Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

6 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Since NCL is a bit slow and I haven't received my invitation yet... we'll start with a glimpse of the inside of Leo 1, they are making progress:

:classic_biggrin:

148407641_3768060513289335_8674688833893401657_n (1).jpg

How DARE they start with crew areas instead of passenger areas! 😂

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Webcast time, who's signed in? :classic_ninja: Let's hope the sneak peek IS about Leonardo... :classic_biggrin:

Opening bookings on 4/21/21, and confirmed the atrium and restaurant renderings which have already been posted here.

Edited by romalley99
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Thanks @romalley99. I would have hated it to sit expectantly through an one hour webinar to only see, at the very end, the two renders you've found yourself about six months ago on public websites. That did not happen. :classic_laugh:

It is funny, but let's be honest, the only important takeaway here is the April opening of bookings, because to do that a LOT of news has to start to break between now and then.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2021 at 3:54 PM, Eggs2Go said:

I'm anxious for hints about accommodations. My desire is some small balcony cabins about 100 sqft or so offered to solos.

Yeah, it would be nice if NCL added some studio balcony cabins like RCL did with the Quantum-class. RCL's studio balcony cabins are 119 sq ft (I believe), so a little more roomy.

I haven't tried NCL's tiny 99 sq ft studio cabins yet but I'm booked in them on the Encore & the Getaway. We'll see if claustrophobia sets in...

9 hours ago, F27TW said:

That bow section is SO hideous.   I hate that new style bow that theyre using on some newbuilds .. like this one and Celebrity Edge & those Virgin ships.

It looks like a big barge.

I felt the same way. But, after some time, these bow designs have "grown on me" and I've become used to them. I'm sure they went to this design for hydrodynamic efficiency (saves fuel).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

I haven't tried NCL's tiny 99 sq ft studio cabins yet but I'm booked in them on the Encore & the Getaway. We'll see if claustrophobia sets in...

I've sailed multiple times in Norwegian's solo studio cabins and find them to be comfortable and plenty roomy for me. BUT they are all interior cabins. The pandemic has made me realize the importance of outside access, of sitting on a private balcony and breathing fresh air. Since a brochure from Fincantieri about their new builds states 90% of cabins will have a balcony, perhaps there is hope that on Leonardo 1 some of those balconies will be designed for solos.   

• Like 2

Has anyone else cruised on MSC?

My late DH and I sailed on MSC Divina.. it was his last cruise but, what a cruise? We loved MSC Divina and if the NCL ships are comparable to the MSC ships... they'll be fabulous.  As far as solo cabins, solo cruises, well, I think NCL is really the lead in the market.  

AFAS the new Leonardo ships go; NCL have la liberté de changement (the liberty to change) whatever designs they want. 

Knowing the goal of FDR, I suspect, and it's only a guess, is to bring the classiness of the Leonardo ships up a notch.  My expectations may be a bit high.  I really loved MSC Divina. 

Cheers 🥂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oteixeira said:

It is funny, but let's be honest, the only important takeaway here is the April opening of bookings, because to do that a LOT of news has to start to break between now and then.

Yes, but do expect blanked out deck plans as before. But we will happily take what they will show us! :classic_happy:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Bookings open 04/21/21 but where is she sailing?  Europe?

TBA. @Steff79 found some EU ports of call for some of the Leo's, not sure if we can make something of it. 

With Meyer Werft a industry taster to/from Rotterdam/Hamburg and a Southampton Atlantic crossing were standard.

We will see, deck plans and routes coming up in April or sooner.. :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

On 1/31/2021 at 3:36 PM, Steff79 said:

And Leonard 1 ist now at the port list of Zeebrugge 4 x in 2022 ( starts August 18th, and ends Sept 21th ) and 14x in 2023. I think Summer 2023 could be the homeport in Southampton i think. But we will see.

@david_sobe Here's the reference to sailings in '22 & '23 from @Steff79

Thanks again Steff 😉

And, yes, I agree these stops may not be Leo 1 but, it's exciting to see some semblance of activity in the not too distant future. JMO 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Eggs2Go said:

I've sailed multiple times in Norwegian's solo studio cabins and find them to be comfortable and plenty roomy for me. BUT they are all interior cabins. The pandemic has made me realize the importance of outside access, of sitting on a private balcony and breathing fresh air. Since a brochure from Fincantieri about their new builds states 90% of cabins will have a balcony, perhaps there is hope that on Leonardo 1 some of those balconies will be designed for solos.   

Glad to hear your comment that the NCL studios (99 sq ft) were plenty of room for you. Bodes well. Even now as a solo cruiser, I still "love me a balcony". So, that's why my current bookings include a couple of RCL's Quantum-class ships (Anthem OTS & Odyssey OTS) which have the studio balcony cabins. To "up my game", I also just recently booked Celebrity Apex, in one of her Single Infinity Veranda cabins. No surprise that Celebrity is owned by RCL. Both RCL & Celebrity are "solo-friendly", i.e. Celebrity increased the # of single infinite veranda cabins on Apex from 16 (Edge) to 24, seeming to indicate that Celebrity is increasing the marketing to us solo cruisers. Same thing with RCL and their Quantum-class ships (which each have 12 studio balcony cabins). Also, RCL recently proved to be "solo friendly" with their recent 60% off the second guest sale (effectively lowering the solo supplement to 40%) + flash sale of $50 off pp, so $100 off the cabin. I jumped on that sale (twice, lol).

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1

I'm sure those other lines are nice enough, but I've become accustomed to Norwegian's freestyle cruising, with the freedom to do what I want when I want.  And I want to be on a Norwegian ship. My solid platinum plus status shows that I love sailing with Norwegian. Hopefully the new Leonardo ships will be best in the fleet.

• Like 7

The restaurant appears to be located on the "Waterfront" deck btw, those long oval shaped windows in the older render, letting in the sun/day light; visible on the waterfront deck, especially on the Istanbul strait crossing of the megablock. So any blank space on the deck plans for that deck could be this restaurant. I may have said this before but the new render cleverly let them out of the shot.. :classic_biggrin:

Oh and hats off to NCL, sincerely, by sneak peeking those two renders. Taking control of the "leaks" and not having two officially released renders and still two found by some hobbyist(s). Which were publicly online for several months, if not years, before being spotted. Of course we would have liked something new since March 2017.. :classic_ninja:

• Like 2