Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Winner.  Nice point totals.  The points have now  been confirmed by multiple sources

For a 7 night booking:

So if double occupancy in a JS or higher, you get 28 points?

If single occupancy in a JS or higher, you get 42 points?

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. I feel sorry for those low paid workers but you would like to think that they all could get on the same page.

I had 3 rcl reps in a row tell me solo cabins were a glitch. They dont exist. Luckily by 3rd rep I'd had Ken posting here telling me yes they do exist and told her where to look on deck plans. She worked for 5 years with crown and anchor she proudly told me.

Good thing we have ken here. 

• Like 1

I just had a question on exclusions.  My July 2021 cruise that I just booked with a travel agent is a refundable "group rate" category 4D  for 2 balcony rooms.  I thought I read no double points for "group rates". Am I correct or have it wrong?

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Good thing we have ken here. 

With so much information out there, I rely on CC and it's members with vast experience of how things work in cruising not only from a travel perspective which @Ourusualbeach has, to engineering which @chengkp75 has, to @John&LaLa, @twangster, @Ocean Boy, @Biker19, @Milwaukee Eight and many more from personal experience. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I must really be dumb. I am so dumb that I dont understand the confusion. What I saw was the banner saying double points on all 2021 sailings.I saw nothing about existing bookings -vs-new bookings. Therefore, dumb as I am I assume all bookings are included.I saw nothing about single bookings, suites, etc, so I revert back to the term "double points". Here is how I see it

1 x2 = 2

2 x 2 =4

Whatever points I would have gotten I expect to be doubled......simple.

Of course the fly in to ointment is if all 2021 bookings are canceled. That would leave us wih this:

2 x 0 =0

4 x 0 = 0

etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What about a solo cruiser, Is it (2X2X7) 28  points--can you confirm, assuming Anthem cruise scheduled for Easter '21 will come off.

Solo in a solo cabin 2 points

Solo in a double occupancy cabin 4 points

Solo in a suite 6 points. 

all per day. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, spunks said:

I must really be dumb. I am so dumb that I dont understand the confusion. What I saw was the banner saying double points on all 2021 sailings.I saw nothing about existing bookings -vs-new bookings. Therefore, dumb as I am I assume all bookings are included.I saw nothing about single bookings, suites, etc, so I revert back to the term "double points". Here is how I see it

1 x2 = 2

2 x 2 =4

Whatever points I would have gotten I expect to be doubled......simple.

Of course the fly in to ointment is if all 2021 bookings are canceled. That would leave us wih this:

2 x 0 =0

4 x 0 = 0

etc.

The confusion is that for suites it is not 2 points per night.  It is 1 base point plus one bonus point.  Royal’s reps yesterday morning were telling people that the double points was only on the base points and not the bonus point.

it has now all been clarified and it is double on the total points you would have received. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The confusion is that for suites it is not 2 points per night.  It is 1 base point plus one bonus point.  Royal’s reps yesterday morning were telling people that the double points was only on the base points and not the bonus point.

it has now all been clarified and it is double on the total points you would have received. 

Ken - is there a link or anything in writing to clarify this. Mis-information is still rampant on Social Media. 

4 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Thanks. A very nice outcome after a day of confusion.  As a result we should be Diamond+ on our late 2021 cruises.  We are looking forward to the extra perks.

Yep. Lots of new D+ in 2021. 2021, the year of the PLUS. 😂

I’m sure that will make a few here happy. 😇

M8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If you could just get ahold of them.😇

This is a joke and Sarcasm. Our TA is very good and responsive. 

M8

All suites sold out very suddenly on several cruises. I was looking forward to trying a hump since never had one but was looking at js, all suites sold out now on my only cruise next year booked with rcl before xmas ... though I'd be up for another. But because of my age didnt want to rush it. One ccl cruise in sept 2021 to work around. That price seems stuck. Never changes, always says same 30% off sale forever. Rcl prices seem up and down, and now balconys and up all went up. Everyone wants fresh air is my guess during covid.

But I'd be up for another...just want to see how first cruises go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Ken - is there a link or anything in writing to clarify this. Mis-information is still rampant on Social Media. 

The blog finally has the correct information.

i received a direct reply on twitter asking specifically and pointed out that reps had given out both 3 and 4 points per night for suite guests and was told 4.  You can search Royal Caribbean on twitter and look under tweeters and replies. 

there will always be wrong information on social media.  At some point you need to determine what couple Sources of information you are going to trust and ignore the rest.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1