Diamond and Suite Concierge?

Just now, CSHS1979 said:

More like I don't want the thread shut down

Thank you.  Some of us are trying to get to 3000 posts and get a prize.  I lost like 15 posts when the last one got poofed. C&A Points might not ever go away but posts can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Same way I get Euro would be my guess. Go to my bank

I just go to the ATM wherever I am and take out a couple of hundred if I need more, I talk to my bank pre trip and tell them when I get to X, I am going to withdraw several hundred euro from the ATM....  best rate and easily accessible.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Thank you.  Some of us are trying to get to 3000 posts and get a prize.  I lost like 15 posts when the last one got poofed. C&A Points might not ever go away but posts can.

Really?

There's a contest going on to reach 3000 posts?  That explains some things!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think, my opinion only, many here want to spend less, and expect Suite Perks. It’s simple, book a Suite or become a Pinnacle. 

M8

I agree. It amazes me that some D & D+ believe they are more important than they really are. I mean if someone wants the Suite life perks, they should buy the Suite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Really?

Yep. Not a bad prize either... a Cruise Critic facemask. Polyester exterior/Cotton lined, washable (except when on a ship) Flexible goes w/ everything from walking Promenades to riding elevators.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

The first thing that came to my mind is the above doesn't say much for the quality of RCL product 🤔

You have been on quite a few.  Did you ever experience any problems?  No?  Hmmm...

Problems are not unique to RCI, or any other cruise line, or any other product, company.  It's life.  😉 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe you had those issues/problems. I’m glad you qualified that a phone call to GS handled. 

M8

Most were a phone call to GS, some to maintenance (when I could actually reach them on the phone) some to housekeeping, some taken care of promptly with a visit to the LA on board.  Really can't think of one issue I took to the concierges on board.  Not sure why I did not use them... but all issues were taken care of, ...one way or another.   

Sea pass account, is the one thing I do visit the GS desk desk for (print out) and to verify consecutive cruiser.  They have always been very polite and helpful.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, yogimax said:

Not a heavy drinker, but for me, the value of the concierge is less than even one drink.

Me too...not sure why I really never go to the concierge for help with things.  Maybe I have just observed too many needy whiners hanging around at their desk.  😉 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Our DL Concierge on Vision out of Dubai in February 2017 was the busiest ever and got most of our drinks as well as printing our plane tickets for our return to the UK.

He welcomed everyone as they arrived and said goodbye to everyone as they left.

Makes me think of Alan on Rhapsody...one of the hardest working, most welcoming concierges I have met.  🙂 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

All of that... on one cruise?!?!?!? The worst cruise ever!

I don't know my friend... the only thing for me out of that entire list in 350+ days on RCL is credits missing post cruise (easy phone call fix) and missing perk items (again another easy phone call or quick mention to the DL). If all of those occurred to me, I would not be a RCL customer any longer... especially on one cruise! The cruise from hell.

That is not what he (or myself meant).  These are problems that have happened over the course of many cruises over the years...not all on one ship.  Where did you get that??  Try re-reading his quote: 

"Only if it all happens on one cruise.  Cruise often enough and all kinds of stuff happens, on all cruise lines." 

Edited by island lady

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Usually I only go to GS to change big $ notes into singles for tips to the DL/CL and bar waiters.

Unfortunately I have run into too many times when they could not give me more than 5 - 10 singles at a time.  

I have years ago since, started taking packs of ones, fives, etc.   I go to the bank before a cruise.   

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I call housekeeping for the things in the beginning of your list. Why add another level.

I try them first for housekeeping related items, as in other department issues in relation.  If I can't get a response in a timely manner, I call GS.    Please read my post #112.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Domino D said:

Oh man...was I supposed to get a prize somewhere that I missed??!!  😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Yep. Not a bad prize either... a Cruise Critic facemask. Polyester exterior/Cotton lined, washable (except when on a ship) Flexible goes w/ everything from walking Promenades to riding elevators.  

Sign me up!!  😄 😄 

12 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I agree. It amazes me that some D & D+ believe they are more important than they really are. I mean if someone wants the Suite life perks, they should buy the Suite. 

Don't you think there be many Ds, and D+  that already book suites?  Hmmm ...? 

19 hours ago, molly361 said:

I always figured the concierges glued to their computers were playing Candy Crush

19 hours ago, yogimax said:

I'm old fashioned.  I assumed solitaire.

Or looking for a new job. 🙂

13 hours ago, Domino D said:

13 hours ago, yogimax said:

Really?

I'm the opposite. Trying to keep my post count down. Hence, the multi-quoting.

If I see my post count go up too quickly, I feel the need to go outside for fresh air and sun to alleviate the guilt about all the unfinished chores around the house.  Of course, I guess I could actually do those chores.

• Haha 2