not staying logged in

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

On Safari on my iPad right now. Switched from one forum to another and was logged out when the second forum opened. I’d cleared my CC cookies the other day, that hasn’t helped. 

Do you remember the exact sequence of how you switched forums?

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Do you remember the exact sequence of how you switched forums?

I clicked “boards” at the top right on the screen, brought up the home page of the boards, and then clicked on the forum I wanted to switch to. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I clicked “boards” at the top right on the screen, brought up the home page of the boards, and then clicked on the forum I wanted to switch to. 

I never click on boards or log on from the the top of the page home screen. On a computer I click Forums on the left side , which is next to Activity  to get the list of forums. Cruise Critic  seems to have two login systems, one for the main Cruise Critic home page and another for the forums (Cruise Critic Community). I only do Cruise Critic Community for my log in). Could be the two logins are getting confused. Try doing everything from Community.

Edited by Charles4515

Is anyone else experiencing Cruise Critic logging you out while you are still on line?  Over the past few days, I find that I come to peruse this forum, and I'll have to log in.  Today it's worse.  I can go from one thread to another and get logged out.  Or is it just me?

L.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I never click on boards or log on from the the top of the page home screen. On a computer I click Forums on the left side , which is next to Activity  to get the list of forums. Cruise Critic  seems to have two login systems, one for the main Cruise Critic home page and another for the forums (Cruise Critic Community). I only do Cruise Critic Community for my log in). Could be the two logins are getting confused. Try doing everything from Community.

I appreciate your suggestion, not sure that's the issue, though, since I've been doing it the same way for more than a decade.   And what about on mobile devices? 

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I appreciate your suggestion, not sure that's the issue, though, since I've been doing it the same way for more than a decade.   And what about on mobile devices? 

On my iPad in landscape the same as on my computer. In vertical on my iPad or iPhone on the left is a box that sort of looks like an arrow. click it and one or so clicks takes you to the forum home view with the boards. 

Edited by Charles4515

It hasn't happened to me in a while. I did need to change the privacy settings for boards.cruisecritic.com so I stay logged in.

However, the obvious cause is gremlins.

gremlins.jpg.25fce6f8e61691277e1d054118a1772f.jpg

Edited by POA1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

In vertical on my iPad or iPhone on the left is a box that sort of looks like an arrow. click it and one or so clicks takes you to the forum home view with the boards. 

Hmm... don't see anything like that on my iPhone or iPad (I do know that on the latter, landscape view is desktop mode).

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Hmm... don't see anything like that on my iPhone or iPad (I do know that on the latter, landscape view is desktop mode).

You may not be reading the forums like I do. I have several activity streams but here is a screenshot. Where it says Activity on the top left. Click and it says Home. Click on home. That will bring the list of forums. 

D108B389-9AA7-47A1-AAEA-FF9D3532CC25.thumb.png.19d8b37e95b6877b7f38ffbd71dc67f4.png

Edited by Charles4515

56 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You may not be reading the forums like I do. I have several activity streams but here is a screenshot. Where it says Activity on the top left. Click and it says Home. Click on home. That will bring the list of forums. 

D108B389-9AA7-47A1-AAEA-FF9D3532CC25.thumb.png.19d8b37e95b6877b7f38ffbd71dc67f4.png

Thanks, but I don’t use activity streams, so what I see in the blue box is the name of the specific sub-forum I’m in. So it’s not just a number of clicks to get back to the list of forums, but each of the pages going backwards out of the sub-forum, forum, etc has to load.   I do appreciate your effort to help! 

Try tapping "Cruise Critic Community", left, just above the thread, below the blue toolbar. This will take you to the forum index.

Alternatively, tap the menu button on the right (three horizontal bars) of the Cruise Criticn Community line. On the slide out 5ap Activity, All Activity. Finally 😁 tap Home on the left of the blue menu bar.

This explanation is longer than the actual process. You  an instead repeatedly press the blue button, top left of the blue tool bar Each tap will take you up a level. For example, if you are in a thread in the Royal Caribbean forum, tap on the button (it should read Royal Caribbean), this will take you back to the Royal Caribbean forum. The button should now read Cruise Lines "P - Z". Pressing the button will take you back to the list of cruise lines between p & z. The button will now read Categories. Tap it to get to the forums index.

35 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

There is a big long thread about it in the Help forum.  Been happening off and on since last Sept.

Thats seems about right, I've been having it happen to me for months. Don't remember when it started, but its been awhile. Its annoying, also for the roll call forums, which you have to be logged on to post. 

Did they have any solutions posted there. I thought I'd ask before I try and read all of it. If there is not solution then its not worth my time. 

Edited by drowelf

On 2/28/2021 at 12:37 PM, broberts said:

Let's hope you continue to stay logged in. Keep us posted please.

Still no problems with Microsoft Edge, not been logged out at all.  I often switch between forums by using the Notifications dropdown list and clicking on a specific thread, althugh I also go to forums from the bottom Forum Jump menu as well.  I'll go back and try Chrome again this weekend.

Not sure what device you are using, but it has happened to me on the Ipad.  When it does, I shut it down and restart and things seem to go smoothly after that.  CC has several issues.  I often get a server not working message until I restart.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kazu said:

Not sure what device you are using, but it has happened to me on the Ipad.  When it does, I shut it down and restart and things seem to go smoothly after that.  CC has several issues.  I often get a server not working message until I restart.

Well, that's not it because I'm using a laptop.  Thanks though!

L.

11 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Well, that's not it because I'm using a laptop.  Thanks though!

L.

I’ve hit the same problem on my laptop and a reboot often fixes it.  

You’ve probably already tried that 😉 

Howdy y'all emo22.gif

I have moved this thread titled Cruise Critic logging me out.... started today to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it belongs. It has been merged into the existing thread for this matter titled not staying logged in. Please note CC Help Jenn is aware of the situation and is Following the existing thread.

I hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you all aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!
  • Like 2