Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

9 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Interesting.  I was listening to a top NCL executive who said Prima is about the same size as Breakaway yet holds about 800 less passengers.  Guests not only have more space in their cabins but there is more space all over.  
I like that concept

I was wondering about the size of the ship. If it is indeed the same size then that can only mean more room per passenger.

I had assumed the ship was a little smaller.

Does anyone know the actual length?

4 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Manuel Di Rita peeta

if you google the Name you find many pics of his work, if the 3D works at the ship i think the hull art will be something special and awesome.

I am usually totally indifferent to hull art (other than the Breakaway which caused me to laugh out loud when I saw it), but I have to say that I think the Prima looks really good.

Some of the pictures from googling that name looked really good to me, although I really am as far away from being an expert on this sort of thing as it is possible to be.

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

I was wondering about the size of the ship. If it is indeed the same size then that can only mean more room per passenger.

I had assumed the ship was a little smaller.

Does anyone know the actual length?

Norwegian Prima will be 965-feet long and 142,500 gross tons, and can accommodate 3,215 guests at double occupancy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2021/05/12/ncls-newest-ship-norwegian-prima-to-set-sail-summer-2022/?sh=328475962e7c

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Norwegian Prima will be 965-feet long and 142,500 gross tons, and can accommodate 3,215 guests at double occupancy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2021/05/12/ncls-newest-ship-norwegian-prima-to-set-sail-summer-2022/?sh=328475962e7c

Thanks.

Breakaway is 1068ft according to Wikipedia.

Looking at the cabin sizes according to the NCL site it seems that cabins are around 10% bigger on the Prima, which I think fits in fairly well with those numbers (I’ve not done any calculations but it sounds about right). 

• Like 3

i have no idear what the pod would be, the place would match there.

thinkerball maybe VR Room? or fitness studio?

the glass front in the middle garden cafe?

big glass front at the front observation lounge and below the spa ?

many more questions.............

Edited by Steff79

On 5/12/2021 at 5:44 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

Kick back with the stars, both in the sky and on the big screen, at our outdoor movie nights, or circle up around the fire pit to unwind after another incredible day at sea.

820x460-OB24-Indulge-Firepit.jpg

wonder where the big screen will be?

screen with projector between the white posts?

to the post before:

btw, where here is fat tuesday is at the deck plans the Local

Edited by Steff79

For everyone who keeps bringing up the Fat Tuesday blueprints, that area is the same area currently labeled as The Local on the deck plans.  Either they were thinking of changing the concept and decided not to, or that was just a placeholder name.

4 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

For everyone who keeps bringing up the Fat Tuesday blueprints, that area is the same area currently labeled as The Local on the deck plans.  Either they were thinking of changing the concept and decided not to, or that was just a placeholder name.

Oh, good point.  Not sure how I missed that.

On 5/12/2021 at 7:47 PM, SeaShark said:

Not based on MSC Seaside's design, it is based on Fincantieri's Project Mille design.

MSC also based their Seaside class on this design.

Virgin Voyages based their ships on this design as well.

Nothing new here, Norwegian's Prima class (project Leonardo) is simply NCL's take on a ship class (project Mille) that was already designed.

Much like this thread is simply a rehash of other threads on the very same topic.

Oh boy I guess we should not talk about any new ship then - since basically boats have been at sea for a few thousand years........

• Like 5

A lot of views of the rounded deck structure of the stern (Aft end) -

But look at the front and the hull is no longer a knife like projection cutting through the sea.

It is the inverse and of course below the water is that bubous*** rounded nose -

No more cruisers cutting through the surf.

*** LINK:

What's The Importance Of Bulbous Bow Of Ships? (marineinsight.com)

• Like 3

Prima will provide a spectacular journey, and I'll be onboard 854 days from now, God willing. Booked a studio on the 14-day R/T London to Ireland, Iceland, and the Norwegian Fjords in Sept 2023. Love the itinerary, and the dates allow me to escape Florida's oppressive heat and humidity during the peak hurricane month.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Eggs2Go said:

Prima will provide a spectacular journey, and I'll be onboard 854 days from now, God willing. Booked a studio on the 14-day R/T London to Ireland, Iceland, and the Norwegian Fjords in Sept 2023. Love the itinerary, and the dates allow me to escape Florida's oppressive heat and humidity during the peak hurricane month.

I’m booked on that one too. Hoping they will add a transatlantic from Southampton. I’d rather sail home!

• Like 3

On 5/13/2021 at 8:11 AM, littlelulu01 said:

Has anyone compared the Haven area’s to other Haven ships?  There’s a lot of Haven suites- quick glance it looks to me to have more Haven staterooms than any other ship yet it also has very little Dedicated Haven common space.  Nice that it has a dedicated elevator. Looks fine for a warm weather sailing but seems odd this ship is sailing Norwegian Fjords, Iceland...and not the Mediterranean.  

There are 107 Haven suites on the Prima. I looked at a couple others. 75 on Epic and 95 on escape and Joy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Seems to have lots of info about the Haven area, but are they going to have kid oriented stuff?  Like the ropes course, arcade, pools, etc?  That's what I liked about the Breakaway, it seemed to have stuff to keep the kiddos occupied.

Yes, there will be.

Almost certainly there will be a race track and a VR zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Eggs2Go said:

We're booked for July 2023 on that  same itinerary.  Hopefully by then, the vacc/mask hysteria will have died down.  We're also trying to move our Aug 2021 Gem cruise to Jan 2023 on Prima. 

August is not a good month to be cruising in the Caribbean (I'll never forget August, 1992 - something called Hurricane Andrew). 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, Eggs2Go said:

I was going to book that exact same cruise on the Prima, however, I elected to book the 10-day from Reyjkavik, Iceland to Southampton, England to form our 2nd "rodent" cruise 😉. Am I right @Sailing12Away?

Edited by texasaggies

On 5/15/2021 at 3:04 PM, jonbgd said:

While im not shy and very proud of being a member of the balcony club on many ships🤯

I know Dw is shyand doesnt like people staring in our balcony.

Besides we dont want to get kicked off the ship if we decide join another ships balcony club

Waaaaay too much information.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2