The Daily for Wednesday Sep 9, 2020

richwmn

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Ann I am missing our other sister's posts. Hopeshe comes back soon! 

☀️☀️☀️

Good morning to all!! To both my sisters 🌺Joy and Ann and to all who were concerned Roy, Rich, Jacqui Angel Cat and TIOGACRUISER thank you for caring!!

Took a long time to catch up on all the posts this am prior to leaving Mammoth!

A lot of smoke but we are safe no worries!!

Our fire department here helped in the Creek fire with the rescues of the campers and hikers at Mammoth Pools area.

We will be on 395 highway to the 5 home. All clear. It takes depending on traffic around 6-7 hours heading home! Tomorrow I will check back in!!

Paisley Shawn and our dear friends who are Shawn’s Godparents and Shawn’s best friend we all had a wonderful time!

Got to go now! Paisley and I are checking on our house make sure all is closed up!!

🌺Hey sounds like your picnic was a great success Joy👍👍👍👍 

I want all to know what a great Daily Family we have! So surprised how you cared!

Denise😊

Have a safe trip back. Have you ever stopped at Copper Top BBQ on 395 in Big Pine?

Oh my gosh. I plan our 395 jaunts so we go through there in time for a meal. 
https://www.coppertopbbq.com

The tri tip is amazing. You can usually order in advance for pick up, and skip a line that can get crazy.

944B1FE9-503D-47A4-899C-711EFAF10734.jpeg

395A8B40-6650-4230-9390-2FF21FB2EC8C.jpeg

01B908AA-86A2-4AE8-B214-D9EFF8EE4FDA.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

I have my trailer hooked up. Under evacuation orders. Four more boxes and we are on the move. Sun was pretty last night at five thirty but it was already dark. 

D16DFD3B-5746-4116-AA74-D1A21D470E7F.jpeg

Oh NO!!!  I hope your home stays safe but most importantly that you can stay safe.

So sorry to hear this 😞

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

I have my trailer hooked up. Under evacuation orders. Four more boxes and we are on the move. Sun was pretty last night at five thirty but it was already dark. 

D16DFD3B-5746-4116-AA74-D1A21D470E7F.jpeg

Southern Oregon here. Dammed fires are ravaging this area. Several coworkers homes have been destroyed. Man this bad year just keeps getting worse. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks Rich and Roy!  Is the Koningsdam going through the canal Again?  

Kazu, love the begonias!  Summer slope, that drink sounds good and Cat so does the wine, had one of the best whites ever from the Loire!  

Hmm, our friend who is a priest told us international buy a priest a beer day was two weeks ago, 😂

We hope to enjoy The last days of summer by heading to the mountains!  

FDB1F9CA-E6D2-4C57-AFBF-91E72DF62B61.jpeg

2900B2AC-E9F4-4561-89DE-01C639DFB07A.jpeg

EFC91A34-3120-4814-A28B-5397BBF1F6C7.jpeg

Enjoy!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Seeing the bear photos reminded me I had a couple of bears (not exactly teddy bears) sitting around in a closet.  Back in the 90's my daughter and son were in college at rivals Ohio State* and Michigan.  At that time, DH and I were at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA for an Oktoberfest event.  I went up to the throw the ring over the bottle booth and won two large stuffed animals.  Well, actually I won the first bear and then in order not to show favoritism  continued working at it until I won the other bear!   What an arm, eh?😁

*officially known as "The Ohio State University" for all our Ohioans here.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNodin&page=1

Not sure why, but your pic does not show up.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for checking in, Linda. Safe travels.

Now if @Andi Land checks in, that would be great. 

Thank you for looking out for us! We are safe. We had been camping for a week and the smoke rolled in and we got home this weekend. My mother in law had a transformer by her house explode and catch her yard on fire. She was out of town at a funeral. Good thing her neighbors were alert and managed to put the fire out. We don’t have any evacuation orders in my county right now. Air quality is in the moderate category. 

