not staying logged in

11 minutes ago, Slugsta said:

I'm getting logged out multiple times a day - even though my name and photo appear where they should and there is a big 'log out' at the top right of the page - unable to post or react etc. I actually have to log out and back in again - only for the same thing to happen again later.

That was happening to me the other day.  So far today it’s been fine.  So strange though 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Slugsta said:

I'm getting logged out multiple times a day - even though my name and photo appear where they should and there is a big 'log out' at the top right of the page - unable to post or react etc. I actually have to log out and back in again - only for the same thing to happen again later.

Have you cleared cc cookies and browser cache?

Today I kept getting one of those Chrome "too many redirects" error messages that prevented me from going directly to Cruise Critic.   I cleared my CC cookies and browsing history.  That took care of the redirect message and I was able to log on to CC, but ever since then, I've found myself logged out of CC each time I've come back to it.

Any ideas, anyone?  Thanks!

Edited by Turtles06

4 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Today I kept getting one of those Chrome "too many redirects" error messages that prevented me from going directly to Cruise Critic.   I cleared my CC cookies and browsing history.  That took care of the redirect message and I was able to log on to CC, but every since then, I've found myself logged out of CC each time I've come back to it.

Any ideas, anyone?  Thanks!

The devs are investigating/working on log in issues today.  That could likely explain 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

The devs are investigating/working on log in issues today.  That could likely explain 

Hi @CC Help Jenn , I am still finding myself logged out today on Chrome (Windows laptop) every time I try to visit CC.   Is yesterday's work still going on, or should we be looking into something else?   Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, Turtles06 said:

Hi @CC Help Jenn , I am still finding myself logged out today on Chrome (Windows laptop) every time I try to visit CC.   Is yesterday's work still going on, or should we be looking into something else?   Thanks!

Still being worked on

On 9/1/2021 at 5:13 PM, CC Help Jenn said:

Some settings were changed - if you are still  having the issue please try logging out / clearing cookies.  If that doesn't work please let me know

There is something amiss with Cruise Critic.  Certainly as far as IOS devices that I have are concerned.  I can't "like" a topic, reply and now it seems I can't log out either.  I'm using a PC just now and it's fine.

Phil

5 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There is something amiss with Cruise Critic.  Certainly as far as IOS devices that I have are concerned.  I can't "like" a topic, reply and now it seems I can't log out either.  I'm using a PC just now and it's fine.

Phil

I was experiencing problems on my iPad yesterday. I couldn’t see my notifications, I couldn’t like posts, and if I tried to post it wanted to include the whole thread in my reply!

Earlier today, I cleared cookies for Cruise Critic and it’s been ok since then 

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I was experiencing problems on my iPad yesterday. I couldn’t see my notifications, I couldn’t like posts, and if I tried to post it wanted to include the whole thread in my reply!

I had exactly the same issue on my iPad today. I just cleared the CC cookies and am able to post this normally, so I hope that did the trick. 

8 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Thanks. I did clear my whole cache yesterday and it worked for a while and then reverted, but I've just Googled and know how to clear one site so have done as you did and it's working. For now at least 🤞. Odd this has happened to others though. 

Phil 

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 12:13 PM, CC Help Jenn said:

Some settings were changed - if you are still  having the issue please try logging out / clearing cookies.  If that doesn't work please let me know

I cleared the CC cookies in Chrome on my laptop a few says ago.  All was well until now, when I just found myself logged out.  Thanks.

22 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve had the same problem again today - resolved by clearing CC cookies again.

I don’t know what changes have recently been made, but they seem incompatible with iOS/ Safari

• Like 1

Numerous glitches 6hours ago, now cleared:

• Spinning wheel when hitting notification button
  • replying to a post included whole thread then would not submit
  • like button inoperative 

So frustrating.

Gave up, logged out. Tried again now seems OK, but worried that CC site is becoming totally unstable

(safari on iPad)

• Like 1

Lots of glitches Friday and still this morning. Appeared to be logged in — I could see I had notifications— but only had spinning wheel when I clicked on the notifications. Finally found myself logged out and had to log in again. This was on my iPhone, where I’d already cleared the CC cookies as @CC Help Jenn advised the other day. I’m not sure what work was done, but it seems to have messed things up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Numerous glitches 6hours ago, now cleared:

• Spinning wheel when hitting notification button
  • replying to a post included whole thread then would not submit
  • like button inoperative 

So frustrating.

Gave up, logged out. Tried again now seems OK, but worried that CC site is becoming totally unstable

(safari on iPad)

Exactly what has been happening to me.   This morning I was logged out again too.  I had the spinning wheel (still do) had tried to reply to post which included whole thread, so stopped. Couldn’t like posts…etc etc.  Like button working this morning.

Edited by canadianbear
Saying like button worked now so far