Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

23 hours ago, evandbob said:

Since we had an Iceland land trip and a Norway fjord cruise both cancelled by COVID, we booked the 10 day Iceland/Norway 2023 itinerary as something to look forward to as we begin a slow return to normalcy.

We're booked on the 10 day in 2023 as well. See you onboard 🙂 

12 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I just priced Iceland. It’s high. If cruising remains 💯 vaccinated as a requirement, and the predictions that 35% of Americans won’t vaccinate, then prices are bound to drop. I suspect there will be some amazing deals for those willing to wAit until after final payment. 

We waffled a bit because of the price, but I've always found that when I book super far in advance I always have ended up with the best rates. If prices drop or new promos kick in that are better, we can always rebook (if it's before final payment date). So no risk to booking now. If prices don't drop and we come to our senses and realize we can take 4 sailings for the price of this 1, then we have a year and a half to change our minds and cancel with no money lost.

For us, we've always found the best prices either super far in advance, or super late in the game as they scramble to fill empty cabins. It's the bell curve, need to hop on the roller coaster at the low points.

• Like 5

It looks like this ship is geared towards adults so far which I am very happy with. I don’t need go kart tracks, slides abs children’s areas.

it may sound grumpy however there are plenty of ships geared to family’s. I do hope all the lovely looking outside area (not Haven) are available to all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

It looks like this ship is geared towards adults so far which I am very happy with. I don’t need go kart tracks, slides abs children’s areas.

it may sound grumpy however there are plenty of ships geared to family’s. I do hope all the lovely looking outside area (not Haven) are available to all.

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.

The reason why there are no go karts, slides and children's areas shown is that these will all be in areas which haven't been revealed yet.

There is some discussion on the slides, but go karts looks almost certain, as is a VR area.

I would expect a kids club as well, although they took it off the Spirit at refurbishment, so I suppose we never know.

There will be plenty for kids, and plenty of kids.

• Like 5

On 5/12/2021 at 12:42 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Weird... all the articles I linked to were published today (May 12, 2021).... but when doing a search on youtube I found an old video calling the new Prima ship part of the Leonardo class?? 

Did NCL just change the name of the class of ship, therefore triggering numerous articles to be written today? Or is it possible all the articles are getting it wrong and the new class isn't called Prima?

Norwegian Cruise Line has revealed its next ship will be called Norwegian Prima.

The vessel, due to launch next summer, will be the first of six new ships in a class of the same name.

https://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/ncl-updates-plans-for-new-prima-class/

Norwegian Cruise Line will begin taking bookings today for its newest ship, Norwegian Prima, the first ship in its new Prima Class.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2021/05/12/ncls-newest-ship-norwegian-prima-to-set-sail-summer-2022/?sh=46ab0f9b2e7c

As I understand it, while the ship is being constructed she is part of a named class, i.e. Leonardo. After the ship is named, i.e. Norwegian Prima, that class of ship takes on the name of the first ship of the class, i.e. Prima class. All subsequent new builds (I believe NCL has a total of 6 on order) will also be Prima class ships.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

We're booked on the 10 day in 2023 as well. See you onboard 🙂 

We waffled a bit because of the price, but I've always found that when I book super far in advance I always have ended up with the best rates. If prices drop or new promos kick in that are better, we can always rebook (if it's before final payment date). So no risk to booking now. If prices don't drop and we come to our senses and realize we can take 4 sailings for the price of this 1, then we have a year and a half to change our minds and cancel with no money lost.

For us, we've always found the best prices either super far in advance, or super late in the game as they scramble to fill empty cabins. It's the bell curve, need to hop on the roller coaster at the low points.

Hi. I'm back. Have any cheese? 😉.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Regarding the cold weather sailings... that's why we booked the Haven room which comes with a private hot tub on the balcony. Popping a bottle of wine then slipping into the hot tub to watch for the Northern lights... only 2 years to wait and build the excitement.

May I visit? 😉

On 5/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, squick64 said:

which is the area with the hammocks and associated with the food hall and firepit (seems crazy to me when ships are so fire averse?)

Actually, it's the opposite. Ships are not averse to fire. That's why no open flames allowed and materials used in the construction of the ship (especially interior spaces) are required to be non-flammable. The firepit on Prima is most likely a simulated flame but the unit probably does put out heat.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.

The reason why there are no go karts, slides and children's areas shown is that these will all be in areas which haven't been revealed yet.

There is some discussion on the slides, but go karts looks almost certain, as is a VR area.

I would expect a kids club as well, although they took it off the Spirit at refurbishment, so I suppose we never know.

There will be plenty for kids, and plenty of kids.

I did think there would be, I just think I was hopeful 😁 Virgin are no kids I don’t think I am cool enough for them.!

It is exciting when there is a new ship, we booked on Friday for 2022.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, squick64 said:

There’s something called “Indulge Outdoor Lounge”, which is the area with the hammocks and associated with the food hall and firepit

I doubt it's a real firepit. It's far more likely to be fabric, lights, and fans like this. 57b2e3c5dd8aea5ee7f13517-large.jpg?cache_buster=a173979cbb55c1e3a24ba790f78f034c

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steff79 said:

Can other rooms buying a Spa pass or did you read something other?

Didn’t read anything else.  Ncl ships with spa access staterooms typically have quite a few more stateroom categories with spa inclusion. The Prima only has the few spa balconies.  No Haven... spa suites. I’m sure they’ll sell additional spa passes and access for whatever the market will bear. How many in a post pandemic world and at what cost is the unknown. 

