Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Right or wrong info-only time will tell😇 Wrong would be my guess

Is the double points offer for 2021 actually double points? If you book a JS 7 nights you would normally get 14 points. With this offer will you now get 28 points in 2021 if booked before 12/31/20?

12140059_10153614210966397_2940794793228

Royal Caribbean International

sent
16 minutes ago
 Yes, you will get 4 points per night booked in a Suite stateroom. -Zack

Factual timely information is not something Royal does well. I personally would rather a $18 Drink Package in lieu of  extra points. 

M8

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Factual timely information is not something Royal does well. I personally would rather a $18 Drink Package in lieu of  extra points. 

M8

Me too. Even with double I'm probably only going to get just about what I lost in points this year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Me too. Even with double I'm probably only going to get just about what I lost in points this year

We didn’t sail at all in 2019 and were due to sail this coming weekend out of Barcelona Presidents Cruise. So we only “lost” 14 points. In the scheme of things, loyalty status level to us is only important on CC. 😇

We do have 25 nights booked in 2021 thanks to creative L&S (thank you) and a Biker Charter. If actually double points, that would be 100 but I think it will be 75. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

What a shame RCs representatives didn’t know this today. I asked on 3 official RC social media pages, and was told no, it was not combinable with the C and A discount. Soooo, I hope this new info is correct. Multiple workers for them gave incorrect info today when asked point blank about it. Here’s to double points then. 

I can see how the reps  gave you the incorrect information.  The terms and conditions page lists all of the monthly offers including BOGO, Kids sail Free, the Double points and at least one other.  The T&C’s are at the bottom and they incorrectly assumed that those terms applied equally  to all of the promotions when in fact they do not.  

As was mentioned in the letter to me by a very senior person at Royal the double loyalty points is a program benefit and not a promotion and does not have any restrictions on combinability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

9.45am in the UK = 4.45am in Miami - whilst the 'Double C&A Points' banner now appears on the UK website, there is no mention of T&Cs either independently or in the general T&C section.

Heaving a little boulder into the pond, combining this thread with 'Who will sail' and 'Access to CL/SL and DL', perhaps anyone about to gain D, D+ or P status under the Double C&A points offer will be bumped-off the sailing or next so as not to increase the members wanting access to them and reducing the passenger numbers sailing generally.

Regards,

Cublet

PS: Anyone want any Anthem crystal blocks - going cheap?

Hi, I’ve just looked at the uk site and can’t see the banner!, please can you say where it was I’m wanting to screen shot the proof. Is there a chance royal will extend the offer to May 22 like Celebrity, thanks janice 

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can see how the reps  gave you the incorrect information.  The terms and conditions page lists all of the monthly offers including BOGO, Kids sail Free, the Double points and at least one other.  The T&C’s are at the bottom and they incorrectly assumed that those terms applied equally  to all of the promotions when in fact they do not.  

As was mentioned in the letter to me by a very senior person at Royal the double loyalty points is a program benefit and not a promotion and does not have any restrictions on combinability. 

Ken,

Does the letter you received provide any insight into what Double Points actually means?

Thanks.

Tom

Nice perk, RCL, it will be great, when and if we sail normality again.

I’m afraid this displays RCL is getting desperate in these troubling times, the probability of bankruptcy dooms larger every day, dispite their efforts, since there are too many factors RCL has NO control of.  Very very sad....

Stay Safe all...

10 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Ken,

Does the letter you received provide any insight into what Double Points actually means?

Thanks.

Tom

I’m not Ken but I think I can safely say if you sail double occupancy in anything other than a Suite, you do indeed get double points. 😁

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Ken,

Thanks.

Tom

Unfortunately not.  At the time I sent it I thought it was clear on how that portion worked. I did send a follow up asking for clarification but haven’t yet received a response yet.

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, boogybaby said:

Hi, I’ve just looked at the uk site and can’t see the banner!, please can you say where it was I’m wanting to screen shot the proof. Is there a chance royal will extend the offer to May 22 like Celebrity, thanks janice 

I doubt they will extend it.  While both programs are similar there are a few differences that are unique to each brand and I think those differences will remain.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

This.

The change in answers on this topic will endure for quite a while - at least through the first few sailings into 2021.

Solo is the real complexity in my opinion.

Cabin vs suite is fairly cut and dry

Edited by John&LaLa

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So you think a Suite will be 3 or 4 points?  I’ve seen both. 

M8

Not John but I don't know if anyone has actually seen something in writing that says 1 extra point per night.  Only info that they have been given by the reps and social media.  Their website however DOES say Double points.  That said I believe it is the 1 extra point per night.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Not John but I don't know if anyone has actually seen something in writing that says 1 extra point per night.  Only info that they have been given by the reps and social media.  Their website however DOES say Double points.  That said I believe it is the 1 extra point per night.

Pretty sure 1 bonus point gets added to whatever the existing point structure currently is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure 1 bonus point gets added to whatever the existing point structure currently is

This. Until we get clarification and people actually experience what RCI is dishing out, one has to assume the minimum, which is one extra point per night. For the great majority, that will indeed be double points.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just received a reply back on Twitter where I specifically mentioned that they had been telling people 3 or 4 nights and they apologized for the confusion and said it was 4 nights for guests in a suite.

From my recollection of yesterday it was early responses that were saying 3 nights and as the day went on and the reps received clarification 4 points per night seemed to be the common answer.  

Kind of like when they started off saying previous bookings were not eligible. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I feel fairly confident now that enough of the reps have been telling people 4 nights that Royal would now have a hard time changing this to 3 points. 

I'll have to have my TA book me a few more suites for 2021😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, happy cruiser1234 said:

@Ourusualbeach  So just to clarify,  group bookings that were previously made through our TA do qualify for double points?

The T&C say "named groups", so I am assuming a "named group" is one made with our TA? 🙂

Groups not matter how they were created are eligible fir double points. 

that part of the terms and conditions does not apply to the double points program but instead applied to the other promotions that are listed on the same sheet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1