Diamond and Suite Concierge?

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just asking, what kind of issues do people have that require a Concierge or GS?

Thanks

M8

Toilet plugged up, toilet not flushing, leaks, panel falling off the wall, smoke smell in cabin, A/C not working, WIFI not working, no water, mini fridge not working, missing perk items, key doesn't work in door, missing luggage, credits missing,  final bill wrong...I have had them all and could go on with much, much more. 

Though I almost never bother the concierge, with most being calls to GS...not standing in line.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Did you bother to actually read my Quote?

I specifically said... "My non-scientific observation..."  I can make a good guess based on age, family size, etc., but again, I said "non-scientific." 

Profiling? 😇

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

Toilet plugged up, toilet not flushing, leaks, panel falling off the wall, smoke smell in cabin, A/C not working, WIFI not working, no water, mini fridge not working, missing perk items, key doesn't work in door, missing luggage, credits missing,  final bill wrong...I have had them all and could go on with much, much more. 

Though I almost never bother the concierge, with most being calls to GS...not standing in line.  

The first thing that came to my mind is the above doesn't say much for the quality of RCL product 🤔

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

I believe you had those issues/problems. I’m glad you qualified that a phone call to GS handled. 

M8

46 minutes ago, marci22 said:

My limit is 1 😉 (really).

I have to say that most concierges have gone above in beyond with requests. It has objectively been a better value than free alcohol. But if you are a heavy drinker that would be up for debate.

Not a heavy drinker, but for me, the value of the concierge is less than even one drink.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Seriously? You have never needed to go to GS for anything?

Nothing 'requires' a concierge, but talking to the concierge can save you from going to GS for whatever problem it is that you are having, minor to major. Non-working room key, over charges, wrong charges, room issues, dining reservation problems, internet log in problems, anything that you would typically go to GS for, you can ask the concierge. 

In the beginning I would always do things myself. Sometimes they would get fixed, sometimes not. Then I started using concierge and I never had a problem. It's a really nice perk, more than free alcohol.

I have used GS before. Last occurrence was for a new SeaPass card. 

M8

24 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

The first thing that came to my mind is the above doesn't say much for the quality of RCL product 🤔

Only if it all happens on one cruise.  Cruise often enough and all kinds of stuff happens, on all cruise lines. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

Respectfully disagree.  RCCL is going to need to bring back the cruising public, including D and above.  Why do something to take away their expected benefits  Those who expect the public to come rushing back to the ships are out of touch with reality.

+1.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

So your position...

Take it away from others but...

Don't take it away from me.

Sounds right to me. I mean if RCL is dropping staff or conceirges, I would expect those that buy & pay for Suites are to receive the more pampered services.  Spend more... get more.  Spend less... get less. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I found that on Oasis as well...with both the concierges in there sitting at their desk at all times.  Never got up to mix it up with the guests...at least that I ever noticed.  

Seems on the smaller ships, we find the concierges are always up and about, even serving drinks and cleaning tables.  Constantly checking on you as well.  

Our DL Concierge on Vision out of Dubai in February 2017 was the busiest ever and got most of our drinks as well as printing our plane tickets for our return to the UK.

He welcomed everyone as they arrived and said goodbye to everyone as they left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

Only if it all happens on one cruise.  Cruise often enough and all kinds of stuff happens, on all cruise lines. 

All of that... on one cruise?!?!?!? The worst cruise ever!

I don't know my friend... the only thing for me out of that entire list in 350+ days on RCL is credits missing post cruise (easy phone call fix) and missing perk items (again another easy phone call or quick mention to the DL). If all of those occurred to me, I would not be a RCL customer any longer... especially on one cruise! The cruise from hell.

24 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Sounds right to me. I mean if RCL is dropping staff or conceirges, I would expect those that buy & pay for Suites are to receive the more pampered services.  Spend more... get more.  Spend less... get less. 

I think, my opinion only, many here want to spend less, and expect Suite Perks. It’s simple, book a Suite or become a Pinnacle. 

M8

• Like 1

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Since NV seems to be a startup ship we can look at her.  Perhaps the Star Lounge will be used for a happy hour event with the DL locked.  At 50% capacity the entire Star Lounge would allow distancing with lower top tier numbers on board.  Or perhaps it will just be 3 drink coupons.  

We'll know soon enough once cruises resume.  

Happy hour seems reasonable in Star Lounge, and maybe limited hours for served coffee in the morning in the DL next-door 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I go to the bank and get a bunch of $1/$5/$10/$20 before I cruise. How do you convert in the UK?

M8

When we cruise in Europe we usually do 7 night cruises where Euro's are used.

I prepay our tips and when I buy Euro's from my TA I always get $200 as well for extra tips which are usually $20 notes and they usually allow me to have 40 single dollar notes.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 2