Diamond and Suite Concierge?

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Rules do not apply to all.  

They seem to matter to the extent you believe in them personally (for many people) + the degree you care to be part of an organized society.   If the rule doesn't check one of those boxes, it only matters to the degree it is enforced. 

28 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I forgot how do you find the reputation ranking?  

Search by member, then sort by reputation. 

You'll recognize a lot on the first page of results. You are on the second page👍

You can also sort by post count. I'm nowhere near the top 😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's important to understand that once cruising will begin it will not the same it was before. Some things will come back eventually some things might never be the same again ever.

However when deciding to take one of the first cruises, it will not be recomended for the ones that care about Diamond Lounges, a concierge for D and above. It will be more important that the quota for such position will be used for a much more important role in connection to the safety on board in regards to COVID procedures.

All the ones looking for boarding the ship as if COVID didn't happen / is still amongst us and expects their happy hour lounge crowdings should stay home. The ones that are just happy to be back at sea and to enjoy the fresh ocean breeze with restrictions here and there are the clientele to book cruises for the time being, the others should sit home as they will not b happy and waste the time of the crew complaining.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

It'll be around longer than I'm expected to live. 😉 Hopefully we'll be sitting in the DL on the Rhapsody this March. 🍷🤞

If they cancel my entire Aussie adventure...I may just be looking into just sticking to local cruises for next spring...including Rhapsody and Harmony.  Assuming even THEY go at all..sigh.  😞 

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Where would be an appropriate place to continue the discussion🤔

As they say:  get a room!  Start a new thread – and since someone is likely to complain that it isn't Royal related, safer to put it in Floataway Lounge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wonder how the double C&A points in 2021 will affect the Concierge? 

If we can cruise in 2021, I'm booked on Celebrity for the first time.  I believe those points will count towards my C&A, they are using the same account #.  If that's right will I get double points, I wonder?  

Well the rules of logic would say: Frequent Cruisers are most likely to be in the first people back. Therefore double points will likely expedite an increase in every level of C&A.  As points do not (and should not) expire, the number of Lounge qualified cruisers will go up (possibly disproportionately).  If the lounges remain open, you would have more demand for the Concierge.  As people earlier noted that people new to the lounge often put more demand on the concierge, it is mathematically likely that concierge use may increase.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Domino D said:

If we can cruise in 2021, I'm booked on Celebrity for the first time.  I believe those points will count towards my C&A, they are using the same account #.  If that's right will I get double points, I wonder?  

Well the rules of logic would say: Frequent Cruisers are most likely to be in the first people back. Therefore double points will likely expedite an increase in every level of C&A.  As points do not (and should not) expire, the number of Lounge qualified cruisers will go up (possibly disproportionately).  If the lounges remain open, you would have more demand for the Concierge.  As people earlier noted that people new to the lounge often put more demand on the concierge, it is mathematically likely that concierge use may increase.

Nope. Cruise points are not reciprocal, only tier level up to elite and diamond. Diamond, diamond + (DS) and pinnacle  will be elite on Celebrity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Nope. Cruise points are not reciprocal, only tier level up to elite and diamond. Diamond, diamond + (DS) and pinnacle  will be elite on Celebrity. 

Thanks Dave.  Looks like "The Man" got me again. 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Domino D said:

If we can cruise in 2021, I'm booked on Celebrity for the first time.  I believe those points will count towards my C&A, they are using the same account #. 

Celebrity's loyalty program is Captain's Club and you have a different loyalty number. If you haven't already, make sure you sign up for their program. 

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Here's the problem with Post-Count and Reputation obsessions:  they're off-topic in this thread!!!

What's funny is that with all the deletions of my posts regarding post count obsession, my post count didn't go down. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Celebrity's loyalty program is Captain's Club and you have a different loyalty number. If you haven't already, make sure you sign up for their program. 

Thank you for the advice, it is appreciated.  They issued me new numbers for Celebrity, and tied my tier levels and login to the account I have with Royal, for getting on the site and managing the cruise. 

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

What's funny is that with all the deletions of my posts regarding post count obsession, my post count didn't go down. 🙂

Oh no sir, not this time.  

I just hope none of this effects the Concierges in the Diamond Lounge, when cruising returns.  That's all I'll say.

👍 #foolmetwice

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Domino D said:

Celebrity also is doing double pts for balcony up. It's in this this somewhere. Probably easier to find on celebrity but they are also doubling loyalty pts for your 2021 cruise. 

Just not combinable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Celebrity also is doing double pts for balcony up. It's in this this somewhere. Probably easier to find on celebrity but they are also doubling loyalty pts for your 2021 cruise. 

Just not combinable. 

That's interesting. It sounds like they are trying to get people to cruise with them. It might be harder to fill the ships with the older demographics that they usually have.

55 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That's interesting. It sounds like they are trying to get people to cruise with them. It might be harder to fill the ships with the older demographics that they usually have.

I had to go thru my trash but heres the email they sent.

20201019_234902695.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I mentioned this above but should have added.....

Do you think Royal will add more Concierges with Double Points in 2021?

Wouldn’t there be more P’s, D+, and D. Maybe they’ll need more to handle more upper tier members.

Good question.  I think we are all making the assumption, however, that double points will instantaneously cause a major surge in P, D and D+.

For many of us, double points in one year will not lead to a new level.  

The increase will certainly happen at some point with the major focus on new Diamonds and, to a lesser degree, new D+.   The existing gap between D+ and P is so large that doubling points will have no effect at all in the coming year or two for the majority.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I mentioned this above but should have added.....

Do you think Royal will add more Concierges with Double Points in 2021?

Wouldn’t there be more P’s, D+, and D. Maybe they’ll need more to handle more upper tier members.

Yes-there will be MANY more diamond, diamond plus and pinnacles with the new point promotion.   Those who are eligible for concierge services, (whoever that will be) will just have to wait their turn.

Lucky, we are a little more self-sufficient and have rarely needed the services of a concierge. We find it pretty easy to simply pick up the phone and make a dinner or spa reservation.  

Seems most of our concerns on board are with crown and anchor (usually something like incorrect amenity delivered) so we wait our turn at the crown and anchor desk.   Actually, now that I think about it, the C&A  on board  position is going to be super busy. 

m

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1