Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

47 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Looks more like a crew cabin than a passenger cabin.

steamboats

I've never seen  interior and OV cabins being spacious.  They do that on purpose.  They are making much less money with those cabins and most important, they have lots of balcony and above categories to sell so by making them small, it probably convince lots of people to pay more for a higher category cabin.

This is the description for the family ocean view cabin. It is the only one that sleeps 4. The other two oceanview categories are either 186 sq. feet or 235 sq. feet. The pictures are the same for all 3 subcategories of oceanview.

image.thumb.png.53cbd3d8283fcb5758dbcac8c7cad224.png

15 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Wow... that is small. I booked my sister, BIL and their 2 kids in a family OV cabin for next September. This definitely does NOT look like the renderings. Maybe this is a crew only 'smaller' OV room?

I may need to reconsider and save up some more money to move them into something bigger...

image.png.4d5a57b57aa7bf368e3e968e1b9d33e2.png

Let’s hope that’s a different room type and not a what I ordered and what I got situation 😂.

image.jpeg.172c26afcc924471ba0504b3063376d5.jpeg

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, GALSews said:

This is the description for the family ocean view cabin. It is the only one that sleeps 4. The other two oceanview categories are either 186 sq. feet or 235 sq. feet. The pictures are the same for all 3 subcategories of oceanview.

image.thumb.png.53cbd3d8283fcb5758dbcac8c7cad224.png

But I´ve never seen an OV or inside with the bed against the wall and the TV on the wall on the foot side of the bed. It´s also only one matress. Even if an OV or inside is not very spacious you can access the bed from both sides, you have a bed which can be separated with two matresses.

steamboats

• Like 1

So I am pretty sure I know the answer but it looks like The District is no longer.  Does anyone know if they plan to have good craft brews in other bars and lounges?  I looked through what is on NCL's website and it is mainly cocktail bars, so it is not looking good for us craft beer lovers.

4 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

@oteixeira deck 7 has a Syd Normans Pour House.... will that be similar possibly? Or at least have something akin to a Blue Moon as opposed to the lowest of the low.

image.png.b7b6aa8289443530eed3eef2f403efcc.png

Syd's on the away ships has a small bar area inside and outside with a stage, nothing like the District found on the larger ships.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

@oteixeira deck 7 has a Syd Normans Pour House.... will that be similar possibly? Or at least have something akin to a Blue Moon as opposed to the lowest of the low.

image.png.b7b6aa8289443530eed3eef2f403efcc.png

Yea, I have been in a Syd's before on the Away ships, basically no beer selection.  :(  Good news for me, the Away ships don't cost as much as this new class, and the more I look, the more I am not seeing a reason to jump to these new ships.  I love the infinity pool in the Haven, but other then that, I am not sold on a lot of the things (I dont go-cart, the slides mean nothing to me, etc, etc).

59 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Yea, I have been in a Syd's before on the Away ships, basically no beer selection.  😞 Good news for me, the Away ships don't cost as much as this new class, and the more I look, the more I am not seeing a reason to jump to these new ships.  I love the infinity pool in the Haven, but other then that, I am not sold on a lot of the things (I dont go-cart, the slides mean nothing to me, etc, etc).

@oteixeiraWe love the Jewel class ships and the first three Away class ships, Escape in our opinion is the best ship in the fleet. This size and some of the amenities aboard the Prima has us booked on the TA, we don't care for the racing, laser tag or even those two dry slides but having a food court in back and more restaurant's and bars. Really like the idea of NCL going smaller than bigger like RCCL.

• Like 3

I miss a sports bar. Or mix destrict brew house with sports bar. 
don‘t see tv‘s At the renderings. Hope there are some tv’s with sport. At the local and?

at the beginning there was to read about watching movies outside at the heck. Wonder how that will be?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

don‘t see tv‘s At the renderings. Hope there are some tv’s with sport. At the local and?

at the beginning there was to read about watching movies outside at the heck. Wonder how that will be?

