of Prima on Inaugural:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SstVv6QqWbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXes-wAa_h8&t=958s

THeir video is tempting this RCCL cruiser to book Prima...WHAT A SHIP! But soooo expensive!

Sorry just noticed this has already posted.

Edited by BecciBoo

14 hours ago, david_sobe said:

The food truck hall and its food looks incredible.  However we know NCL and its a matter of time they start charging for this food.  We remember during the first sailings of Breakaway Margaritaville had no charge.  The popularity of these places will eventually get a charge.  Go Carts were only a few bucks or free during the first few sailings of Bliss too.  

Loving all the videos

0% change they don't do a Margaritaville on it. Within the next few weeks we will heat it too popular so they needed to add a small cover charge.

30 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

But what if you have a friend visiting with you in your room and need to go potty? Are there blinds or something to come down and block out the windows? Or does your friend get a free show of you having a tinkle? That was the first thing I noticed.

Depends on the kind of "visiting" you're talking about.  I'd just consider hanging in the lounge with them rather than the room, get a little more space there and someone doesn't have to sit on the bed.

If you're speaking of a non-PG kind of visit, I guess there may be a bit of a concern there...

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, JohnIreland said:

0% change they don't do a Margaritaville on it. Within the next few weeks we will heat it too popular so they needed to add a small cover charge.

Early reports on Indulge noted that there would be a charge for some items/at some times, so nobody should be surprised or disappointed if they do that.

• Like 3

Something interesting:  A person currently on the VIP cruise on the Prima posted this on FB

"Okay, . . . I rode the dry slides on the PR1MA, all three of them. I am no youngster at 65 and considered them fun. They are very fast and no special clothing, or lack of, is required. You are placed in a cloth "pouch" of sorts and down you go 10 stories. I recommend the drop for your first slide. It is a bit easier and a bit slower. I, like many of you, thought they were a dumb idea but it is something interesting and new to do on a sea day. Enjoy!"

• Like 5