The Daily for Sunday Sep 27, 2020

richwmn

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Today is our 51st anniversary.  A year ago we were on the beautiful Nieuw Statendam starting on a 65-day Med marathon.  Oh the memories 🙂  I think we'll get take-out tonight, maybe Red Lobster...

Happy 51st anniversary!  We had ours about 3 weeks ago, and I feel like someone else on here had their 51st also not long ago.  1969 was a very good year for weddings it seems.  I'm glad you have great memories from your cruise last year to keep you going.  I'll toast you and your spouse at our happy hour tonight.  🥳

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Thank you Rich and Roy for the updates, suggestions, good thoughts, and positive energy!

One happy update. Dh, without thinking, laid down yesterday evening in a way that would have previously sent the room whirling and him with it. But NO vertigo!! Hurray!! It's gone!! The Epley maneuver worked as several of you said it would. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. 

How wonderful FC! Just the kind of news we need!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Ann have a great relaxing day on the river kayaking! Will Bindi go with you today? 

image.thumb.jpeg.ccc2fd2232e5d7cb2f226435709e26f8.jpeg

What a great picture, Sis!  Glad you all had fun.  I would not dare take Bindi out on a kayak. She would go after anything except birds or deer. Then I would have to figure out how to get her out. 😱

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!  

I'm sure we're all wishing we could be world tourists and cruising today -- hoping for much better next year!  Meanwhile I'm planning our next road trip for next spring.  Yellowstone (of course) and adding in Mount Rushmore and Deadwood this time.  We'd hoped to get back to Rocky Mountain National Park and be able to drive the Trail Ridge Road, but after the arctic blast they had our trip a few weeks ago, and researching I learned that it's very touch and go whether it's open due to snow, wildfires, avalanches, etc. etc.  So, since it's a long drive, sadly we're giving up on that idea.

LOL at the hummingbird quote, and I think the drink of the day sounds yummy.  One would probably do it for me though 😉  

Today is our 51st anniversary.  A year ago we were on the beautiful Nieuw Statendam starting on a 65-day Med marathon.  Oh the memories 🙂  I think we'll get take-out tonight, maybe Red Lobster...

Stay safe everyone and wear your masks 🙂 🙂 

Happy Anniversary 🥂,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Greetings all,

We will be tourists tomorrow when we head to our cabin in the woods.   We celebrated River Day by hiking along the Cuyahoga River (famous for having caught fire back in the 1970s) that runs through town.  

Kent 3.JPG

Kent 4.JPG

Kent 5.JPG

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, kplady said:

I'm a Mets fan...need I say more??  They lost to the Nationals today 15-5 - 8 pitchers gave up 11 walks.  Oh well, wait til next year!!!

Laura

We have like, thanks, and ha-ha buttons.  We need a "sorry" button.

Roy

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!  

I'm sure we're all wishing we could be world tourists and cruising today -- hoping for much better next year!  Meanwhile I'm planning our next road trip for next spring.  Yellowstone (of course) and adding in Mount Rushmore and Deadwood this time.  We'd hoped to get back to Rocky Mountain National Park and be able to drive the Trail Ridge Road, but after the arctic blast they had our trip a few weeks ago, and researching I learned that it's very touch and go whether it's open due to snow, wildfires, avalanches, etc. etc.  So, since it's a long drive, sadly we're giving up on that idea.

LOL at the hummingbird quote, and I think the drink of the day sounds yummy.  One would probably do it for me though 😉  

Stay safe everyone and wear your masks 🙂 🙂 

Congratulations on your 51st Anniversary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to be back reading the daily.  Appreciate all the reports.  Love the quote.

Survived our first camping trip with new trailer.  Supposed to have a lot of rain but it cleared up nicely yesterday until dinner time.  Grandkids loved being inside the trailer...even slept inside with us!!  They wanted to know when we will take them again.  

Fall photos are beautiful.  Thanks to all who posted.  Trees are slowly turning here.  Lost a lot of leaves with the heavy winds during the fires.  But will still have a lot to rake up I am sure.

Busy week ahead being the drop off and pick up for the grandkids. Just so happy their school is open for in person schooling. 

DH took the trailer to our home on the coast to clean and store until we go to Colorado in October.  So I lucked out there with that cleaning!! 

Stay well and safe everyone.  

• Like 6