Carnival Sensation to the rescue

jimbo5544

Its not something new. These huge cruisers (especially those cruising in the Mediterranean) always pick up one or two boats with refuges.  Its so sad that some enjoy luxurious stay on an expensive cruiser, while others have to survive on the boat searching for a better life. Hope these people will be of help when they arrive to the western world 

On 10/20/2020 at 5:24 AM, Roger88 said:

Its not something new. These huge cruisers (especially those cruising in the Mediterranean) always pick up one or two boats with refuges. 

I sailed  on the Allure of the Seas in 2011. Our ship performed a rescue as we sailed from Cozumel to Ft Lauderdale. Truly one of the most memorable things I’ve ever witnessed at sea. Mind boggling to see two completely different worlds colliding. 

E0389046-41BF-42A8-8831-87B0FFCE15B9.jpeg

0B6224C7-0A5A-45AF-9299-CB4363DDA4B8.jpeg

Edited by Tapi

Was on Disney Fantasy and they plucked a few guys out of the ocean.   This was back in 2016 I think, those guys get a ride right back to Cuba from what I understand.

Edited by Elbozi

On 10/20/2020 at 3:19 AM, Moviela said:

I wonder if they were treated to dinner at the steakhouse?

Mariners of every stripe care for one another at sea.

Food in the crew mess is reported to be decent as well; certainly seems likely they were at least brought a meal of some sort.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:03 PM, Tapi said:

I sailed  on the Allure of the Seas in 2011. Our ship performed a rescue as we sailed from Cozumel to Ft Lauderdale. Truly one of the most memorable things I’ve ever witnessed at sea. Mind boggling to see two completely different worlds colliding. 

And this is why I don't whine incessantly and publicly about the current inconveniences. Certainly I understand the economic impact, mental health, and other unfortunate aspects of life under the pandemic. And yet. . . here in the USA most of us still have comfortable homes with indoor plumbing, electricity, climate control, cell phones, internet, 900 TV channels, full bellies, free schooling, and many other amenities. Can we still complain? Sure. You can. I'm not going to.