Diamond and Suite Concierge?

Seriously, ( or did I miss some joke) are we now  discussing the particular accommodations booked by  certain C&A category guests?  Who cares?  

Getting back to the  concierges, we  cruise ( cruised)  often and  rarely  use the concierge for any services.  We know the drill and it  is  just too easy to pick up the phone or stop by a venue  to make a restaurant/spa/whatever reservation.   Do seasoned cruisers still ask the concierge to make  reservations?  We are early risers and simply stop by guest services to get copies of the bill if on a ship that does not have that info available to us electronically.  There is  generally NO line. 

I can see that first time or casual cruiser  who booked a suite might need a bit if hand holding.  They may need to rely on the suite concierge  for guidance.    For the folks in the D lounge, not so much.   

M   

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ive honestly never noticed people sneaking friends into any lounge. 

I have, several times...only noticed because the concierge checked for sea pass cards...and gave the friends the boot.  😉   Seemed to be more of it on the shorter cruises.  Lots of sneak in activity on Enchantment 3/4 night cruises, mostly in the DL.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Domino D said:

Thank you @island lady for your help, but there is a part of me who wants hear "And we have 20 Suite P's on board this cruise" at the top tier event. 

Oh yes....I would love to hear that too.  Sooo funny!!   Gosh just get me on the ship to hear that, or any announcements...even the obnoxious ones I am missing right now!!  😉 😄 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yogimax said:

Who cares?  Well, I guess you do.

We gave up on the "top tier" event ages ago except when it is held in the Aqua Theater with a diving exhibition.

LOL...no my friend,  I think he was being funny again...wanted to hear the announcement "Sweet Pea"....  😄 😄 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Domino D said:

Well..... Yes.  When I said I would like to hear them say Suite P's at the Top Tier Party, that's what I meant.  So yes in that regard I care.  I think self realization of what the sole truly likes is central to a happy life.  I am very happy that you have found peace in not attending the top tier party.  I feel the same way about Saunas.  Who cares.  I gave up on them years ago.   Only difference is I wouldn't go in a sauna even if it was at the Aqua Theater.   

I hope we are soon cruising and getting to do what we love. You skipping the top tier party and me not going to the sauna. 

Eeew indeed...bacteria soup!!  😜  I never use the pool either.  Beers go in...and...   

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I never even stop to pay attention who is walking through the door. Don't care. Not my resonsibility nor my form of entertainment. Especially #2... why do this? Why care? I'm there only to liquidate, learn from others, and enjoy my cruise, my day.  

People watching is fun. Everyone does it. I'm sure you do to, you probably just look for different things. Very few people are ever totally unaware of what is happening around them. 

• Like 2

The whole cruising experience has changed...part of the fun is meeting new people and talking and enjoying a drink with someone dancing and socializing and it doesn't seem like that will really happen when cruises restart and it makes me very sad. I don't think the cruising experience will be as enjoyable. before covid it was hard to find a seat during happy hour in diamond lounge. because of cost and covid i can see them getting rid of it all together. this sucks.no fun at all unless your an anti social recluse. Royal is in debt. they will need to cut back on certain areas to make up for the loss.

Edited by ljason913
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

People watching is fun. Everyone does it. I'm sure you do to, you probably just look for different things. Very few people are ever totally unaware of what is happening around them. 

People watching is fun? Meh. I mean it's OK and yes out of boredom most of us usually do it. But to go to the DL or CL to simply people watch is a strange function to say the least. I mean think about it...

"Come on honey hurry up! We need to go. I want to get a great seat in the lounge to watch the conceirge kick out those that don't belong. It's so damn fun"  

I don't think I've ever engaged in the people watching activity while in either lounge. My preference is to engage with conversation. I think most others do as well. I so enjoy meeting others and learning from them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...no my friend,  I think he was being funny again...wanted to hear the announcement "Sweet Pea"....  😄 😄 

Humor and sarcasm are both so difficult to convey in a setting like this.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

People watching is fun? Meh. I mean it's OK and yes out of boredom most of us usually do it. But to go to the DL or CL to simply people watch is a strange function to say the least. I mean think about it...

