Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

Just read this on RCCL blog:

The Loyalty 2X Points offer is valid on new bookings made between October 19 - December 31, 2020 to Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members.

Royal Caribbean updated the offer to extend it as well to existing bookings. The sailing must depart between January 1 – December 31, 2021.

Loyalty 2X Points provides Loyalty members 2X Crown and Anchor points on sailings departing on January 1 - December 31, 2021.

Crown and Anchor points will be applied once the guest pays the booking in full and completes the sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation.

The bonus provides an additional point per night of new cruises booked, which means staying in a standard stateroom would get you two points per night, instead of one.

The offer is not combinable with Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates. 

The Double Points offer also provides bonus points for guests who would otherwise qualify for bonus points:

• Solo guests staying in a room by themselves would also qualify for an extra point, getting them three points per night.
  • Suite guests would also receive three points per night.
  • A solo cruiser in a suite would get four points per night.
  •  

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Royal Caribbean blog just tweeted that this looks like it will apply to existing bookings so I feel a little better..

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

They are just reporting what many reported hearing directly from Royal this morning and posted here

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Just received an email from X with the same offer, for bookings for the rest of the year for sailing from January 1 ,2021 through May 4, 2022.

I would expect to something similar from Royal.

I just wish X & RCI combined points...I have both booked for 2021.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

However, it also doubles the speed of the inevitable changes to the C&A program I'm afraid.

I don't see it. 

This program isn't going to convince the masses below Diamond to book multiple cruises in 2021 just to reach Diamond.  If a few do it's minimal impact.

The guest that doesn't sail frequently is not clogging up the lounges or diluting benefits.  Guests below Diamond who were already booking multiple cruises were already going to be Diamond by 2021 if the pandemic never happened.  With this program they still will be Diamond in 2021 - nothing has changed.

A long standing argument in airline frequent flier forums surrounds guests who attain status by credit card spend.  "They are going to take away my benefits that I flew hard to achieve".  The counter is if they attained status by credit card spend, they aren't flying so they are aren't diluting benefits on board because they aren't on board.  They did it for one trip to Europe and they went back to their old ways of not flying very much.

A few sub-Diamond who use this program to propel them to Diamond will soon return to old ways of cruising once every year or so.  They may do it for one special cruise.  If they aren't cruising they aren't clogging up lounges or diluting benefits on board.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are just reporting what many reported hearing directly from Royal this morning and posted here

I'm the OP...excited about this around midnight last night....Woke up to seeing the post's that it would be for new bookings only...disappointment...then further reading ...excited again. 

I  have the Freedom booked for Canada/New England Oct 2021 which I booked in Dec 2019 at an amazing price for just the two of us in the 2 bedroom Ocean View Panoramic Suite...No way was I going to cancel rebook that and get the same cabin/rate..wouldn't have been worth it to me in the long run.

So very happy that it just gets me a bit further along the D+ road.

Thanks all for all your latest updates and hoping this itinerary sails.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

I'm the OP...excited about this around midnight last night....Woke up to seeing the post's that it would be for new bookings only...disappointment...then further reading ...excited again. 

I  have the Freedom booked for Canada/New England Oct 2021 which I booked in Dec 2019 at an amazing price for just the two of us in the 2 bedroom Ocean View Panoramic Suite...No way was I going to cancel rebook that and get the same cabin/rate..wouldn't have been worth it to me in the long run.

So very happy that it just gets me a bit further along the D+ road.

Thanks all for all your latest updates and hoping this itinerary sails.

I’m loving this as well.  Usually we sail 14 nights a year but because of cancellations last year and a great deal that we grabbed we will have 31 nights this year.  Will now end up making it to D+ a little bit quicker.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

and to rightfully complain about not having CL access that I never had to begin with

Welcome aboard!  You'll fit in fine with the D+ tier 😉 

However it looks like one extra point per night.  Solo in an inside cabin moves from 2 points to 3 points per night.  Solo in a suite moves from 3 points per night to 4 points per night.  Still not bad... 

Does this means studio cabins are now worth 2 points per night? Hmmm... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We are five points from Diamond Plus and our next cruise is four nights, so this is perfect for us!  We should have become D+ in April, then May, etc. , based on longer cruises booked, so this kind of “makes it up” to us that the first cruises will be shorter itineraries.  

Combined with Amex’s offer of a $125 statement credit on a $500 purchase with Celebrity, we have finally had a string of good news for a change, cruisewise.

How does this Celebrity offer work....I need to spend $500 towards my X booking then get a $125 credit to my AMEX?

I have an X cruise booked for July 2021...Not sure there's anything I want to purchase from X for this cruise. I've already used my OBC to book the excursions (which I usually don't) I wanted.....we already have their 4 perks offered with our suite...so maybe just make a $500 dollar payment ?

When does the offer end?

Terms & Conditions:

Loyalty 2X Points applies to new bookings made on 10/19 – 12/31/20 to Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Loyalty 2X Points provides Loyalty members 2X Crown and Anchor points on sailings departing on 1/1 – 12/31/21 (“Eligiable Sailings”).

Crown and Anchor points will be applied once the guest pays the booking in full and completes the sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. The “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before September 30, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022, to opt-in for RCI’s “best price guarantee” on their current sailing, or cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing (“Lift and Shift”) or (ii) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise. Visit www.royalcaribbean.com/cruisewithconfidence for complete details. All other NRDB cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a 100USD/CAD per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Deposits made toward Guarantees and Grand Suites and higher categories are non-refundable and are subject to NRD Booking Terms.

Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates, as well as existing bookings for Eligible Sailings made prior to October 19, 2020. Offer open to residents of US, Canada, Puerto Rico and select countries in the Caribbean. Changes to the booking may result in removal of the offer. Prices and offers are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to www.RoyalCaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. Due to evolving health protocols, some imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect current onboard and destination offerings, or the public health standards and government requirements that modify or limit these offerings. Onboard and destination experiences, features, itineraries, and guest conduct rules vary by ship and destination and are subject to change without notice ©2020 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: The Bahamas. 

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

A few sub-Diamond (or Diamond) who use this program to propel them will soon return to old ways of cruising once every year or so.  They may do it for one special cruise.  If they aren't cruising they aren't clogging up lounges or diluting benefits on board.  

Personally I have 179 pts on carnival and some on princess, ncl, celebrity.

Not everyone cruises rcl only.

Depends where I want to go. Also during covid I dont want to fly, so only ccl and rcl to book. I still dont know even when I hit diamond on rcl tbh. Saw it last February when I decided to book rcl.

Not everyone is so loyal to royal .... let the rock stoning start. I've cruised out of calif, seattle and all the ports in florida. ... just not during covid. I know it's not popular to sleep around lol. New orleans is a 10 hour drive away, so after covid, I'll consider it too. Right now I'm staying close to home until I feel safer from covid. I missed the whole double solo pts on rcl so far, and thought book rcl when I saw it beginning of this year .... sounded like a good idea at the time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

How does this Celebrity offer work....I need to spend $500 towards my X booking then get a $125 credit to my AMEX?

I have an X cruise booked for July 2021...Not sure there's anything I want to purchase from X for this cruise. I've already used my OBC to book the excursions (which I usually don't) I wanted.....we already have their 4 perks offered with our suite...so maybe just make a $500 dollar payment ?

When does the offer end?

Do you get Amex offers by email?  They vary by card, I never got X offer.  Log into Amex account and look for offers.  You can to activate the offer before you spend.  T&Cs spelled out where you activate the offer.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Terms & Conditions:

Loyalty 2X Points applies to new bookings made on 10/19 – 12/31/20 to Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Loyalty 2X Points provides Loyalty members 2X Crown and Anchor points on sailings departing on 1/1 – 12/31/21 (“Eligiable Sailings”).

Crown and Anchor points will be applied once the guest pays the booking in full and completes the sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. The “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before September 30, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022, to opt-in for RCI’s “best price guarantee” on their current sailing, or cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing (“Lift and Shift”) or (ii) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise. Visit www.royalcaribbean.com/cruisewithconfidence for complete details. All other NRDB cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a 100USD/CAD per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Deposits made toward Guarantees and Grand Suites and higher categories are non-refundable and are subject to NRD Booking Terms.

Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates, as well as existing bookings for Eligible Sailings made prior to October 19, 2020. Offer open to residents of US, Canada, Puerto Rico and select countries in the Caribbean. Changes to the booking may result in removal of the offer. Prices and offers are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to www.RoyalCaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. Due to evolving health protocols, some imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect current onboard and destination offerings, or the public health standards and government requirements that modify or limit these offerings. Onboard and destination experiences, features, itineraries, and guest conduct rules vary by ship and destination and are subject to change without notice ©2020 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: The Bahamas. 

I guess all that complaining meant nothing?

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes. Double Points is another marketing terminology.  Only people getting double are those who normally get one point. Everyone gets an extra one point per night. 

M8

Yeah their banner is misleading  WHAT a SURPRISE

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ashland said:

What/when are some last minute deals..?

I'm hoping for something from our west coast to be announced soon.

West coat won’t be until summer 2022 at the earliest.  Probably released with the rest of the new itineraries a November through a March.

last minute deals on the going, going gone sale....pretty much only sailings that are past final payment.  Updated weekly.  Someone (Usually Biker) posts them 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Personally I have 179 pts on carnival and some on princess, ncl, celebrity.

Not everyone cruises rcl only.

Depends where I want to go. Also during covid I dont want to fly, so only ccl and rcl to book. I still dont know even when I hit diamond on rcl tbh. Saw it last February when I decided to book rcl.

Not everyone is so loyal to royal .... let the rock stoning start. I've cruised out of calif, seattle and all the ports in florida. ... just not during covid. I know it's not popular to sleep around lol. New orleans is a 10 hour drive away, so after covid, I'll consider it too. Right now I'm staying close to home until I feel safer from covid. I missed the whole double solo pts on rcl so far, and thought book rcl when I saw it beginning of this year .... sounded like a good idea at the time. 

Nothing wrong with booking other lines.  I have other lines booked and stalking Princess and HAL for more bookings.  I'm 3 cruises short of platinum on the whale tail.  Once in a while I get a notion to complete that level but Princess and HAL look more my thing now, might as well cruise what I want and not chase status.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I guess there havent been any? I dont remember seeing any. 

Here’s the link.  Flyer is updated weekly but hadn’t been for a while since they aren’t sailing.  It usually only has sailings past final Payment. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

West coat won’t be until summer 2022 at the earliest.  Probably released with the rest of the new itineraries a November through a March.

last minute deals on the going, going gone sale....pretty much only sailings that are past final payment.  Updated weekly.  Someone (Usually Biker) posts them 

Is there a place to see them for us mortals?

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here’s the link.  Flyer is updated weekly but hadn’t been for a while since they aren’t sailing.  It usually only has sailings past final Payment. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I cant find a way to save the address. Hope biker keeps posting them. I'm willing to drive. Just a brand new car.