we miss you

tuolumne couple

We miss going on cruises... we miss opening up cruise critic like it was the Sunday paper, reading all the news of the day, chiming in like it was the editorial. We miss posting pics, checking out our favorite posters, trolling threads and dreaming of our next cruise. We would be gearing up for our annual trip by now.  We miss reading reviews and hot topics. Alas, Dear friends , it will take some time for us, but we will be back. And we will be back. Four Stars strong and looking forward to another cruise. Honestly, we took these precautions (minus the mask) prior to the pandemic, so we get the drill. Just the same we wish everyone a very safe and healthy life as we all return to what we love, eventually. Our time will come, wishing you all love and safe travels. We miss you, all of our fellow cruising buddies. Be well. 

Love, Tuolumne Couple

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ozcruizer said:

Same here.  When I think of cruising this is just what comes to mind.  Miss it sooo much.

DSCF3115.JPG

thanks. We feel the same. no matter how many times we have all experienced being on deck in clear sunny skies. feeling the sun on our chest, hearing the water break against the ship, on calm seas with flying fish and dolphins and sunrises, and sunsets, it never gets old and only gets missed.  i actually took video of walking the deck as i never wanted to forget that feeling, especially when i was shoveling snow! Be Well, See you next cruise!

• Like 1

Tuolumne couple

Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures.  They bring back so many memories of our wonderful days at sea.  There is nothing that soothes the soul (at least mine) more than experiencing the sea, the sunrise or sunset, the smell, the sound, the dazzle on a sunny day,  the damp feeling of fog on your face or the cloud formations on a  rainy day.  Until we can all return--be safe and stay well.

Edited by colonialinnkeeper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, colonialinnkeeper said:

Tuolumne couple

Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures.  They bring back so many memories of our wonderful days at sea.  There is nothing that soothes the soul (at least mine) more than experiencing the sea, the sunrise or sunset, the smell, the sound, the dazzle on a sunny day,  the damp feeling of fog on your face or the cloud formations on a  rainy day.  Until we can all return--be safe and stay well.

Thanks so much. There is something magical about cruising and cruise culture, for sure. Take Care..

• Like 1

Thank you so very much for sharing all the pictures, brought back so many memories for me as well..........cannot wait til we can sail again, I am so ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by doone
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, doone said:

Thank you so very much for sharing all the pictures, brought back so many memories for me as well..........cannot wait til we can sail again, I am so ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, us too! ...stay healthy, be well, and dream of calm seas! Cant wait to meet all of you one day , as we eventually cross paths, or cross seas, or cross our fingers to sail again soon. 

-tuolumne couple

DSCF3683.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, WheelieNick said:

I miss cruising .I miss the safety that a cruise ship meant to me. 
I miss living. 

Your time will come Nick B. I hope to meet you in a not too far future on one of the HAL ships (preferably from Roterdam 😉 ). 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WheelieNick said:

I miss cruising .I miss the safety that a cruise ship meant to me. 
I miss living. 

hang in there ..you aren't alone. we all miss it. I feel like I come to life on board as well. I miss being with you all as we discover and explore new places. I miss all the celebrations on board. Until we meet again, here are a few more pictures to help you dream of your next cruise... 

DSCF2039.JPG

DSCF2043.JPG

DSCF2104.JPG

DSCF2297.JPG

DSCF2360.JPG

DSCF2379.JPG

DSCF2389.JPG

DSCF3054.JPG

DSCF3070.JPG

DSCF3072.JPG

DSCF3109.JPG

DSCF3130.JPG

DSCF3140.JPG

DSCF3151.JPG

DSCF3222.JPG

DSCF3252.JPG

DSCF3269.JPG

DSCF3279.JPG

DSCF3295.JPG

DSCF3307.JPG

DSCF3793.JPG

DSCF3822.JPG

DSCF4081.JPG

DSCF4103.JPG

DSCF4112.JPG

DSCF4193.JPG

DSCF4196.JPG

DSCF4201.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks so much, all of you! I  am so grateful for cruise critic for this platform so that we can all express how much we love and miss the cruising industry. I believe that we all have grown to love the ships, our fellow passengers, our ship mates and crew, not to mention the excursions, the food, the shows, the down time, and the ability to vacate our life while on vacation. The greatest thing I'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. And we love not only Holland America, but each and every one of you. See you in the dining room at 8......

Edited by tuolumne couple
  • Like 2