NCL changing refund policy on cancelled sailings

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Effective with the announcement today on cancellations through Nov. 30 NCL is automatically processing refunds for all guests on those sailings AND giving them a coupon for 10% off their next voyage.

No more FCC Option 

Wonder if Royal will follow suite both on the timeline and refund policy.  Haven't followed NCL too much but seems like they have been following the same timelines.  Still would not surprise me for the 2 to merge or something like that

Just now, molly361 said:

Wonder if Royal will follow suite both on the timeline and refund policy.  Haven't followed NCL too much but seems like they have been following the same timelines.  Still would not surprise me for the 2 to merge or something like that

Wondering if occupancy levels are so low on all these Recently cancelled sailings if it was just easier and less costly in the long run to do refunds and a 10% coupon than offer the 125% OBC.

hoping that it doesn’t affect Royals Lift and shift policy although I do like the idea of the refund and 10% off voucher.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Probably better to be posted on the NCL board versus the RCL board.

NCL has been working with RC hand in hand on their health plan and return to sailing.

Since NCL is cancelling and they have this affiliation it does make me wonder if they are working on the same train of thought. There is relevance for this being posted here, even though at initial glance it doesn’t seem like it. Some rumours even have NCL and RC becoming one depending on how long and how severe their economics become. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

Up until today neither had NCL

Did ncl have a larger fcc? I thought I heard 150%? Something more generous than rcl.

We will see. I just havent seen much sign from rcl of budging on better canc terms, but as you say there maybe not many still booked November who havent either canc or lifted and shifted. 

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wondering if occupancy levels are so low on all these Recently cancelled sailings if it was just easier and less costly in the long run to do refunds and a 10% coupon than offer the 125% OBC.

hoping that it doesn’t affect Royals Lift and shift policy although I do like the idea of the refund and 10% off 

Has the majority of people they were going to a L&S already done so?  At least the sailings for this year or early next year.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Did ncl have a larger fcc? I thought I heard 150%? Something more generous than rcl.

We will see. I just havent seen much sign from rcl of budging on better canc terms, but as you say there maybe not many still booked November who havent either canc or lifted and shifted. 

No, NCL had 125%.  Princess had a couple of their initial cancellations at more than 125%.

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

NCL has been working with RC hand in hand on their health plan and return to sailing.

Since NCL is cancelling and they have this affiliation it does make me wonder if they are working on the same train of thought. There is relevance for this being posted here, even though at initial glance it doesn’t seem like it. Some rumours even have NCL and RC becoming one depending on how long and how severe their economics become. 

I'm guilty of propagating that rumor.  See post #2😇

Edited by molly361
  • Haha 1

No, NCL had 125%.  Princess had a couple of their initial cancellations at more than 125%.

Maybe it was discounts for front line workers. Just a impression of being more generous. Yes we will see if rcl follows.

If you were on a cruise that was cancelled in the first few weeks of the cancellations, you were offered 150%.  That extra 50% applied to everything that you paid - taxes, tips, etc.  We were on the 3/14 Escape, and found out about the cancellations the night before we were to sail.  We had spent a few days in the Keys prior, so still got a mini vacation.,  We are rebooked for the Breakaway in May and upgraded to the Haven and a 2 bedroom.  That seemed like a slam-dunk at the time, but so did our November Navigator cruise...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Effective with the announcement today on cancellations through Nov. 30 NCL is automatically processing refunds for all guests on those sailings AND giving them a coupon for 10% off their next voyage.

No more FCC Option 

Is there a deadline for when the coupon has to be used?