not staying logged in

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you.  I knew someone would point me in the correct direction.  I finally read the red banner.  OOPs.

You are most welcome!  emo34.gif

Glad to be of service,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1

Happy Thursday All!

My team has made some changes that we believe will solve the varying degrees of log in / log out issues some of us have been experiencing.  This is not easy for us to test since many of us had not had the issue or only had it intermittently.  

If you are still experiencing any of the issues:

• Being logged out either randomly or repeatedly
  • Not being able to log out
  • Not able to log in

The first thing to be done is to delete our cruise critic cookies.  The issue was with a specific cookie we used to keep you logged in - and we have made a change to that cookie.  When you log back in we will set a new log in cookie and this should alleviate the problems.

I know many of you have cleared cookies in the past and know how, but just in case this site goes over the way to do so in multiple browsers:  Clear Cookies for One Site

After you clear our cookies and log back in - I would be grateful if you could report back here or send me an email to let me know if your issues are resolved.

Thank you for your help and patience

37 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

After you clear our cookies and log back in - I would be grateful if you could report back here or send me an email to let me know if your issues are resolved.

Thanks, and I've done as you said, so we'll see.  Will report back tomorrow, since this morning before I cleared the cookies, I was being logged out repeatedly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

The first thing to be done is to delete our cruise critic cookies.  The issue was with a specific cookie we used to keep you logged in - and we have made a change to that cookie.  When you log back in we will set a new log in cookie and this should alleviate the problems.

Thanks Jenn for plugging away at this. Intermittent problems are always the toughest to solve.

I've just deleted the CC cookies from all of my devices.  Let's hope this does the trick!

• Thanks 1

Not working so well for me.  I can't log out, no matter how many times I try.  And when trying to access threads or roll calls, it takes forever to load and then typically kicks me out or goes blank.  

1 hour ago, aungrl said:

Not working so well for me.  I can't log out, no matter how many times I try.  And when trying to access threads or roll calls, it takes forever to load and then typically kicks me out or goes blank.  

Have you cleared the cc cookies recently?

It sure seems promising so far. I haven't exercised it nearly as much as I had been before yet, but will over the next few days. But 2 days so far and nothing seems to have gone wrong and I've remained logged in.

For my original issue, I've not encountered the spurious logging out once since having deleted cookies and logged in again. Things in that respect seem stable so far.

For others still experiencing some sort of issue, perhaps it would also a good idea to ensure no old scripts are being cached by forcing a full refresh of everything from this site... typically holding the SHIFT key while clocking on the REFRESH icon, or pressing SHIFT-F5. I'm not sure offhand what would be the equivalent on a mobile browser. 🙂 I would do that after first deleting all cookies associated with cruisecritic.com too.

• Thanks 1

Delete the cookies for the site.

1) Close all the browser windows that you may have open that are showing a cruisecritic.com web page.

2) Click on the "..." in the upper right corner and pick "Settings"

image.thumb.png.be6c81a3f5ccf06c3faaa73959916507.png

3) On the settings page, select "Cookies and site permissions" from the left column.

image.png.431a03be995c2fb09005fb3573b1f522.png

4) On the right-hand side of the page at the top click on "Manage and delete cookies and site data".

image.thumb.png.477eb51838057d8698aeeb367befe08f.png

5) Click on "See all cookies and site data"

image.thumb.png.188c25f0dca99516fa53c741a5542feb.png

6) Type "cruisecritic" in the search box.

image.thumb.png.5195416a233f85abc32dd0f7afc80dc0.png

7) Click on "Remove all shown" and confirm in the popup that you want to clear the site data.

image.png.853ca1f5f13ddbd5726fd0d253215fb3.png

😎 Open a new window and go to "www.cruisecritic.com" the click on "Boards" in the upper right corner. You should now see you are logged out because you should have a "Log In" link to click on in the upper right now. If you still see a "Log Out" option instead, try refreshing the page while holding the SHIFT key down (or pressing SHIFT-F5). If it's still showing "Log Out" go through the steps for deleting cookies again and see if it shows there are any there after you enter "cruisecritic" in the search box following the steps above. If cookies for the site have been deleted, you should simply not be logged in anymore when seeing web pages displayed from the site.

image.png.7bdb513d80ea0025c87ae23acc3efc93.png

9) Click on Log In and enter your username and password as usual.

Edited by dswallow
  • Thanks 2