Princess cruises this season

11 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

vaxxers rejoice.

It won’t be mandatory anymore.

Vaccination will now be encouraged.

Speaking to 3AW’s Neil Mitchell this morning, he said it needed to be administered to about 95 per cent of the population to be effective.

“I would expect it to be as mandatory as you can possibly make it,” he told the radio host.

But now Mr Morrison has explained on 2GB that the vaccination won’t be compulsory, though it will be “encouraged”.

“There’s been a bit of an overreaction to any suggestion of this, there will be no compulsory vaccine,” he said.

In other words, the benefits will be limited.

16 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Interesting news —

The British company developing the drug has said that no deal has actual been done. A letter of intent, but no specifics of costs, number of doses, delivery dates, or capacity to manufacture.  CSL has also said they are unsure of their ability to manufacture the drug in Australia I the timeframe or quantities.

No corona virus vaccine, no deal - says it all. 

When an effective vaccine does become available there will be no need to worry about the anti vaxers . We will all be protected and able to fight off the virus . Life will return to normal but the virus will still be around looking for a home and it won’t take very long until there  won’t be any anti vaxers left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

When an effective vaccine does become available there will be no need to worry about the anti vaxers . We will all be protected and able to fight off the virus . Life will return to normal but the virus will still be around looking for a home and it won’t take very long until there  won’t be any anti vaxers left.

Like natural attrition, I like it.

• Like 1

We just cancelled our river cruise in March 2021 as Allan Joyce announced that he was not expecting international travel to start again until mid July 2021. March was too much of a risk.

we have booked onto a river cruise over Christmas to see the markets and do my fathers 75th birthday.

for March 2020 I had purchased rewards seats in premium economy but will wait for those to be cancelled by qantas.

18 hours ago, Esilef said:

We just cancelled our river cruise in March 2021 as Allan Joyce announced that he was not expecting international travel to start again until mid July 2021. March was too much of a risk.

we have booked onto a river cruise over Christmas to see the markets and do my fathers 75th birthday.

for March 2020 I had purchased rewards seats in premium economy but will wait for those to be cancelled by qantas.

I couldn't see that a European cruise in March 2021 would go ahead. Maybe one year later ......

19 hours ago, Esilef said:

A wise move.😉

On 8/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

No Vax . . . No Cruise. we do not want the non-vaxers with us on a cruise.

We are looking at doing a Christmas markets river cruise with APT December 2021. This is my fathers 75th birthday trip. Yep we are combining all our lost travel into 1 big party for him. 

are we best to book a French balcony or window cabins?

On 8/21/2020 at 8:37 AM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

A wise move.😉

maybe so but I was really looking forward to the cruise and seeing the tulips in Amsterdam. I am a big fan of bulbs and they do them so much better in Europe.

my fathers thoughts are that it’s his 75th and he might as well enjoy it to the upmost and pass him another glass of wine. He’s on holidays 

6 minutes ago, Esilef said:

We are looking at doing a Christmas markets river cruise with APT December 2021. This is my fathers 75th birthday trip. Yep we are combining all our lost travel into 1 big party for him. 

I think December 21 for a overseas adventure may be a bit ambitious .

21 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Seriously I would not book a cruise departing from an international port until it is certain it would go ahead. Otherwise you're just letting yourself in for a lot of pain trying to get refunds.

Look at pictures of the cabin types to see exactly wherevthe windows are. On some river boats they are up near the ceiling, just a narrow strip. That lets light in but you can't see out. Usually decks that have floor to ceiling windows have the French balcony. The higher the deck the better the view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Seriously I would not book a cruise departing from an international port until it is certain it would go ahead. Otherwise you're just letting yourself in for a lot of pain trying to get refunds.

Look at pictures of the cabin types to see exactly wherevthe windows are. On some river boats they are up near the ceiling, just a narrow strip. That lets light in but you can't see out. Usually decks that have floor to ceiling windows have the French balcony. The higher the deck the better the view.

the main issue is that we now have credits that we want to use. They are not offering refunds.

i had a look and to be able to look out the windows I’d need to stand on a chair. 

10 minutes ago, Esilef said:

the main issue is that we now have credits that we want to use. They are not offering refunds.

i had a look and to be able to look out the windows I’d need to stand on a chair. 

Ah, well hopefully you can just keep pushing those credits forward. That would be one of the few reasons to book at this time.

And you probably wouldn't see much even if you did look out the window, just the banks of the river. We did a Rhine river cruise back in 2008. We picked a cabin on the topmost of the accommodation decks and didn't regret the extra cost at all. We had wonderful views. People we talked to who were on the deck below said they were a bit disappointed with the views. I can't recall talking to anyone in the window cabins.

• Like 1