Yet another cruising news special to air

It does give you this sinking feeling....

They need a story....

How about all the people who are doing the right thing... are going to round up a posse..

and  deal with the rule breakers..........  lol

Or we could have reporters... getting on CC to find out what is happen in the under world of cruising....lol

I will not be watching...... Don

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 12:29 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The last paragraph is a worry 

When can cruising resume and how safe will it be? Critics warn that if the cruise lines get it wrong the whole industry could go under. The stakes are incredibly high.

The industry is drowning now David, not sunk to the bottom yet, but half way there.  Dramatic terminology in red.

Edited by NSWP

23 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

If you have ever heard of Honey from he r group of followers 'Cruising with Honey' which are mainly Carnival, well she appears on the show, apparently she has an interview and also bakes a melting cake like on the ship.

North American ?

I still find it confounding when the figures to date are 83 Covid deaths in total on cruise ships Worldwide (this is of course because cruising was stopped).
While we have a single State with now over 800 possibly avoidable deaths, and STILL the some in the media hammers on cruising.

I hope this little CH7 event gets the ratings it deserves - 0.

Go figure 🧐😕🙄🤔

• Like 4

Just caught the end of a segment on Seven's Morning show.  Not sure who the cruise expert was but he was say that cruising would end up among the safest ways to travel and a large number of people were anxiously awaiting a return.

From what I saw the whole segment seemed to be championing cruising. 

Of course at the end, the host cheerfully plugged the "special" kicking to the kerb on Sunday night.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 4:25 PM, MicCanberra said:

If you have ever heard of Honey from he r group of followers 'Cruising with Honey' which are mainly Carnival, well she appears on the show, apparently she has an interview and also bakes a melting cake like on the ship.

I bet she will regret been on that show!

4 hours ago, banzaii said:

Just caught the end of a segment on Seven's Morning show.  Not sure who the cruise expert was but he was say that cruising would end up among the safest ways to travel and a large number of people were anxiously awaiting a return.

From what I saw the whole segment seemed to be championing cruising. 

Of course at the end, the host cheerfully plugged the "special" kicking to the kerb on Sunday night.

I saw it too, he seemed very confident that cruising will restart in this neck of the wood soonish. He is the editor of Cruise Weekly, Bruce Piper I think.

Leigh

28 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I hope he is right but doubt it.

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Agree, mic. 

Well st least someone is showing optimism.

The latest ad for Sunday seems to suggest this one might at even feature some pro cruise sentiment.

Yes, I too fear that we are in for another bashing with this programme.  These are a couple of things I posted on a Facebook group....

“The opening of the Channel 7 promotion, under the word ABANDONED in large red capitals, says "Right now, cruise ships, by the hundreds, lying abandoned across the globe"!  Abandoned?  Really?  They haven't even got their facts straight in the first ten seconds of the promotion so you can only imagine how they will fill the two hour time slot allocated to this "7NEWS Event”!”

I was then harassed by another poster about how us “cruise nutters” were “deranged” regarding these “floating virus boats” and wanting to go cruising again.

This was my response to these remarks...

“Proud ‘Cruise nutter’ here ***** and assume that you are too if you are contributing to a Facebook group entitled P&O Australia Cruise Club.  Not sure why you have assumed that we are experts, certainly enthusiasts, and that we would think that the cruise industry will remain as it was.  Not sure either where you have assumed that we think that it’s wrong that the industry is doing all that it can to return in a COVID safe world.  At the end of 2018 there were 314 cruise ships sailing with a capacity of over 500,000 passengers in total.  There have been possibly 12 ships, or ‘floating virus boats’ as you call them, that were affected and perhaps several thousand passengers and crew infected.  Sadly a hundred or so have died globally.  Many of these infections and deaths were not as a result directly of the cruise ship however they were due to the failures of government health and quarantine policies and procedures.  I look forward to watching the programme to see how these facts are presented however, by the look of the promotional advertisement, I won’t hold my breath.  By the way, P&O Australia had no confirmed cases or deaths however were banned from cruising in Australia and the Pacific by our government to the detriment of the economies of our Australian regional communities and Pacific neighbours.”

As they say, all will be revealed!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

Yes, I too fear that we are in for another bashing with this programme.  These are a couple of things I posted on a Facebook group....

“The opening of the Channel 7 promotion, under the word ABANDONED in large red capitals, says "Right now, cruise ships, by the hundreds, lying abandoned across the globe"!  Abandoned?  Really?  They haven't even got their facts straight in the first ten seconds of the promotion so you can only imagine how they will fill the two hour time slot allocated to this "7NEWS Event”!”

I was then harassed by another poster about how us “cruise nutters” were “deranged” regarding these “floating virus boats” and wanting to go cruising again.

This was my response to these remarks...

“Proud ‘Cruise nutter’ here ***** and assume that you are too if you are contributing to a Facebook group entitled P&O Australia Cruise Club.  Not sure why you have assumed that we are experts, certainly enthusiasts, and that we would think that the cruise industry will remain as it was.  Not sure either where you have assumed that we think that it’s wrong that the industry is doing all that it can to return in a COVID safe world.  At the end of 2018 there were 314 cruise ships sailing with a capacity of over 500,000 passengers in total.  There have been possibly 12 ships, or ‘floating virus boats’ as you call them, that were affected and perhaps several thousand passengers and crew infected.  Sadly a hundred or so have died globally.  Many of these infections and deaths were not as a result directly of the cruise ship however they were due to the failures of government health and quarantine policies and procedures.  I look forward to watching the programme to see how these facts are presented however, by the look of the promotional advertisement, I won’t hold my breath.  By the way, P&O Australia had no confirmed cases or deaths however were banned from cruising in Australia and the Pacific by our government to the detriment of the economies of our Australian regional communities and Pacific neighbours.”

As they say, all will be revealed!

There are some fruit loops on that P and O Straya site, the odd bogan hides in there.

Edited by NSWP

So I am getting ready for the doom and gloom Ch7 doco re cruising, bottle of Brown Brothers Port at the ready. I hope I stay awake from 7pm to 9pm. 

I need some Princess popcorn, here it comes....

990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpg

Edited by NSWP

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So I am getting ready for the doom and gloom Ch7 doco re cruising, bottle of Brown Brothers Port at the ready. I hope I stay awake from 7pm to 9pm. 

I need some Princess popcorn, here it comes....

990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpg

So at the start all about Costa Concordia, like what does that have to do with Covid Impact, well the story goes on, now we are going back to Titanic era, zzzz🍷

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So at the start all about Costa Concordia, like what does that have to do with Covid Impact, well the story goes on, now we are going back to Titanic era, zzzz🍷

You are an hour ahead of us in Queensland. I might be well advised to see what my 'southern friends' say about the first hour of the show before I bother tuning in.