The picture is the view from my work window. Where you can normally see the beautiful Columbia River is now covered in smoky haze. 

FBC64C7B-739E-4A7A-810C-AEE38DD2B617.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andi Land said:

Thank you for looking out for us! We are safe. We had been camping for a week and the smoke rolled in and we got home this weekend. My mother in law had a transformer by her house explode and catch her yard on fire. She was out of town at a funeral. Good thing her neighbors were alert and managed to put the fire out. We don’t have any evacuation orders in my county right now. Air quality is in the moderate category. 

The picture is the view from my work window. Where you can normally see the beautiful Columbia River is now covered in smoky haze. 

Thank you for checking in! Glad you are safe. Stay well out there!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

So glad you are ok

Yikes on your MIL’s fire from the transformer.  I am so glad she has good neighbours ❤️. that’s scary

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Not sure why, but your pic does not show up.

You are not alone cat.  It doesn’t show for me either.  Strange as other pics she has posted have shown for me?

• Like 4

Stay safe everyone in Oregon and other states plagued by the fires.  Our Labor Day smoke (from states West of us) has cleared thanks to rain/snow yesterday.  Warming up thru the weekend so our fires remain in question.

Many thanks to all for your wonderful pix and upbeat posts.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

You are not alone cat.  It doesn’t show for me either.  Strange as other pics she has posted have shown for me?

Perhaps you, @bennybear& I have not received our security clearance for that particular picture.

Seriously, it is weird how technology works - when it wants to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Have a safe trip back. Have you ever stopped at Copper Top BBQ on 395 in Big Pine?

Oh my gosh. I plan our 395 jaunts so we go through there in time for a meal. 
https://www.coppertopbbq.com

The tri tip is amazing. You can usually order in advance for pick up, and skip a line that can get crazy.

944B1FE9-503D-47A4-899C-711EFAF10734.jpeg

What is Chippie "Ponch" doing sticking his head inside the window? 😉 

Some more signs

75 hilarious signs that have people cracking up

24-of-the-most-hilarious-yard-signs-ever-written-758x397.jpg

24-of-the-most-hilarious-yard-signs-ever-written-09.jpg

24-of-the-most-hilarious-yard-signs-ever-written-07.jpg

24-of-the-most-hilarious-yard-signs-ever-written-22.jpg

15-hilarious-signs-that-will-make-you-want-to-go-to-church-758x397.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Perhaps you, @bennybear& I have not received our security clearance for that particular picture.

Seriously, it is weird how technology works - when it wants to.

LOL on the security clearance.  I din’t get that email to get it 😂 🤭 

I’m on my IPad most times for the Daily and I don’t usually have problems with pics so there has to be a mystery that we can’t solve.  Technology is wonderful - when it works 😉 

• Like 3

Here’s a picture of the sun this morning. Super red from the fires. The next picture is what my in laws are seeing in their drive home in southern Oregon. 

The other picture is my sweet nephew who turned 1 this weekend. He is the absolute sweetest and his smile is joyful. 

0116078B-CC7E-4B95-9C34-CB10679CDBBB.jpeg

EE6ED22C-A426-4544-9EA9-39077ED026C9.jpeg

C96A7820-7AB8-45A5-9B61-4F610F2FC9EC.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Andi Land said:

Here’s a picture of the sun this morning. Super red from the fires. The next picture is what my in laws are seeing in their drive home in southern Oregon. 

The other picture is my sweet nephew who turned 1 this weekend. He is the absolute sweetest and his smile is joyful. 

0116078B-CC7E-4B95-9C34-CB10679CDBBB.jpeg

EE6ED22C-A426-4544-9EA9-39077ED026C9.jpeg

C96A7820-7AB8-45A5-9B61-4F610F2FC9EC.jpeg

There is no WOW emoji on the like on options on CC so all I can say is WOW 😯 

Awful 😞. Stay safe please.

• Like 4