Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

On 5/12/2021 at 2:10 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thanks for all of the posts and links.

Question.  There seems to be little discussion of the Haven being moved to the aft.  Although it appears beautiful, with some need upgrades to the Haven experience, we've never sailed aft, especially on NCL's Haven and MSC Yacht Club stateroom so elegantly perched atop the bow of the ship.

I guess we'll have to wait for some reviews.

Again, thanks.

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Question.  There seems to be little discussion of the Haven being moved to the aft.  Although it appears beautiful, with some need upgrades to the Haven experience, we've never sailed aft, especially on NCL's Haven and MSC Yacht Club stateroom so elegantly perched atop the bow of the ship.

Again, thanks.

Aft is a great place to be. You get great views, just of where you have been rather than where you are going and without the issues with wind associated with being at the front.

We often sail in aft cabins because the location is so good, but only sail at the front if there is particularly scenic sailing (fjords etc) or if the room is particularly good.

It tends to be a smoother ride at the aft as well (in my experience).

It’s always been a bit of a puzzle to me why NCL have put the newer Havens at the front rather than aft.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I am not sure if this has been discussed before or I missed it.

Here gives the answer on whether the Indulge Food Hall is complimentary or has extra charge.

image.png.96b04f5e3ad32e570b40d7f3ed02510b.png

"....a variety of artisanal mini-restaurants and food trucks...."

hmm...is that a fancy way of saying "food court" ?? 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Aft is a great place to be. You get great views, just of where you have been rather than where you are going and without the issues with wind associated with being at the front.

Plus, with the more centralized funnel location on this class, soot should not be a problem.

• Like 5

• CC Help Jenn changed the title to Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!
On 5/18/2021 at 1:56 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

Here gives the answer on whether the Indulge Food Hall is complimentary or has extra charge.

Thanks for posting this.  It will be nice to have a list of all the dining options that are included and those that have charges at some point.

There is some great info on this thread. Thank you to everyone who supplied it. And a special thanks to the pics of the ship under construction. 

now one question which I am sure someone will be able to answer. The ship enters service with an 8 night cruise on 17 Aug 2022. That cruise would end on 25 Aug. The next trip on sale is 3 September. Does anyone have any idea what the ship is doing from 25Aug - 3 Sept?  Isnt it a bit unusual for a ship to enter service and have an immediate gap in the schedule? Is there some reason a cruise for those dates is not on sale? 

thanks for all info. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mattsudds said:

There is some great info on this thread. Thank you to everyone who supplied it. And a special thanks to the pics of the ship under construction. 

now one question which I am sure someone will be able to answer. The ship enters service with an 8 night cruise on 17 Aug 2022. That cruise would end on 25 Aug. The next trip on sale is 3 September. Does anyone have any idea what the ship is doing from 25Aug - 3 Sept?  Isnt it a bit unusual for a ship to enter service and have an immediate gap in the schedule? Is there some reason a cruise for those dates is not on sale? 

thanks for all info. 

I suspect they are still figuring out the schedule... or maybe a VIP travel company cruise? Only guessing. 

Industry sailings perhaps, invited press/travel agents on multiple shorter sailings. Normally they did those before the first revenue cruise(s). Might be due to Covid-19 or to expose the ship in a more exclusive foreign port now? Sheer guesswork. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

On 5/18/2021 at 6:56 AM, At Sea At Peace said:

Again, thanks.

We LOVE the aft - booked Haven aft penthouses usually.  Yes it was a walk to the Haven area - but we enjoyed seeing the rest of the ship on our way to or from the Haven area.

IMO, 2 of the biggest advantages of the Haven being moved to the aft that I see are:

1.  Spectacular views from all Haven venues

2.  Less wind that you have being forward.  Sitting out on the sundeck you will not get all beaten up by the wind!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Mattsudds said:

The ship enters service with an 8 night cruise on 17 Aug 2022. That cruise would end on 25 Aug. The next trip on sale is 3 September. Does anyone have any idea what the ship is doing from 25Aug - 3 Sept?

25 Aug - 27 Aug: overnight in Reykjavik, or mini cruise roundtrip Reykjavik

27 Aug: Reykjavik

28 Aug: Isafjordur

29 Aug: Akureyri

30 Aug: at sea

31 Aug: Olden

01 Sep: Skjolden

02 Sep: at sea

03 Sep: Amsterdam

Don't know why this cruise is not available to be booked. I don't think NCL use this voyage for travel agents and media. Perhaps chartered?

11 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

It is a similar situation once the TA ports in NYC.  There is a 5 day gap after that cruise until the next 5 day cruise to Bermuda.

05 Oct: New York

06 Oct: New York

07 Oct: at sea

08 Oct: Halifax

09 Oct: at sea

10 Oct: New York

So this cruise is possibly by invitation only, for the US travel agents and media.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, happy cruzin said:

We LOVE the aft - booked Haven aft penthouses usually.  Yes it was a walk to the Haven area - but we enjoyed seeing the rest of the ship on our way to or from the Haven area.

IMO, 2 of the biggest advantages of the Haven being moved to the aft that I see are:

1.  Spectacular views from all Haven venues

2.  Less wind that you have being forward.  Sitting out on the sundeck you will not get all beaten up by the wind!

Thanks.  I believe a couple have commented about the wind

Also, our recollection of our Haven cruises certainly did include a lot of "closed" sundeck due to the hard wind days.  We would then hop over to the Vibe (if there was abundant room, and if we got the OK from someone, but still windy there) or typically just somewhere else nearby if we wanted to sun.  So, that is a good point.

Comparatively, MSC Yacht Club has a shielded wind configuration on the Seaside Class around the pool and grill, and in front of that, when windy, there's little protection.  On the Meraviglia Class, there is so much glass that the wind was barely an issue (however, if you wanted to sun, you had to find the few spots without the overhead glass or drop down a deck to a small shielded lounging area above the main pool deck).

Guess we'll have to give a try.  Again, thanks.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:56 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

Private cabana sounds a little bit like upcharge or?

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Two pre-inaugural cruises in Aug 2022, most likely for press and travel agents:

12 Aug: Southampton

13 Aug: Zeebrugge

14 Aug: Southampton

15 Aug: Amsterdam

16 Aug: at sea

17 Aug: Amsterdam

So hoping for a revenue taster.... :classic_blush:

On 5/20/2021 at 12:44 AM, debenson0723 said:

It is a similar situation once the TA ports in NYC.  There is a 5 day gap after that cruise until the next 5 day cruise to Bermuda.  Like @FreestyleNovice mentioned, the new ships usually have bloggers, Travel Agents, and various media on board for a few nights for promotional sailings.

Yup.  TA, media, and industry people on board for a few days to tour the ship, its amenities, and facilities.   On Escape, I believe (not sure) that group took a promotional sailing from NYC down to Miami, where there were celebrations and she was officially christened by godmother Kelly Clarkson.  Then, the first season began out of Miami.