Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

Very excited! Booked for 11 nights October 2022 from Galveston, excellent price as well. Now need to book flights from London when they are released.

will be watching closely as areas are released for the ship and more information.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It varies by ship design/class. In some cases, the staterooms are directly above each other with the balconies creating the "slope" (Escape's forward facing H2s and H3s, for ex.). Other times, some of the staterooms are directly inline with one of the other decks but then a deck above that is recessed. This is why the aft-facing balconies on the BA/BA Plus ships aren't in exact numerical order for depth as you go lower or higher. 

ncl-prima-aerial-sm.jpg

I suspect that Prima will have the same combination of recessed and stacked which will mean that it will take some time to get the correct order for balcony depth. Renderings help but the actual ship needs to be seen/measured. 

Interesting - thanks for that info!

This photo makes it look like the balcony depths are all the same - so I wonder if that would mean that the cabins are a bit larger on each higher deck? 

2 hours ago, Seany527 said:

13 and 14 are the largest. 
Im on deck 12 and it’s killing me. I would love to switch to 13 or 14. 

I really, really want one of the 2 HAs on deck 11 but they will probably never open up again. 

I had my choice of all decks and I specifically chose 12!

I'm pretty sure that 13 has the largest balcony but that extra space comes from the cabin.  If you check the cabin square footage numbers, they vary by about 100 square feet which is a pretty big difference.

I thought that 12 offered the largest cabin with the most decent balcony size - a nice Canadian compromise!

I was really tempted by 14 but I wouldn't take it until we hear reports ... pools like that have a lot of recirculating pumps and other possibly noise machinery.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

This is the only NCL ship with this layout, but the breakaway and breakaway plus class both have alternating size cabins as you go up each deck. It’s not linear where deck 9 is the largest and smaller sizes and you move towards deck 15.  
Like for the Joy which is breakaway plus, 9 is the largest follow by 12 and then 13 is the smallest. But if you look at the aft of the Joy, as you move upward, the ship slants inward.

8BD5DFBC-7494-4DE2-8CDA-7D8C412C674B.thumb.jpeg.d6f8d8eb52ab6f1e0516d34af2e7f226.jpeg

But anyway, given the picture of the aft on Prima and the view point of the balcony doors, I’m thinking 13 and 14 would be the largest balconies. The deck plans also support this but until everything is finalized and people start sailing it will be difficult to be certain. 

11555F8C-BA89-46B0-98FB-167AB79C2C25.thumb.jpeg.079e4cb1bd60b83614cf81de48e2cb15.jpeg

Well they're all classified as "large balcony" and deck plans show table w/4 chairs and 2 loungers, so they have to be good sized!

As long as we have at least one lounger & a 2nd chair (Gary's not a lounger 😊), we're good to go!

It'll definitely be interesting to see the final results!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

This photo makes it look like the balcony depths are all the same - so I wonder if that would mean that the cabins are a bit larger on each higher deck? 

Too early to know anything, really. Being the first of the class means that anything is possible. Even when renderings show things to be identical, there can be actual differences that are unknown until construction is complete. Sometimes, a port side aft-facing balcony can be a different size than a starboard side aft-facing balcony on the same deck. It happens...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Los Lobos has always been a fee restaurant.

Correct. So when I heard Los Lobos being labeled as Premium and then I see Premium Outdoor Lounge it makes me think the lounge costs money.

Edited by NightOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I had my choice of all decks and I specifically chose 12!

I'm pretty sure that 13 has the largest balcony but that extra space comes from the cabin.  If you check the cabin square footage numbers, they vary by about 100 square feet which is a pretty big difference.

I thought that 12 offered the largest cabin with the most decent balcony size - a nice Canadian compromise!

I was really tempted by 14 but I wouldn't take it until we hear reports ... pools like that have a lot of recirculating pumps and other possibly noise machinery.

Thanks for this information. I originally wanted deck 13, but then realized, as you pointed out, that the balcony is larger, but the cabin is smaller. Then I got deck 14, but worried about mechanical noise from the pool. I will rethink that. Sigh. . . It is hard to decide with no reviews or trip reports. And the renderings/deck plans may not be accurate. On the other hand, it is kind of fun to have this uncertainty. This will be our first time cruising in the first year of a new build. Rethinking my choices will give me something to do for the next 2.5 years.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

The reference I was making in that I believe one of the NCL ships (EPIC) has its life boats hanging

outboard from the ship and has a conflict with the dimensions of the canal even the new wider canal.

Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape are the ships with lifeboats hanging outboard. They cannot even enter the new Panama Canal.

Joy, Bliss, Encore have modified lifeboat positions so they can transit through the new Panama Canal.

• Like 1

So, what do we not currently know as of yet?

Food:

- Is there a main dining room?

- Is there a buffet or is the Indulge Food Hall taking its place?

- Is there a casual walk up style food offering near the pools (I suspect The Local or Food Hall)

- Will The Local be 24 hours like on other ships?

- Will there be other specialty restaurants besides Onda and Los Lobos? (i.e. Le Bistro, Cagney's).

