Diamond and Suite Concierge?

7 hours ago, twangster said:

When not booked in a suite, a diamond concierge can be leveraged for many of the requests that a suite concierge helps suites guests with.  This could be dealing with unexplained charges on the account or booking onboard activities.  They can be an alternative to standing in lines at guest services for some matters.  If you have a maintenance issue that isn't addressed to your liking they can assist with escalating the matter.

They can be a means to address concerns short of the nuclear option of going straight to the HD.  

I've had them make me replacement key cards and print our bill

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Not a heavy drinker, but for me, the value of the concierge is less than even one drink.

If you don't have any issues or requests on your cruise I can see how concierge services would not be of value to you. 

8 hours ago, RFerrington said:

If they do eliminate or minimize the upper tier Concierge(s), I hope that they have a dedicated suite/upper tier line at Guest Services.

That's a good idea, they've done it before

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Agreed but the past income does nothing for the current bottom line. It’s quarter to quarter. 

M8

That's how it works in my house.  35 years of bringing home my check would mean nothing if I showed up next month without one.  There would be questions, and it would not be a happy time.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Domino D said:

If the ships are going to sail at significant reduction in passengers (or has that changed), you would think that the duties could be covered by Guest Services and/or the Suite Concierge  as you all have suggested.  The lounge events could likely happen during certain hours in another outlet, without significantly displacing other passengers.  I would guess the first question is will all the suites be available, or will the distancing mean they want to limit passengers by deck and/or category.  If this is the case then the Suite Concierge may be able to handle both the suite duties and D/D+/P duties with reduced numbers. 

While there may be an overall reduction in passengers, I contend that the ratio of upper tier to common folk will explode. Doubtful that the quantities of suite passengers will decrease at all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If true, should there be a Suite/Pinnacle line and a line for Diamond/Diamond + members?  Of course setup with social distance. 

First come first serve or Suites/Pinnacle first?

M8

Genies act as concierges as well

• Like 2

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Sure, but it also goes for those who have paid more over the years and have earned DL or CL access.

Respectfully disagree. If everyone is special, no one is. 

Had a better response,  but working on my civility 😉

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Respectfully disagree.  RCCL is going to need to bring back the cruising public, including D and above.  Why do something to take away their expected benefits  Those who expect the public to come rushing back to the ships are out of touch with reality.

And you call yourself a Loyalist 😇

Check out FB, lots of upper tier chomping at the bit😉

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Toilet plugged up, toilet not flushing, leaks, panel falling off the wall, smoke smell in cabin, A/C not working, WIFI not working, no water, mini fridge not working, missing perk items, key doesn't work in door, missing luggage, credits missing,  final bill wrong...I have had them all and could go on with much, much more. 

Though I almost never bother the concierge, with most being calls to GS...not standing in line.  

I call housekeeping for the things in the beginning of your list. Why add another level.

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Sounds right to me. I mean if RCL is dropping staff or conceirges, I would expect those that buy & pay for Suites are to receive the more pampered services.  Spend more... get more.  Spend less... get less. 

But I've spent money in the past.  That should be more important 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

All of that... on one cruise?!?!?!? The worst cruise ever!

I don't know my friend... the only thing for me out of that entire list in 350+ days on RCL is credits missing post cruise (easy phone call fix) and missing perk items (again another easy phone call or quick mention to the DL). If all of those occurred to me, I would not be a RCL customer any longer... especially on one cruise! The cruise from hell.

Missing perk items is a quick trip to the LA

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

While there may be an overall reduction in passengers, I contend that the ratio of upper tier to common folk will explode. Doubtful that the quantities of suite passengers will decrease at all

I don't know, I think it will depend on how it opens and if there are restrictions. If they limit high risk passengers, it could effect the ratio.  I also wonder if they will limit the number of suites sold in proportion to the overall reduction in capacity.  Not sure they would, but it might necessary to establish satisfactory distancing, by spacing people out. 

Not saying, all things being equal, your not right. 

Even if that happens, the question is still overall crew to passenger ratio, isn't it?