Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

"Norwegian Cruise Line this week announced its new ship class, Prima-class, and debut ship, also called Prima, will debut in August 2022. On Wednesday, Norwegian unveiled even more about Prima, including what guests can expect once they get onboard."

"The new ship is notable smaller, at just over 3,200 guests, than compared to Norwegian's most recently Breakaway-Plus vessels, which were 4,200 guests each"

"Norwegian said the new ship will have the brand's largest-ever inside, oceanview and balcony staterooms, including the largest-ever bathrooms and showers for standard stateroom categories."

"With Prima, Norwegian is introducing Ocean Boulevard, an evolution of the brand’s The Waterfront. On deck 8, Ocean Boulevard will run 44,000 square feet long, wrapping around the entire deck, and sporting double the space of The Waterfront/"

Rhis looks very similar to MSC Seaside to me and based on the other photos from the news release, this is a ship I am very interested in sailing on.

image.png.1159d09bc03299e82716e536b83e55ed.png

Lots of interesting details and photos in this article: https://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/What-to-Know-About-Norwegian-Prima-NCLs-New-Ship-and-New-Ship-Class

More info here too:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise/prima

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/ncl-unveils-more-details-for-new-ship-the-norwegian-prima.html

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24977-first-look-at-new-norwegian-prima.html

Ocean Boulevard's Infinity Beach

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 3

Some different dining choices:

"The food hall will offer 11 venues including Coco’s, serving artisan sweet treats; Q Texas Smokehouse, for American comfort food and barbecue; Starbucks; Seaside Rotisserie, for an array of rotisserie-cooked dishes; Nudls, which will serve noodle dishes from around the world, from Italian to Thai cuisines; and Tamara, for classic Indian dishes and vegetarian options."

Here is a video if interested:

• Like 1

Here is the tentative schedule

• Following several inaugural cruises, in August 2022 Norwegian Prima will embark on a series of  10-day voyages in Northern Europe and the UK.
  •  
  • In September 2022, the ship will depart Southampton, England for a 12-day transatlantic voyage ending in New York before commencing its winter season with sailings to Bermuda and the Caribbean. (For the first time ever, NCL will also offer an 11-day Caribbean itinerary on Prima leaving from Galveston, Texas.) 
  •  
  • Beginning December 2022, the ship will homeport in Orlando, Florida (Port Canaveral) making fifteen 5, 7, and 9-day roundtrip Western Caribbean voyages. 
  •  
  • In Spring 2023, Norwegian Prima will make five 7-day roundtrip voyages between Bermuda and New York.
  •  
  • In May 2023, the ship will head back to Iceland and Northern Europe on another transatlantic journey, and then from May to September, offer a mix of 10 and 11-day Norway and Iceland sailings from Reykjavik, Iceland and Southampton, England.
  •  
  • The summer 2023 season will end with a 14-day roundtrip voyage from Southampton

https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2021/05/12/ncls-newest-ship-norwegian-prima-to-set-sail-summer-2022/?sh=46ab0f9b2e7c

Weird... all the articles I linked to were published today (May 12, 2021).... but when doing a search on youtube I found an old video calling the new Prima ship part of the Leonardo class?? 

Did NCL just change the name of the class of ship, therefore triggering numerous articles to be written today? Or is it possible all the articles are getting it wrong and the new class isn't called Prima?

Norwegian Cruise Line has revealed its next ship will be called Norwegian Prima.

The vessel, due to launch next summer, will be the first of six new ships in a class of the same name.

https://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/ncl-updates-plans-for-new-prima-class/

Norwegian Cruise Line will begin taking bookings today for its newest ship, Norwegian Prima, the first ship in its new Prima Class.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2021/05/12/ncls-newest-ship-norwegian-prima-to-set-sail-summer-2022/?sh=46ab0f9b2e7c

2 minutes ago, MarkieMarkNYC said:

I was excited about this until I saw the photos. I don't like having a balcony over a busy deck area and that is the case for all of the balconies. I'd rather look down at the sea and not have constant noise directly under me.

I hear you on that part, but I absolutely LOVE the open air concept of deck 8. We love to eat outdoors. Actually, we like to do most things outdoors. For me, the balcony not looking down into the sea seems to be an fair exchange for the ability to have all that open deck space.

The first of six Norwegian Prima-class ships.

• Like 7

Looks like Prima will have studio cabins and a studio lounge too. I thought that NCL might be moving away from this concept with Joy. These cabins are distintly different than the former studio cabins on the away class, looks much more like studios on some of the newer RCL ships with the bathroom entirely separate.

image.png.84dc6dbdb6268724b5e537723e25bdb1.png

1 hour ago, BalconyCabinForMeThanks said:

Also seeing a reference to Food Republic, but it's unclear to me if it's supposed to be the Prima, or a previous ship.

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 12.01.04 PM.png

If there is no Food Republic I will be sad.

If there is no Sugarcane Mojito Bar I will be doubly sad.

If Fat Tuesday offers New Orleans barbecue shrimp, that will mitigate the aforementioned sadness quite adequately. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, coastcat said:

If there is no Food Republic I will be sad.

If there is no Sugarcane Mojito Bar I will be doubly sad.

If Fat Tuesday offers New Orleans barbecue shrimp, that will mitigate the aforementioned sadness quite adequately. 

I think there are approximately 8 more restaurants to be added to the list, at least I hope so. 😉

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I think there are approximately 8 more restaurants to be added to the list, at least I hope so. 😉

It’s a bit maddening that there are still so many blank “here be dragons” spaces on the deck plans! After this long wait I’m greedy for details. And barbecue shrimp. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Weird... all the articles I linked to were published today (May 12, 2021).... but when doing a search on youtube I found an old video calling the new Prima ship part of the Leonardo class?? 

Did NCL just change the name of the class of ship, therefore triggering numerous articles to be written today? Or is it possible all the articles are getting it wrong and the new class isn't called Prima?

The new ship is the Norwegian Prima, and it is part of the Prima class (the class is typically named by the first ship in it).

It was never the Leonardo class...it was Project Leonardo all along.

Also...you are correct in that Norwegian Prima looks like MSC Seaside. She also looks like Virgin's Scarlet Lady. All three come from the very same base ship design. Project Leonardo is simply NCL's version of the ships already built for MSC and Virgin...nothing really "new" here...just NCL's touch on an existing platform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, coastcat said:

It’s a bit maddening that there are still so many blank “here be dragons” spaces on the deck plans! After this long wait I’m greedy for details. And barbecue shrimp. 

I think everyone feels your pain right now. NCL is just ramping up the excitement... they're doing a fine job by not letting us see everything all at once.  I'm still really excited about this ship/cruise. 

• Like 1