Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

3 hours ago, rodndonna said:

That was our thought as well. It has a lot of great itineraries but not many that appeal to us with that ship design to really enjoy all that outdoor space. Looks great for Caribbean and Bahamas though!

Interesting... I look at it quite the opposite. Will be booking the Norway/Iceland cruise and look forward to all the outdoor space. Plus looking from at the scenery from the thermal spa.

one of my best memories from the Alaska le cruise was sitting outside with the blankets and looking at the landscape... as well as laying on the heated tile loungers and watching the mountains and whales.

I see what people mean about the Iceland itinerary, but this is a ship design which includes a lot of outdoor areas and NCL are building 6 of them.

Some will end up in the Med as well as the Caribbean, but there are going to be some which also go to colder areas.

I suspect that the Iceland trips on smaller ships have been selling very well (they are relatively expensive and hold their price well). My guess is that this itinerary was chosen because they wanted a bigger ship for the route but not the Breakaways (maybe due to some of the areas they go into in Norway or Iceland).

I also agree about it being a cruise where you want to spend some time outside to see the scenery. There is some fjord cruising in Norway and the sail out of Akureyri is also great with good whale spotting from the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

That does look like a bar!

And notice what's missing? There's no silly slide by those corner balconies!

Guess we book two options and wait for more details!

The slide will be there, starboard side, just wait for it.. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Definitely looks like an outdoor Haven bar area. 

The deck plans don’t show that area as the Haven but from the pic, it looks like it’s directly open to the Haven.

13 hours ago, coastcat said:

When I do a mock booking the deck plans don't show any connecting symbols on any of the Studio cabins on either deck. Could that mean that none of the Studio cabins connect?

(doubt that's any great loss)

they didn’t officially  show as connecting on Escape/getaway/breakaway either in the early days but the door is there in those cabins too. Trying to find a studio that doesn’t have a connecting door is nigh on impossible regardless of what the deck plans show. 
I just hope those doors are properly soundproofed.  

22 hours ago, BalconyCabinForMeThanks said:

Also seeing a reference to Food Republic, but it's unclear to me if it's supposed to be the Prima, or a previous ship.

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 12.01.04 PM.png

Where did this pic come from?

There is no Food Republic with daybeds and loungers next door. Most likely is Prima. 

10 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Where is this from? The shaded area on the bottom right looks like it says "LANDING" - maybe for that silly slide? Are you able to get a better snip of that area?

16 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Where did this pic come from?

There is no Food Republic with daybeds and loungers next door. Most likely is Prima. 

Ah ok. They are from a video on NCLs website. 

In the upper left hand corner is says “covered(?) Entrance to Vibe”

452C2D96-8D74-4875-9845-5CFFE5B24BE1.thumb.jpeg.d4fa1ca15d61d4e62619075695410b69.jpeg

9 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

It is, I suppose, theoretically possible that NCL may move to a style of cruising where evening meals are not inclusive and everyone has to pay extra. I doubt it for a number of reasons.

i`m sure that NCL would be the first cruise line and the prima the first cruise ship that has no complimentary dining venue. 😉

So i would bet all i have that there will be not only one but even a few complimentary dining options and something like a main dining room as well. the prima class ships will have a few new and unusual features but they are not supposed to be a revolution in the cruise industry. 😉

13 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I had the same reaction.  The direction of too many new builds is to remove guests from the water, whether it's by things like this (recessing the balconies away from the water), or removing forward-facing open deck spaces, or the like.  A main reason for cruising, at least for me, is to have some connection to the water.

Well,on the prima you do have more connection to the water then on any other NCL ship. Maybe not on the balconies of the cabins but therefore on a huge part of the public areas, e.g. deck 8. For me it is important to have that connection as often as possible. Especially for people having oceanview or inside cabins it is very great to have that huge open deck on deck 8. It is more connection to the water than if having just the balconies a few more feet forward to the ocean.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steff79 said:

don´t think that area belongs to haven ( i hope not ), haven bar, lounges, restaurant are one deck lower

i think that pool deck with a bar will be a adult only area, maybe free or like a vibe with pool

Ah, that would make sense. We haven’t been told anything about the adult-only area - would it be a reimagined Vibe with the same hard-to-get whole-cruise pass, a day pass area, or open access like Spice?

I loved the analogy of the J.C. Penney catalog, but our catalog arrived mangled and with missing pages. We’re peering at the picture on page 79 trying to figure out if that’s a brand new Barbie or just some new outfits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eileeshb said:

they didn’t officially  show as connecting on Escape/getaway/breakaway either in the early days but the door is there in those cabins too. Trying to find a studio that doesn’t have a connecting door is nigh on impossible regardless of what the deck plans show. 
I just hope those doors are properly soundproofed.  

Ugh, ain’t that the truth. The non-connecting ones get snapped up quickly. I’ve got non-connecting Studios for my upcoming Bliss and Breakaway sailings, but both were booked about two years in advance. If that mirrored section by the head of the bed is a connecting door, wow, that’s not a thoughtful design element. NCL claims that all the cabin types are larger on Prima but the Studio square footage was reduced? Prima has over 70 of them in a two-deck Studio area, while Bliss & Encore each have 83 spread over three decks. Well, we shall see.