"Come on honey hurry up! We need to go. I want to get a great seat in the lounge to watch the conceirge kick out those that don't belong. It's so damn fun"  

Cool, so you do people watch.

I don't think I've ever gone anywhere on ship or land for the sole purpose of people watching. I don't think anyone else has said that either. It just happens naturally, when glancing around, when there is a lull in the conversation, if I become bored with the conversation, etc. I guess I'm easily distracted.

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Good way to mugged or worse, not being aware of surroundings.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Humor and sarcasm are both so difficult to convey in a setting like this.

Fun is great on the fun thread.

I think sarcasm is best avoided as it can cause offence.

If the lounges are open when cruising returns a concierge will be needed to look after the lounges.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

If the lounges are open when cruising returns a concierge will be needed to look after the lounges.

That's a really good question.

Will the lounges be open as we remember them.🤔

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I don't see how they could be open and not have someone working, but again I don't have a lot off time in them.  Can you think off any way Graham?

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

As a cruiser I hope so, for the sake of all the people who enjoy them, especially with all the other changes.  The businesses man in me says, it's most likely there will be changes.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2020 at 1:00 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I used one once.  He escourted us down the elevator to disembark in St. Petersburg Russia. We were off the ship so quick. He used his key on the elevator and we went down from the CL w/o stopping. We were the first to & through customs... so early we all had to wait for our tour guide to arrive. 

Being able to go straight down was the best perk for us. Loved it.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:10 PM, John&LaLa said:

Ive honestly never noticed people sneaking friends into any lounge. 

I met a retired AA pilot during muster and he said they were working on becoming pinnacle. At the end of muster he said they were off to the lounge with his pinnacle friends were going to sneak them in. I'm sure there's plenty of it going on.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I suppose it depends how soon RC restart cruising.

I think to begin with the lounges won't be like we remember them but I think the whole cruise experience is going to be different especially until a reliable vaccine is available.

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

One thing for certain...it will be a totally different cruising world until Covid-19 finally goes away...which IMHO, will be around for much longer than any of us expected.  Bummer....   😞 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

One thing for certain...it will be a totally different cruising world until Covid-19 finally goes away...which IMHO, will be around for much longer than any of us expected.  Bummer....   😞 

It'll be around longer than I'm expected to live. 😉 Hopefully we'll be sitting in the DL on the Rhapsody this March. 🍷🤞

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I met a retired AA pilot during muster and he said they were working on becoming pinnacle. At the end of muster he said they were off to the lounge with his pinnacle friends were going to sneak them in. I'm sure there's plenty of it going on.

Wait.  They were going to what?  I'm shocked and appalled.  You know the policy is dicey when people openly announce their intent to just disregard it.  Shame on a man with the stature of Pilot.  Shame on the Pinnacle who assisted.  I am picturing the old tv show "Branded" in my mind.  Perhaps they should strip of rank in C&A if you are caught sneaking people in. 

We were re-boarding in ST Thomas once.  Long line at that fence gate where they checked ID's.  This woman and her family just walked past all of us, yelling "Im tired of waiting, and I want a shower".  She just walked past 100 or so people and went to front.  The security guard checked her ID and let her and family through.  None of us said anything.  It took less than a minute and it was over. I remember saying to the couple in front us "Huh". Rules mean nothing if don't have integrity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Domino D said:

Wait.  They were going to what?  I'm shocked and appalled.  You know the policy is dicey when people openly announce their intent to just disregard it.  Shame on a man with the stature of Pilot.  Shame on the Pinnacle who assisted.  I am picturing the old tv show "Branded" in my mind.  Perhaps they should strip of rank in C&A if you are caught sneaking people in. 

We were re-boarding in ST Thomas once.  Long line at that fence gate where they checked ID's.  This woman and her family just walked past all of us, yelling "Im tired of waiting, and I want a shower".  She just walked past 100 or so people and went to front.  The security guard checked her ID and let her and family through.  None of us said anything.  It took less than a minute and it was over. I remember saying to the couple in front us "Huh". Rules mean nothing if don't have integrity. 

Rules do not apply to all.  

• Like 1