L & S Question

Beardie

Cancelled cruise was from 3/20. We had a balcony guarantee which resulted in a very nice oceanview cabin. We were definitely lucky to avoid a partial view etc. If we L & S, should we assume that we might get any type of balcony (blocked view, bad location etc.)? Wish we could have the cabin originally assigned!

Also, since this was from last March, 2020. does the L & S have to be to March, 2021, or can it be to March, 2022? We're wondering if things will be back to normal by March, 2021!!

I'm trying to figure out how you still have a booking for a March 2020 cruise???

We had two July 2020 bookings which were cancelled...and, IIRC, I had a limited time in which to opt for the Lift-and-Shift...which we did...though ours got a little more complicated and had to be worked out...

We did switch one of our back-to-backs for the same cruise in July 2021...and they assigned us the EXACT cabin we had for 2020 (The other one, we changed ships--and they gave us a cabin in the same category in about as close a location to the one we had as possible--even though it was a different class of ships)...

But, my understanding is that it has to be within a 30 day time frame exactly one year forward...OTOH, I also know that things CAN be worked out--though it may take some negotiation...

But...I can't believe your booking wasn't either cancelled/refunded or converted to FCC...

Edited by Bruin Steve

From the FAQ

For all other cancelled sailing dates, if a guest receives their Future Cruise Credit after June 10, 2020 they may elect “Lift & Shift” no later than September 30, 2020. Additionally, previously suspended sailings departing March 14 through September 15, 2020 may also “Lift Shift” under the new Cruise With Confidence program but must forgo 25% of the 125% FCC provided.  The decision to “Lift & Shift” previously suspended sailings must be made by September 30, 2020.

It looks like if the OP took FCC they would still be able to L&S.   I'm not sure what they would assign with a GTY.   Since it looks like they had assigned you a cabin category on your prior reservation you could push to be assigned the same category but they probably have a script for GTY that they follow.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, we were given a FCC for 100% of the rate. The same cruise in 2021 is quite a bit higher. We wanted to use the L&S to preserve the rate we paid, but we're not very confident that things will be back to normal by March. My question was if we could use the L&S for the same cruise in March 2022, but it seems from responses here that it would be impossible. Again, we're just not comfortable with 3/21. Really sad as we had such a good cabin on a guarantee.

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, we were given a FCC for 100% of the rate. The same cruise in 2021 is quite a bit higher. We wanted to use the L&S to preserve the rate we paid, but we're not very confident that things will be back to normal by March. My question was if we could use the L&S for the same cruise in March 2022, but it seems from responses here that it would be impossible. Again, we're just not comfortable with 3/21. Really sad as we had such a good cabin on a guarantee.

That helps.  Just L&S to 2021.  If I understand you had a GTY cabin you would receive the same.  If that cruise is cancelled you would be subject with your FCC to the rules then in place.  My guess would be you would be allowed to move to 2022 at the same rate using your FCC.  Will that cruise sail?  All depends.  Opinion here seems 50/50.

I also would CALL them and ask if you could convert that FCC to an L&S to 2021...then hope we're cruising again...if not, then L&S will likely be available to 2022--hopefully they'll have the itinerary available.

As to whether we'll be cruising?  I think it all depends on the availability of a vaccine by then.  We are hopeful...We have back-to-back cruises scheduled for April 2021--a 14 night Japan followed by a 15 night Transpacific--for which we got INCREDIBLE deals (pre-covid--and we got incredible airfare as well).  We already know that the 2022 dates are not quite the same--the Transpacific is two nights shorter and has fewer ports...and it conflicts with a family commitment.  Still, our deal is so good that we'd likely lift-and-shift.  BUT, we are really hoping this pandemic will be over by then...it would have been going on for well over a year by then.  Unfortunately, due to all of the jurisdictions continually "opening up" for alleged economic or political reasons, I don't see us ending it that way.  A vaccine in widespread distribution seems to be our only hope.  Thankfully, several are in Phase Three testing.  We just need them to start popping through to the general use stage...we still have about six months for that to happen.  Fingers crossed.

I'm also one who might suggest doing the L&S to March.  I would double check that if you do that you would still be eligible for Cruise With Confidence where you could cancel the sailing up to 48 hrs prior and get your 100% FCC again.  The down side is I don't think they will let you L&S again.  Of course if you did L&S and they subsequently cancelled there might be new options.

Update on our L and S which was very straight forward....as opposdd to those with more complex scenarios.

Dh found our cruise on our cruise planner ( thanks to advice here) with the new ship and cruise date.

We called X today ( got through quickly) and were e mailed a new invoice " no 1" ....same price, same OBC.  Rep said same cruise perks would be added eventually,

Rep confirmed our large  FCC would be accepted for part of the  final payment.

Now we have a long wait to cruise again but hopeful it will work out!

Almost 10 weeks since I requested L&S for two cruises (B2B) from 2021 to 2022. I have not received the confirmations (passenger copy) yet, the reservations are blocked because the prices have not been adjusted. If my TA can't help me and Celebrity refuses to talk to me and sends me back to my Travel Agent, Am I condemned to oblivion?

From Faq's 

Q. #41. How will I be notified when my client’s Lift & Shift has been processed?
A: An email confirmation will be sent to Travel Advisor both at time of online submission (via CruisingPower.com), and again when the request has been completed. Please allow up to 72 hours for the booking to be updated.

Edited by gerelmx

Did you look up the cruise you were shifting from on your online Cruise Planner? 

After someone  suggested that on this thread, dh pulled  the res up and the shift had  been accepted. Same confirmation number,  same category, similar itin..same # of nights, same price, same OBC and same perks

( waiting for these to be added). 

Just a diff ship a year later.

But we had to call X for the paperwork

Not sure how or why your  res are blocked?   With the TA involved, it   sounds more complicted than going it alone..or maybe we were just lucky!

Edited by hcat