Shareholder Email Address ❤

Ombud

2 hours ago, thinfool said:

It was changed to sell more shore excursions.  If it is again 3 months, I would expect it to revert to the unlimited when COVID settles down.

Selling shore excusions is a profit center, even for shareholders.

Sorry, I don't see the connection between requiring a brokerage statement within three months of getting a shareholder credit and selling more excursions...

Please explain

34 minutes ago, Av8tor said:

Sorry, I don't see the connection between requiring a brokerage statement within three months of getting a shareholder credit and selling more excursions...

Please explain

popular excursions sell out ... it "used to be" that you could book excursions and basically pay for them at the end of the cruise when your onboard account was "settled", which is no longer the case

excursions now must be paid for at the time of booking the excursion by either a charge to your credit card ( for example ) or by using posted OBC such as shareholder credit 

so the sooner the credit is posted, the sooner you can use it to book and pay for excursions

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Please explain

Say you have an Alaskan trip planned on Princess...there is a very popular excursion (sells out often) that you want to take...the sailing is 5 months away....you cannot or will not pony up the payment out of your pocket but you could commit your Shareholder Credit against the cost of the excursion.  I think you can think this thru.

BTW, this is a very real example.  When Princess began requiring up front payment for excursions, rather than payment after participation there was an explosion of protest.  (check the Princess boards from several years ago)  Then they found out that the Shareholder benefit could not be used unless it was less than 3 months old...again, lots of howling.

Hence, CarnivalCorp began approving Shareholder Benefits almost as soon as you booked, even if it was a year or more away.

Will it return?  Stay tuned.

On 8/27/2020 at 5:17 PM, Ombud said:

@Ken the cruiser it happened while I was on the phone. She emailed me and I had the form & email address while on the phone too. The only requests were that the brokerage account # be blocked out and that the statement be recent. I now have the shareholder OBC on the next 3 cruises (4/21, 8/21, & 4/22)

I need help here.

I can download my statement to attach to the email, but I don't know how to redact the account #.

Can anyone help me here?

In the past, I've copied the page, black marked out what I wanted, and faxed it from home.

TIA

Edited by 2 cruises a year

I do it on the Droid. (Samsung 9). 1st I download it. Then I take a screenshot to capture it as a picture (Schwab won't let me take a screenshot of the statement.) Then I go into edit and select text. Make a black box and move that over my account #. Then save. Easy peasy 

7 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I need help here.

I can download my statement to attach to the email, but I don't know how to redact the account #.

Can anyone help me here?

In the past, I've copied the page, black marked out what I wanted, and faxed it from home.

TIA

Do you have a printer that will allow you to scan a page to a file on your computer? If so, that's another way to do it.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Do you have a printer that will allow you to scan a page to a file on your computer? If so, that's one way to do it.

Thanks for the feedback.  But I'm looking for a way to redact the document and attach it directly.  If I have to print it to to redact it, and then scan it, I haven't really saved anything.  I can just go ahead and fax it like I always have  Trying to save a tree, and not have to trade my next cruise for the cost of printer ink. 😉

• Like 1

If you have Windows 10 you can "snip" anything that is on the page and then use the pen function to black out whatever you like. If you are unfamiliar with the Snip function just hit the Windows Key or click to open the programs menu and type the word "snip". Unlike a regular screen shot you can snip anything that is on the screen. Here is an example:

image.png.e859bace7ba2f191450cdce01d0e247e.png

Of course I normally just black out the account number. Above I also blacked out our names and address. I do the same with the portion of my statement that shows my CCL holdings. I past both of these into a Word document. I also "snip" the cruise info from the Personalizer on the Princess site and past that into the document. I simply use faxzero (free online) to send the Word doc to Princess. Apparently I could now simply attach it to an email. It's really easy to do. I'm always amazed at the fact that nobody seems to be aware of the "snip" function built into Windows 10.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ombud said:

As a shareholder, I would like the 3 month rule to be enforced but it hasn't been in recent years

The reason it was not enforced was once Princess started requiring that all pre-cruise reservations for excursions had to be paid at the time of booking instead of on the cruise itself, people could no longer use stockholder OBC to help pay for excursions which are often available to be booked six or more months before the cruise.

So responding to "popular demand," Princess started allowing the benefit to be applied anytime after the cruise was booked, even before the 3-month window and even before the benefit was extended for the next year.

If they are back to enforcing the three month limitation, there will again be many unhappy Princess cruisers who must pay in advance for excursions without access to that stockholder OBC.

11 hours ago, thinfool said:

Hence, CarnivalCorp began approving Shareholder Benefits almost as soon as you booked, even if it was a year or more away.

Although the stockholder benefit can be used for a cruise on any Carnival Corp owned brand, I think Princess is the only brand that allows use of posted OBC to pay for excursions booked in advance.

Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

The reason it was not enforced was once Princess started requiring that all pre-cruise reservations for excursions had to be paid at the time of booking instead of on the cruise itself, people could no longer use stockholder OBC to help pay for excursions which are often available to be booked six or more months before the cruise.

So responding to "popular demand," Princess started allowing the benefit to be applied anytime after the cruise was booked, even before the 3-month window and even before the benefit was extended for the next year.

If they are back to enforcing the three month limitation, there will again be many unhappy Princess cruisers who must pay in advance for excursions without access to that stockholder OBC.

