Philip Herbert moves on

uktog

The most helpful person we've ever met on a ship. He was tireless in March trying to get us all off the Quest safely. He had a special place in his heart for Cruise Critic passengers.

• Like 3

Philip shone through in another crisis as well, when there was a fire on Quest.

Indeed our first encounter with Philip was on Galaxy when there was a big onboard problem in Athens- he was one of the calmest people in a crisis.  Always helping, always smiling, always listening and always in control.  I hope Azamara can retain the other staff who have these qualities.

I am so very sad to hear this news.  Phillip was indeed a good friend and a wonderful Hotel Director.   Nothing was too difficult for him.  Azamara is never going to be the same, I'm afraid.  For that matter, until there is a vaccine that really works, cruising is never 😢 going to be the same.  

• Like 1

Wonderful human being, we met Philip on our first cruise with AZ at port embarking in Singapore and he kindly helped us through the confusion. Next when at Bangkok port when doors opened I was bit by something and he quickly came to my aid with ice.

Always there for passengers with a warm comforting smile.

We wish him well on his future and time with his family..

We feel the same as everyone else. Philip will be sorely missed. He’s such a charming man and so good at his job. He always has the time to stop and talk, and has such a great memory for people he’s only met once.

I think he’s the perfect example of the swan - always seems serene, but often his feet must be pedalling like crazy under the water!

We wish him all the best in the future. Whoever is employing him now has been very lucky - they have gained a gem!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Phillip Herbert kept a happy ship!  He is the epitome of customer service and the Quest will never be the same without him.  We cruised on the Quest many times but quickly determined that the cruise without Phillip just wasn’t the same.  And so our cruise selection became not only destination but whether Phillip would be onboard.

Phillip was unflappable, always gracious, sincere in his desire to resolve any problem, always highly visible around the ship.  He is bright, quick witted and absolutely charming.

We wish him all the best as he pursues a new venture and thank him for making our trips on the Quest truly special.  It was a pleasure to know him.

We have also known Phillip since his Celebrity days and

wish him all the best for his future success and happiness.

The Azamara family is all the poorer for his loss, it does make me wonder who will be next to leave, so sad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I can't single him out because all the teams on all of the ships are great. I just fear for who  and what is next. 

Wishing Philip all the very best for the future. 

Phil 

Hi Phil, Thank you for the kind wishes for Philip. Although we can never replace Philip, we place focus and energy on developing our teams, which prepares future leaders to be ready to step up when the time comes. We are confident an equally thoughtful and engaging team member will be ready to welcome you back when you are ready. Stay tuned for an announcement in the near future!

Azamara Team

• Like 2

We too have known Philip since his Celebrity Galaxy days and am pleased that we've built a firm friendship that will endure these changing times.  We will miss him immensly onboard and wish him, Barbro and Mutley nothing but the best.  Such an amazing person in every way and I'm sure he'll be really valued where ever he's heading.

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Over the past few years, it seems as if many of the really good people at Azamara have gone - cruise directors, captains, hotel people.   It will be interesting if Azamara can keep up the quality of their product.

DON

Which ones?  Because I don’t see that at all. Just the opposite in fact. 

Phil

• Like 2

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Which ones?  Because I don’t see that at all. Just the opposite in fact. 

Phil

Captain Jose, Russ, Larry Pimentel, Nicole, Bonnie and now Philip...or may be it is just me missing all those people...

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

30 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Captain Jose, Russ, Larry Pimentel, Nicole, Bonnie and now Philip...or may be it is just me missing all those people...

Ivi

Not at all; I totally agree with you.  Many of us are missing "all those people".  They, along with many of those still hanging in there, were an integral part of shaping the Azamara culture which for so many years has thrived.

Philip was absolutely a pioneer in that effort.  He, as well as the others you mention, have definitely left huge shoes to be filled.  Philip was one of a kind in the best possible way.  I send my best wishes to him in all his future endeavours; no matter what, he will be and deserves to be, successful.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

Many different reasons why those named went, but let’s also think about the great new hires, Captain G, Antonio, Elisabeth etc plus the well deserved promotions of others (Captain Philip, Staff Captain George etc) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1