wishful thinking I know

abqmommyof4

I know this is wishful thinking, but I think it  would go  a long  way   in customer service for Princess and other companies  to  go ahead and give  cruise  credits  for those  cruises paid in  full and then  cancelled by them.

Just my Opinion 

I agree but I also think it would be a good thing for them to give us back what we paid for a March 19th cruise and still have not received a refund, Just venting, but I think it is time for this to have been handled. Forget the credits, give folks back the money they gave the company and could use with all that is going on now.....So much credit will be given to so many folks that Princess will not make much money on cruises on 2012 with all of us using pent up FCC. Just my humble opinion.

I have a cancelled cruise with Princess and was offered a FCC plus 100% or a refund but it was not fully paid.   Do they not do something similar if you had fully paid?

We hope you will stick with us by accepting this special Double your Deposit Future Cruise Credit offer:

• Transfer the money deposited for your vacation as a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) and Princess will provide a matching bonus non-refundable FCC for the same amount up to the base cruise fare amount of the current cruise (minimum $100AUD/NZD per person).

Alternatively, you can forfeit the bonus FCC and request a refund for all money paid on your booking by using this online form ❯. If we don't hear from you by August 31, 2020, you will automatically receive the default FCC offer.

Edited by casofilia

On 8/19/2020 at 6:49 AM, abqmommyof4 said:

I know this is wishful thinking, but I think it  would go  a long  way   in customer service for Princess and other companies  to  go ahead and give  cruise  credits  for those  cruises paid in  full and then  cancelled by them.

Just my Opinion 

Sigh... Really???

Princess promised me the cost of gratuities, Internet, and PBP for 33 days. I suppose they should give me the cash value of those things they promised even though I won't be on the cruise? Why do people always expect to get something for nothing. Yes, they cancelled your cruise. You didn't cruise. Why should you get "credit" for having done so?  I am constantly amazed by things like this. This is the kind of "logical thinking" found in children. "I'm unhappy. Give me something to make me feel better whether I deserve it or not". While you're at it why not ask for a "participation trophy". They seem to be popular these days. Heck, given your premise one could book a large number of cruises right now - knowing they are going to be cancelled - and go from blue card to Elite without ever setting foot on a ship. Heck, you could maybe do it with a single booking. "My World Cruise was cancelled, I never even left the couch, but I'm now Elite. Hurray for me!"  Not...

Sorry if you think I'm being crabby but, then again, I am being crabby.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... Really???

Princess promised me the cost of gratuities, Internet, and PBP for 33 days. I suppose they should give me the cash value of those things they promised even though I won't be on the cruise? Why do people always expect to get something for nothing. Yes, they cancelled your cruise. You didn't cruise. Why should you get "credit" for having done so?  I am constantly amazed by things like this. This is the kind of "logical thinking" found in children. "I'm unhappy. Give me something to make me feel better whether I deserve it or not". While you're at it why not ask for a "participation trophy". They seem to be popular these days. Heck, given your premise one could book a large number of cruises right now - knowing they are going to be cancelled - and go from blue card to Elite without ever setting foot on a ship. Heck, you could maybe do it with a single booking. "My World Cruise was cancelled, I never even left the couch, but I'm now Elite. Hurray for me!"  Not...

Sorry if you think I'm being crabby but, then again, I am being crabby.

Hi Thrak, Your not being crabby your just giving us your opinion. I totally agree with you. Today everyone is looking for something for nothing.

Tony

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2020 at 6:49 AM, abqmommyof4 said:

Just my Opinion 

Hmm, you want to pay for something, get your money back in full and then when the company has to cancel the item you paid for through something that is absolutely no fault of either the company or the customer to get one of the benefits of the item that was under contract?  That makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

Unbelievable.

Tom