not staying logged in

I had a problem with being logged out a few months back but it seemed to have resolved. Now (in the last 7-10 days) I am getting logged off all the time, even when active.  For example I can change from one forum to another and will go to post something and I'll be logged out again. Can happen 3-4 times per session. It's very annoying. For reference I use Chrome on a MacBook Pro.

21 hours ago, TheMiz said:

This seems to be a Chrome problem ,  I switched over to Safari yesterday and have not been bumped off since. 

As strange as it maybe I see that Chrome has updated Chrome in some form 4 times this year alone.  They had 7 the entire 2020 year.

Not sure it is only a Chrome issue as I use chrome and haven't had any problem with staying logged in.

Howdy all y'all! emo22.gif

There were two threads for this topic, one on the Royal Caribbean International forum and an existing thread on the Need Help the Forums? Check Here! forum. The thread as been moved to the correct forum and merged into the existing thread.

Per the Cruise Critic software all posts now appear in post date/time order on this one thread. You might want to read back through this newly merged thread to make sure you have seen ALL posts so far. Also, the 6 members Following the RCI thread should now follow this merged thread.

Please note Cruise Critic is aware of the situation and @CC Help Jenn at help@cruisecritic.com is Following. See her post.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have all of you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Me too. Started maybe Thursday or Friday. As per another poster I can be active. For example, in top of forum, click the "first unread post" post icon, maybe a star indicating the page knows I made a post in that thread so I KNOW I was logged in, read the thread, back to "topic listing" link and now logged out.  Earlier made a post, back to top of forum and was logged out.

Even stranger. I made a post successfully. Scrolled to top. See my handled and can click it to access my profile but at the very top is displayed a link to "log in". s/b something like "log out". 

There was at one time a thread for technical issues but don't know where that is now.

Many of us have a series of logouts in a series of days, then no problem for a month before it recurs again. Persistent login is done with session cookies. I am quite sure there is a problem with the logic around these, or, something is damaging the cookies causing them to be invalidated early.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

This is getting beyond annoying.  I'm getting logged out while I'm reading a forum, logged out when I switch forums, etc. 

When are you going to fix this problem?  

(Win10, Chrome.)

Given the relatively few people who have this problem and fewer still as severe as you report, I'd be looking at users' systems and browsers. Not to say that the problem is unrelated to CC, rather I would expect many more complaints if it was entirely at the CC end.

Do you open & close multiple cc tabs during a session?

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

Given the relatively few people who have this problem and fewer still as severe as you report, I'd be looking at users' systems and browsers. Not to say that the problem is unrelated to CC, rather I would expect many more complaints if it was entirely at the CC end.

This has been going on so long I've gotten tired of coming on to post, but it is still happening for me.  And since it's across all my devices  -- Windows 10 laptop, iPad, and iPhone  -- and browsers (Chrome and Safari) -- it's hard to see it as anything other than a CC issue.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, broberts said:

Do you open & close multiple cc tabs during a session?

As you can see above, we've been through all this and it's been going on now for months. If you mean multiple tabs in CC, no.

4 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

As you can see above, we've been through all this and it's been going on now for months. If you mean multiple tabs in CC, no.

I am well aware of how long this bass been occuring. In fact it has survived several updates. This again suggest thee is is related to something in the user's system.

Do you use a vpn?

7 minutes ago, broberts said:

I am well aware of how long this bass been occuring. In fact it has survived several updates. This again suggest thee is is related to something in the user's system.

Do you use a vpn?

No.  And oh, since I'd been off in another Chrome tab for a few minutes, I HAD TO LOGIN again to answer this.  I've been through it all.

I'm going to try another browser for a while, we'll see...

Okay, I'm switching to Firefox for CC only for a while, stay tuned.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheMiz said:

It has been 3 weeks since I switched to Safari

I logged in 3 weeks ago and still have not been kicked off.  

I might go back to chrome and see how it is now, there was another Chrome update yesterday

I have been kicked off Safari on my iPhone a few times.

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I have switched to Microsoft Edge on my WIn10 PC, for CC only, and so far it hasn't logged me out.  Chrome is the culprit perhaps.  I tried Firefox, but it was incredibly slow on my computer, so didn't persist with the test.

Let's hope you continue to stay logged in. Keep us posted please.