13 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

Regarding aft balcony sizes of  the following H4’s: cabin 10352 is 447 sq ft and balcony is 527 sq ft.  Cabin 12928 is 459 sq ft and balcony is 535 sq ft so not much difference.  

For the H3 stateroom - the balcony on deck 15 is considerably larger than deck 13’s H3’s.  The downside of deck 15 is being right next to Haven pool so potential for mechanical and deck chair/deck washing... noise. 

Ok, what am I missing? Where are you seeing specific balcony & cabin sizes?

All I'm seeing is a range? 

• Total Approx. Size974 - 994 sq. ft.
  • Balcony Size527 - 535 sq. ft.

3 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Ok, what am I missing? Where are you seeing specific balcony & cabin sizes?

All I'm seeing is a range? 

• Total Approx. Size974 - 994 sq. ft.
  • Balcony Size527 - 535 sq. ft.

I’m booked in both of these for different sailings.  My pcc gave me the information. Was originally booked in the h3 on deck 15.  he suggested 15 and said it was much larger than the one on 13 but I don’t have the ratio. I switched to the H4 after finding out it still has the hot tub on the deck.  

3 minutes ago, littlelulu01 said:

I’m booked in both of these for different sailings.  My pcc gave me the information. Was originally booked in the h3 on deck 15.  he suggested 15 and said it was much larger than the one on 13 but I don’t have the ratio. I switched to the H4 after finding out it still has the hot tub on the deck.  

Ah, ok. I thought I was missing somewhere that we had access to this information!

Thanks!

So at first glance, this seems absolutely beautiful, but I need more info.  What are the entertainment venues inside gonna look like?  Will there be shows? Comedians? Night clubs, etc?  What are the complimentary dining options, and will there be a food-hall package if they're not complimentary... Is there no buffet anymore?  Is this an adults-only cruise?  If not, where are the kids gonna go?  Those small infinity pools are beautiful, but the experience would be totally ruined in my opinion with a ton of kids splashing around in them.  Do we have any idea when more info will be released?  Thank you all! (It's fun speculating anyway until we get more info!!)

1 hour ago, kessdarln said:

Still Freestyle? 

I suppose that depends on what freestyle means to you.

For me it is the ability to build my cruise around what I want to do, without anyone telling me I have to eat or be entertained at certain times with certain people. I can plan what I do and when. By that definition, I think this looks at least as freestyle as previous NCL ships and has the potential to be more so.

Others say freestyle is about being able to do what you want without having had to plan anything in advance. By this definition, people have been complaining for a while and it is difficult to say whether this ship will be better or worse. The food hall suggests that there will be more food options and these don’t look bookable.

I’m sure there are plenty of other interpretations of what freestyle means.

On 5/13/2021 at 9:03 AM, CruiseMH said:

Well,on the prima you do have more connection to the water then on any other NCL ship. Maybe not on the balconies of the cabins but therefore on a huge part of the public areas, e.g. deck 8. For me it is important to have that connection as often as possible. Especially for people having oceanview or inside cabins it is very great to have that huge open deck on deck 8. It is more connection to the water than if having just the balconies a few more feet forward to the ocean.

Yes the ship looks great with the HUGE promenade

While i started cruising in bunk bed interiors and have gradually moved up thru interior/OV/balcony/suite

We wont book anything below a balcony cabin nowadays. We pay extra for a balcony to enjoy our private views and private space.  

When i was  younger and single, traveling solo, it might have been cool to check out the hot bettys lounging. 😍

Now that im older and not single, we enjoy our private time on our balcony.

While im not shy and very proud of being a member of the balcony club on many ships🤯

I know Dw is shyand doesnt like people staring in our balcony.

Besides we dont want to get kicked off the ship if we decide join another ships balcony club😜

4 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

So at first glance, this seems absolutely beautiful, but I need more info.  What are the entertainment venues inside gonna look like?  Will there be shows? Comedians? Night clubs, etc?  What are the complimentary dining options, and will there be a food-hall package if they're not complimentary... Is there no buffet anymore?  Is this an adults-only cruise?  If not, where are the kids gonna go?  Those small infinity pools are beautiful, but the experience would be totally ruined in my opinion with a ton of kids splashing around in them.  Do we have any idea when more info will be released?  Thank you all! (It's fun speculating anyway until we get more info!!)

I thought that about those infinity pools, too. They look so peaceful and sophisticated in the renderings, but in reality they may be crawling with kids to the point that they will be hard to enjoy! Don’t get me wrong, I have kids, I love kids, and I appreciate that NCL is a family line. Hopefully they will have an awesome “main pool” area that the kids will love!

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, Seany527 said:

I really, really want one of the 2 HAs on deck 11 but they will probably never open up again. 

I know a lot of you guys have been sending thoughts and prayers that I would be able to get an HA.  😅

Well one opened up on the 12 day from NYC. I’m good to go now.

• Like 5

Interesting.  I was listening to a top NCL executive who said Prima is about the same size as Breakaway yet holds about 800 less passengers.  Guests not only have more space in their cabins but there is more space all over.  
I like that concept

• Like 6

"Norwegian Prima will have activities that appeal to younger clientele, to be announced over the summer. Sommer quipped that he 'can't confirm or deny a go-kart track."

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/refurb-interiors/ncl-goes-upscale-first-new-class-norwegian-prima

The only reason why Prima would not have a go kart track is because the blue print image some Italian shared online said build number 6299 (that is Leo 2) and it was hand edited to 6298.

Three level go kart track. Norwegian Prima. Period.

:classic_biggrin:

• Like 2