polll time. What do you think will happen for cruises for 2020

Cruiseboy06

Do you think there will be cruises in 2020  

287 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about resuming of cruises?

• YES IN November
    • yes in December
    • they will start cruising in 2021

Please don't be political!

It's time again for ANOTHER poll lol.    Do you think there will be cruises resuming in November, December, or sometime in 2021?   There are a lot of rumors, speculations, movements of ships, disappearing cruises from Carnival's website, and etc..  

14 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

You need to add "beyond 2021".

To be clear, I did NOT say:

This is what I want

This is what I think

What the cruise lines want

What the cruise staff wants

Or what's convenient for ME (out of NYC so I can walk to the pier)

I said this is an option.  Back in 3/2020 I wouldn't have believed the current status.  Nobody knows the future.  It's just an additional option.

My opinion is mid 2021.  Crystal ball is not giving additional details at this time!

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, tinleypark andy said:

If the CDC sees a spike in the next few weeks, my feeling that cruising is done in 2020.

If they are reliant on a vaccine to restart, I say mid 2021 to resume cruising.

and its spiking almost everywhere. Im mid 2021 myself. hope Im wrong though.

I think its possible that they might start up in "some" capacity in 2020 but very unlikely if cases start trending upward again. I wouldn't have said this earlier but MSC, Costa, etc have started up in Europe this month so there is a small glimmer of hope. But I don't think cruising will resume in the USA until 2021. I hope so as I have a cruise in March booked. 

1 hour ago, tinleypark andy said:

If the CDC sees a spike in the next few weeks, my feeling that cruising is done in 2020.

If they are reliant on a vaccine to restart, I say mid 2021 to resume cruising.

Spikes are expected, especially considering the rule breakers. Also waves. Some of what is hitting other countries could be the second wave while the US is still stuck in the first.

With temperatures about to start cooling off (hopefully) more people will be indoors and more opportunity for the virus to spread. and we haven't even started flu season, yet.

Given the precautions the ships sailing are taking, a cruise ship might be the safest place to be.

• Like 1

My bet would bet would be on a “soft” restart with a limited number of ships sometime Nov/Dec depending on Covid situation and restrictions. This would give a chance to test protocols how to operate with new constraints as well to be able to stagger re-staffing and get all the ship upgrades and certificates/inspections up to date. 

17 hours ago, tybrkr17 said:

I think its possible that they might start up in "some" capacity in 2020 but very unlikely if cases start trending upward again. I wouldn't have said this earlier but MSC, Costa, etc have started up in Europe this month so there is a small glimmer of hope. But I don't think cruising will resume in the USA until 2021. I hope so as I have a cruise in March booked. 

The big difference being Europe has the virus under control.  Right now the US has 25% of the world's cases of it.  I see big spikes coming with the flu season right around the corner.  That and the amount of people that have the attitude that they won't get it so they aren't following the guidelines of safe distancing.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1