Shareholder Email Address ❤

Ombud

I decided to book a mini suite rather than just a premium balcony so I tried to get the shareholder OBC put on it. No response to my fax after 3 hrs so I called. WE CAN FINALLY EMAIL OUR INFO IN!! The email address is: sbpcl@princesscruises.com 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

@Ken the cruiser it happened while I was on the phone. She emailed me and I had the form & email address while on the phone too. The only requests were that the brokerage account # be blocked out and that the statement be recent. I now have the shareholder OBC on the next 3 cruises (4/21, 8/21, & 4/22)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! That is great news as we would always go to the nearby UPS store to fax it in the request form. BTW @Ombud how long did it take to get the OBC posted to your account?

I have many cruises down the line. The most recent booked was last week for a cruise NOV 2021. I took my CCL form to the local FEDEX location and the OBC was in my account by the time I got home three hours later. 🙂

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Ken the cruiser it happened while I was on the phone. She emailed me and I had the form & email address while on the phone too. The only requests were that the brokerage account # be blocked out and that the statement be recent. I now have the shareholder OBC on the next 3 cruises (4/21, 8/21, & 4/22)

Cool!!

She stated its actually easier to email it in as she's working from an alternative site and can responded to email requests faster. Something she was pushing for before COVID-19. Welcome to the 21st century (a few yrs late)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This morning I sent an email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com in an attempt to confirm that we can now submit our SHB requests via email to Princess. So far I have not received a response. If and when I ever get a response, I'll post it on this thread. Here's what I asked:

Hi there!

Quick question. We read yesterday on a Cruise Critic thread that we can now send shareholder benefit requests, which would include a recent copy of our brokerage statement along with the Princess cruise booking information, to this email address and it would be processed. Prior to this we were under the impression you could only submit it via fax or through the US Postal Service. Is this true?

Thanks and stay safe!

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This morning I sent an email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com in an attempt to confirm that we can now submit our SHB requests via email to Princess. So far I have not received a response. If and when I ever get a response, I'll post it on this thread. Here's what I asked:

Hi there!

Quick question. We read yesterday on a Cruise Critic thread that we can now send shareholder benefit requests, which would include a recent copy of our brokerage statement along with the Princess cruise booking information, to this email address and it would be processed. Prior to this we were under the impression you could only submit it via fax or through the US Postal Service. Is this true?

Thanks and stay safe!

I received a response back from Princess with a Shareholder Request Form that I have attached. At the bottom of the pdf file it references you can submit it via email, fax or by mail. Yay Princess and thank you @Ombud for sharing the news about their new email option!!

Their response simply said:

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises. The information you requested has been provided as an attachment to this email message. If you require further assistance, please contact your travel advisor or call 1-800-Princess.

Princess Cruises

Princess Shareholder Request Form Final.pdf

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 5

Thanks so much for sharing.  An email address is good news indeed.  But I noticed in the small print at the bottom of the page that "^Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date."

So we're back to the 3 month rule?

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

Thanks so much for sharing.  An email address is good news indeed.  But I noticed in the small print at the bottom of the page that "^Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date."

Good catch! I just checked the 2015 version of the form and it has the same fine print; although Princess hasn't followed that rule for quite some time now. But, as they say "Proof is the the pudding". The next time we book a Princess cruise, we'll see if our SHB request gets rejected if the submission date is more than 3 months from the sail date. Apparently it didn't get rejected when @Ombud had one processed a couple of days ago.

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This morning I sent an email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com in an attempt to confirm that we can now submit our SHB requests via email to Princess

Why would you doubt Ombud in the first place!?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

I have not heard of it being enforced for quite some time. This year I put in a request for 3 cruises, 2 of them were 6 months out, and the other was over 1.5 years out. They applied the credits in less than an hour.

Ok, good!  The last version of this form I was using no longer had the 3 month rule at the bottom, so when I saw it on this new one I thought maybe the rule had changed back.  Glad to hear that's not the case, even if the form says it is!

image.thumb.png.fd3489ecf8b7de530022921926529cd3.png

I had previously requested and had the OBC applied to my Nov 2020 (before it was cancelled) and my February and Dec 2021 cruises.  Suddenly one day the Nov and Feb cruises had the shareholder OBC missing, but the Dec 2021 remained.  A small part of me made me wondering if those cruises will be cancelled.

18 minutes ago, Ombud said:

As a shareholder, I would like the 3 month rule to be enforced but it hasn't been in recent years

It was changed to sell more shore excursions.  If it is again 3 months, I would expect it to revert to the unlimited when COVID settles down.

Selling shore excusions is a profit center, even for shareholders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

I'm booked for September 15, 2021. I sent in my Shareholder Request and it was applied almost immediately. The cruise is more than a year from now.

• Like 1