True, but really?  On a several $1000's cruise, what is another $100 to pay out in advance and the SHB can be additional OBC to spend?  I guess $250 might be another story for some.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

True, but really?  On a several $1000's cruise, what is another $100 to pay out in advance and the SHB can be additional OBC to spend?  I guess $250 might be another story for some.

During that time you also couldn't use your Princess military OBC to pre-book excursions. That could be a sizeable chunk, up to $250 each, if both passengers were retired from the military.

On 8/27/2020 at 6:55 PM, Ombud said:

I decided to book a mini suite rather than just a premium balcony so I tried to get the shareholder OBC put on it. No response to my fax after 3 hrs so I called. WE CAN FINALLY EMAIL OUR INFO IN!! The email address is: sbpcl@princesscruises.com 

I mailed in the required documentation to Princess HQ a couple of weeks ago but the CCL shareholder benefit has not been applied to my three cruises in 2021.  After reading your post I sent an email with the form and brokerage statement to the email address you provided.

Thanks for sharing this information on Cruise Critics.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Items people use OBC to pay with:

Internet

Gratuities

Beverage Package

Shore excursions

Spa

Botiques

Specialty restaurants

Photos

But with the increasing use of the Princess Plus pricing which includes Internet, gratuities and the beverage package, that eliminates most of the main uses for OBC. Thus those who do book Princess excursions, would likely want to use as much OBC as possible to help pay for them.

• Like 2

OK, now I understand why some were/are upset about the 3 month requirement as it relates to shore excursions.  However, I always just use my OBC for gratuities and purchases on board and rarely purchase excursions from the cruise line so I never really thought about that aspect.

What I do find somewhat surprising is that the OBC for stockholders and military is a GIFT from the cruiseline.  It's free money and yet some get upset when the giver puts restrictions on its use... just sayin'

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, caribill said:

Items people use OBC to pay with:

Internet

Gratuities

Beverage Package

Shore excursions

Spa

Botiques

Specialty restaurants

Photos

But with the increasing use of the Princess Plus pricing which includes Internet, gratuities and the beverage package, that eliminates most of the main uses for OBC. Thus those who do book Princess excursions, would likely want to use as much OBC as possible to help pay for them.

The Princess Plus is not always a savings for me. For example: on my next cruise, savers = $3904 less best price = $3304. So a $600 difference on a 15 day cruise. Gratuities =  $217.50 per website, carryon 5 bottles wine = $60. 2 coffee pkgs = 0 (trading mini bar as I drink several cups a day but only 1 glass wine, get 1st drink free on app).  I have never used all my internet minutes. I did the math.

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I have never used all my internet minutes. I did the math.

us either - I also did the math - $ 25 pp pd for "beverage package" ( note, not JUST  alcohol ) works very well for us

seriously, even if it is "just" a couple of glasses of wine at night, it is well worth it

stay safe 

STAY HYDRATED

peace out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

us either - I also did the math - $ 25 pp pd for "beverage package" ( note, not JUST  alcohol ) works very well for us

seriously, even if it is "just" a couple of glasses of wine at night, it is well worth it

stay safe 

STAY HYDRATED

peace out

great way of putting it!! Price it out and if you'll drink more than 1 glass wine, 2 cups coffee, cocoa, and water per day then it can be a bargain. I love water. I know I'm boring

22 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The Princess Plus is not always a savings for me. For example: on my next cruise, savers = $3904 less best price = $3304. So a $600 difference on a 15 day cruise. Gratuities =  $217.50 per website, carryon 5 bottles wine = $60. 2 coffee pkgs = 0 (trading mini bar as I drink several cups a day but only 1 glass wine, get 1st drink free on app).  I have never used all my internet minutes. I did the math.

I agree with you. For anyone who does not need the beverage package, it is a bad deal, period.

In fact, even for my two most recent three-for-free bookings (since cancelled by Princess) voyages, I had changed from three-for-free to the Princes Savers fare because even with paying for gratuities and giving up the OBC it costs less to do so.

But I suspect most new bookings are at the Princess Plus rate, both by those who would benefit from the beverage package and by those convinced by TAs what a great deal it is without pointing out it is costing $40/day/person extra.

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

great way of putting it!! Price it out and if you'll drink more than 1 glass wine, 2 cups coffee, cocoa, and water per day then it can be a bargain. I love water. I know I'm boring

I also drink a lot of the "fuzzy" waters ... 'almost' on a 1:1 ratio with alcoholic drinks ... 'almost' ... but it's nothing for me to go thru 4-5-6 bottles of water a day on a warm weather cruise

STAY HYDRATED 

1 minute ago, caribill said:

I agree with you. For anyone who does not need the beverage package, it is a bad deal, period.

But I suspect most bookings are at the Princess Plus rate, both by those who would benefit from the beverage package and by those convinced by TAs what a great deal it is without pointing out it is costing $40/day/person extra.

it's only $ 40 if you remove the grats ... otherwise, it's $ 25 ( completely disregarding unlimited interwebs )

6 hours ago, caribill said:

But I suspect most new bookings are at the Princess Plus rate, both by those who would benefit from the beverage package and by those convinced by TAs what a great deal it is without pointing out it is costing $40/day/person extra.

It isn't costing that much "extra". Take out the gratuities and it's down to the cost of a couple of Chairman of the Board martinis or a couple of 24k Gold Margaritas a day. (With the gratuity they run over $11 each.) Add in one glass of wine at Vines and you are well over the "extra" amount that can be attributed to the drink portion of the package. That's not really heavy consumption. Throw in coffee and both "regular" water and "snazzy" water and it's a no-brainer for many.

• Like 2