498 days to go!

It felt really weird trying to choose a cabin on an unfinished ship...I kept going to other decks to see where X is on the ship and finding a white area labeled "to come". 😄 Of course, it wasn't a big worry since I'm in a studio, anyway.

It'll be interesting to see how she comes together. As much as I love the look of the infinity pools and the expanded "waterfront" deck, I'm kind of hoping she still has a "normal" lido deck with a basic pool and bars. Maybe I'm not coming at it with the right mindset, of course, and embracing the new style.

So much of the ship is taken up by the Haven. It looks like a nicer area for them, but I wonder whether it won't get a bit crowded, with that many people using it. NCL is definitely taking an interesting approach, anyway, providing substantially for both the higher priced ship-within-a-ship exclusive set AND the cheap solos. Very much a "have it your way" style...

• Like 2

No one is going to leave that Haven sundeck and with the increase in Haven cabins, I wonder if it will be SRO.  Its beautiful though 🙂

I have mixed feelings about no Waterfront and its now 2 smaller pool areas.  That could be a sign that the top pool could be for the  Vibe Beach club.  That means even smaller public spaces.  

Its exciting to watch a ship come together again, especially a new model.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

i`m sure that NCL would be the first cruise line and the prima the first cruise ship that has no complimentary dining venue. 😉

So i would bet all i have that there will be not only one but even a few complimentary dining options and something like a main dining room as well. the prima class ships will have a few new and unusual features but they are not supposed to be a revolution in the cruise industry. 😉

Yes, I'd agree. It just occurred to me that I was confidently telling people that there will definitely be the usual MDR's but I don't actually know that for sure. I'm 99% sure, but you do never know. there have been other changes in the past that would have been a surprise beforehand.

• Like 1

I was just looking at the deck plans and talking to someone about cabins and it occurred to me that this ship has far more potential of unusual cabins than most NCL ships. Once there have been some sailings I suspect we will find out about some which have particularly big balconies for example.

There are always those unusual ones, but I could see there being lots of them here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I was just looking at the deck plans and talking to someone about cabins and it occurred to me that this ship has far more potential of unusual cabins than most NCL ships. Once there have been some sailings I suspect we will find out about some which have particularly big balconies for example.

There are always those unusual ones, but I could see there being lots of them here.

And so many different categories with just a few rooms per grouping...

Aft Facing Balcony — 2 cabins

Aft Facing Suite — 2 cabins 

The Haven Aft Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony—2 Cabins

The Haven Aft Facing Penthouse w/ Master Bedroom spans 5 decks with 1 room per deck. 

In one of the Ocean Boulevard slides in the NCL presentation on Pr1ma it says:

"Premium Outdoor Lounge"

Whenever I see the word Premium on a cruise ship that means upcharge.

Anyone know what this is about?

• Like 1

I can't find anything about a premium area...

I've been going through everything listed on my reservation. They've got hammocks, for pity's sake...I mean, what's the fight over hammocks going to be like? Yikes.

The infinity pools seem very RCI Solarium (adults only) to me. I doubt they'd actually restrict those deck areas by age, but the pools are clearly not for children to play in or for anyone to actually swim in. 🙂

I guess the buffet and MDR haven't made the list yet, although the Local should be free, shouldn't it? Everything just shows up as "Price $ USD" right now. There'll be tapas and Indian food, though, so that is awesome!

• Like 1

Well I'm going to give her a whirl, booked the transatlantic Southampton to NYC Sept 2022. NCL also offered the buy one get one air which is something I've never seen them do on a trans Atlantic 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, squick64 said:

I've been going through everything listed on my reservation. They've got hammocks, for pity's sake...I mean, what's the fight over hammocks going to be like? Yikes.

The infinity pools seem very RCI Solarium (adults only) to me. I doubt they'd actually restrict those deck areas by age, but the pools are clearly not for children to play in or for anyone to actually swim in. 🙂

I guess the buffet and MDR haven't made the list yet, although the Local should be free, shouldn't it? Everything just shows up as "Price $ USD" right now. There'll be tapas and Indian food, though, so that is awesome!

See the slide at 5:35 in

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, squick64 said:

Also, they said Indulge will be free for breakfast and lunch FOR NOW.

They also refer to Los Lobos as Premium dining so that sounds like $

• Like 1

Oh man, I probably should have watched that behind the scene thing, huh? My bad. I see it now. Yeah.

There’s something called “Indulge Outdoor Lounge”, which is the area with the hammocks and associated with the food hall and firepit (seems crazy to me when ships are so fire averse?)...maybe that’s what they mean? It wouldn’t surprise me if that cost extra, yeah. Sort of like Vibe, maybe. An extra fee but not as expensive as the exclusivity of the Haven?

Of course, cushy chairs are “free” on the Waterfront, too, so...hmm.

They’re clearly still ironing it all out, of course.

• Like 1