Agree with you - would enjoy a brew house/sports bar but unfortunately the only bar renderings I see with TVs is the Penrose Bar (which looks like a typical hotel bar). Maybe there's more to The Bull's Eye than what we've seen - perhaps there's a bar inside with TVs.

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@oteixeiraWe love the Jewel class ships and the first three Away class ships, Escape in our opinion is the best ship in the fleet. This size and some of the amenities aboard the Prima has us booked on the TA, we don't care for the racing, laser tag or even those two dry slides but having a food court in back and more restaurant's and bars. Really like the idea of NCL going smaller than bigger like RCCL.

Agree on the Escape, if you look at my signature I cruise that ship more than any other they have.

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Le Bistro chandelier.294070930_120237184063208_6535647465566812378_n.thumb.jpg.ffd0c06e2c156b0f84502d2a64734787.jpg

Render:

LeBistro_1646702675451-HR.thumb.jpg.836c4c9af81ab052b28cc2d88126e7f2.jpg

Just booked Le Bistro for the second night of our trip on Prima in October. I chose an early dining time so we have a good chance of scoring a window seat. This restaurant looks so beautiful.

On the topic of no District Brew house: It will not be missed by me. It looks like this ship has a lot of other options for getting a cold beer. I am looking forward to trying some of the new bars. The Belvedere bar has my name all over it!! Certainly won't miss having a sports bar, and think the Speedway bar and Local may have some TVs for the sports fans to watch.

22 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Yea, I have been in a Syd's before on the Away ships, basically no beer selection.  😞 Good news for me, the Away ships don't cost as much as this new class, and the more I look, the more I am not seeing a reason to jump to these new ships.  I love the infinity pool in the Haven, but other then that, I am not sold on a lot of the things (I dont go-cart, the slides mean nothing to me, etc, etc).

If the prices don't come down before our 🐀 cruise in September 2023 then we'll do a full scouting report for you and find any possible options for craft beer.

21 hours ago, Steff79 said:

I thought there was a bar that had cubbys to hang out and play darts in. Didn't that have a bar and tv too?

19 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

On the topic of no District Brew house: It will not be missed by me. It looks like this ship has a lot of other options for getting a cold beer.

It's not so much about the number of places to grab a beer... it's all about the selection of choices at such bars. Most bars have the standard 4 types of beer. There are some folks who are a bit more discerning when it comes to their beer choices, which most cruises don't carry. District was a good option for those folks as they had less common and more craft-inspired types of selections.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

It's not so much about the number of places to grab a beer... it's all about the selection of choices at such bars. Most bars have the standard 4 types of beer. There are some folks who are a bit more discerning when it comes to their beer choices, which most cruises don't carry. District was a good option for those folks as they had less common and more craft-inspired types of selections.

It's me, it's me!!!   I am this folk.   :)   Also, I really don't like hard liquor, so limiting my beer choice puts a major kink in my plans and then I have to try to find out which fruity mixed drinks I like best without spiking my blood sugar (and I am not even diabetic!) from drinking too many of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

It's me, it's me!!!   I am this folk.  🙂  Also, I really don't like hard liquor, so limiting my beer choice puts a major kink in my plans and then I have to try to find out which fruity mixed drinks I like best without spiking my blood sugar (and I am not even diabetic!) from drinking too many of them.

It seems like the craft beer boom is still going strong so I would expect them to have a better selection available somewhere on the ship.  Unless, of course, their experience with the District on the other ships is that the more unusual beers are really not that popular with the NCL crowd.

2 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

It seems like the craft beer boom is still going strong so I would expect them to have a better selection available somewhere on the ship.  Unless, of course, their experience with the District on the other ships is that the more unusual beers are really not that popular with the NCL crowd.

I would argue that they are popular based on how many kegs kick during any given 7 day cruise I have been on with the district on the ship.  By the end of 7 days more then half the taps are usually out of beer (my guess is they can only store so many full kegs so when they run out they are out).