Ocean Boulevard:

- Are the infinity pools on both sides of the ship adults only, aka the new Spice H20? or are they an extra charge, aka the new Vibe?

- Is the Indulge Outdoor Lounge open to everyone or does require an extra charge?

Top Deck:

- will there be the rumored go-kart track around the funnel?

- will there be a "main pool" in the traditional sense?

- what else is going up there?

Entertainment:

- we know nothing! 🙂

what else did I forget?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, kenns said:

- Are the infinity pools on both sides of the ship adults only, aka the new Spice H20? or are they an extra charge, aka the new Vibe?

I can only IMAGINE the uproar if Ocean Boulevard is the new Waterfront (meaning it's a public space walkable by anyone) and there was a charge for access to the pools there.  Those paying would not be happy that random people are just milling about...

I just priced Iceland. It’s high. If cruising remains 💯 vaccinated as a requirement, and the predictions that 35% of Americans won’t vaccinate, then prices are bound to drop. I suspect there will be some amazing deals for those willing to wAit until after final payment. 

Regarding aft balcony sizes of  the following H4’s: cabin 10352 is 447 sq ft and balcony is 527 sq ft.  Cabin 12928 is 459 sq ft and balcony is 535 sq ft so not much difference.  

For the H3 stateroom - the balcony on deck 15 is considerably larger than deck 13’s H3’s.  The downside of deck 15 is being right next to Haven pool so potential for mechanical and deck chair/deck washing... noise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kenns said:

Food:

- Is there a casual walk up style food offering near the pools (I suspect The Local or Food Hall)

- Will there be other specialty restaurants besides Onda and Los Lobos? (i.e. Le Bistro, Cagney's).

Ocean Boulevard:

- Is the Indulge Outdoor Lounge open to everyone or does require an extra charge?

Top Deck:

Entertainment:

- we know nothing! 🙂

what else did I forget?

You forgot children's facilities, is there going to be kid's clubs? Do they get a splash/water park?

You mentioned them but will there be a Spice H2O or a Vibe?

Interesting how much focus is on what Pr1ma is going to have that every other NCL ship has. People seem to be more concerned with what is the same...what is familiar, then they are in what might be new and different.

Seems like we have an audience for "cookie cutter cruising".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kenns said:

I heard, in one of the many prima videos, mention of renting a cabana; believe it was in the outdoor lounge. Hopefully we’ll have more information soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kenns said:

Food:

Ocean Boulevard:

Top Deck:

Entertainment:

- we know nothing! 🙂

what else did I forget?

Spa.  I can’t wait to find out about the spa.  Only 28 spa balconies and no other rooms have spa access.  I assume spa is 16 forward where the spa staterooms are located.  I’m guessing the spa is going to be pretty special. And likely quite a premium to use.  The spa balconies on the Norwegian fjords September 2022 sailing jumped $300 pp since yesterday.  They sold out yesterday on the 2022 TA as did the entire Haven. Assume some of them are on hold and will return to the system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I just priced Iceland. It’s high. If cruising remains 💯 vaccinated as a requirement, and the predictions that 35% of Americans won’t vaccinate, then prices are bound to drop. I suspect there will be some amazing deals for those willing to wAit until after final payment. 

I sailed a similar Iceland 2 week on the Jade a couple years ago and booked pretty far in advance. Prices were almost identical.  Even the Haven was similarly priced. A few on the roll call won upgrade bids from ocean view or inside to balconies or mini suites but the Haven and suites were booked solid with only a room here and there opening up at much higher $. And that was for a September sailing. These sailings just don’t have fire sales.

Lots of folks who are happy to get their vaccines prior to traveling abroad.  I don’t think ncl is saying 100% forever.  They’re saying for restart we need full vaccine rates.  I’m booked for September on the Getaway and am grateful they will have fully vaccinated ships to restart. 

• Like 2

Iceland cruises have always been relatively expensive. We went there on the Jade in 2017 and it was the most expensive cruise per night that we have ever done (other than the POA). The prices held right to the end and I believe we sailed full.

As mentioned above this has continued to be the case.

In fact, given the itinerary and the fact that the ship is new, I was very pleasantly surprised at the cost. We were expecting to have to downgrade our cabin a bit in order to justify doing this cruise over other options, but in the end we booked a club balcony as the prices were less than we expected.

I wouldn’t expect massive price reductions before sailing on that route.

• Like 4

Just now, Steff79 said:

Can other rooms buying a Spa pass or did you read something other?

Everyone has access to Spa. It all depends on what kind of spa you want and what time of the day you want to take it. You need to consult with the reception 

7 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

Regarding aft balcony sizes of  the following H4’s: cabin 10352 is 447 sq ft and balcony is 527 sq ft.  Cabin 12928 is 459 sq ft and balcony is 535 sq ft so not much difference.  

For the H3 stateroom - the balcony on deck 15 is considerably larger than deck 13’s H3’s.  The downside of deck 15 is being right next to Haven pool so potential for mechanical and deck chair/deck washing... noise. 

Thanks! We had a hold on 10352 and ultimately went with 12928 to be higher above ocean boulevard. I’m glad it’s slightly bigger, too!

• Like 1